The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

20 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

I’m not much of a playlist guy though.

3 minutes ago, Speedo said:

Same ... occasionally I'll throw on a band specific radio on Spotify. I'm not handpicking songs to soundtrack my day to though.

The world is laughing at you.

• Haha 2

I have some specific playlists but I mostly have a huge one full of what I’ve been listening to for the last few years. Currently has like 160 hours of music or some nonesense on it. Shove it on shuffle, skip what I’m not in the mood for.

my teen years were all random shuffles through my mp3 player so it’s kind of like reliving that.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Speedo said:

Same ... occasionally I'll throw on a band specific radio on Spotify. I'm not handpicking songs to soundtrack my day to though.

Yeah that’s all I do as well. I just like albums. When an album is good it’s put together thoughtfully so I listen to it like that. Even when I’m going on long drives I’ll make a playlist but it’ll be album followed by album etc.

I do realise it’s not the “normal” way these days but that’s just me.

• Like 2

maybe it's less about the quality of music and more about how things are released now (streaming).

we'll never experience the excitement of buying a record at the store on release day again. we also rarely experience the excitement of an album leaking early anymore either. 

instead, we get whatever the hell they decided to do with this album. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, wannabe corn dog said:

maybe it's less about the quality of music and more about how things are released now (streaming).

we'll never experience the excitement of buying a record at the store on release day again. we also rarely experience the excitement of an album leaking early anymore either. 

instead, we get whatever the hell they decided to do with this album. 

Well, you think about the fact we would sit on the radio station and wait for our songs, until finally we'd get our hands on the album, and get to experience all these new songs we had nothing but the back of the CD tracklist to guess what it'd be like based off the name.

Then to have to hunt down and find leaks on limewire or kazaa, put the effort in to burn a CD to listen to it on good quality, but on some cheap blank disc.

Then to YouTube having easier access to leaks and full albums, but still having to jump around song to song, get the artwork and everything.

Then to now where it's instant access, do as you please from the Spotify server, or YouTube with a million ads.  

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

It’s definitely about the quality for me. If I like the album I’ll listen to it on repeat for weeks.

Same. I listen to the album in question for weeks, then my favorite songs will go to my big playlist. Like @Kay, I have a big playlist that I just put on shuffle. It’s not as big, but it has 1503 songs as of today.

It was different when I had my previous car though, it didn’t have an aux input or Bluetooth so there it would be full albums on repeat

• Love 1

22 minutes ago, Elisa said:

wholesome Tom content on my twitter timeline, you don't see that every day.

Aw, bless him, but how did he find that they weren’t even tagged haha

• Haha 1

Having interacted with a few social media managers now, I’m pretty sure any time Tom quote tweets or interacts with a fan, it’s just his manager doing engagement. I don’t think Tom is just searching on Twitter for non tagged tweets related to AVA / him.

10 minutes ago, NotNow said:

Having interacted with a few social media managers now, I’m pretty sure any time Tom quote tweets or interacts with a fan, it’s just his manager doing engagement. I don’t think Tom is just searching on Twitter for non tagged tweets related to AVA / him.

Social media manager 🙄