The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

17 minutes ago, Kay said:

Not sure why you’re eye rolling, thats a job. Practically my old job haha

I know it's a job, but I doubt it's anywhere the same for a semi-famous artist like Tom, if he were to even have one.  I'm sure AvA guaranteed has one, Tom, can't see having a manager for anything.

• Like 1
  • Crab 2

43 minutes ago, A Bun With No Patent said:

I know it's a job, but I doubt it's anywhere the same for a semi-famous artist like Tom, if he were to even have one.  I'm sure AvA guaranteed has one, Tom, can't see having a manager for anything.

You would be very surprised how little of a following you need to have a social media managers. Influencers in the hundreds of thousands of followers have social media managers. A social media manager will have 5 clients at a time and it’s contracted work through a pr firm. Order of events, publicist reaches out to firm they want to work with. Says my client needs this for x amount of time (in this case the lifeforms album cycle), pr firm says okay we have this person available and they create a temp contract. It’s very common the social media manager handles all direct engagement with followers with no input from the client, but it varies the client may want to approve messages. The client handles actual posting and / or has to approve things with the social media manager.

It heavily varies how involved the celeb is with their account, but engagement with fans is most of the time the account manager.

Also if you don’t think it’s a manager, it means they’re doing a good job because that’s the whole point of their job.

Its just speculation from me, but his change in presence with fan interaction around the start of the album cycle makes me think he at least has someone helping out with the account. (Well that’s a known fact because Tom has scheduled posts that go out that are advertisements for to the stars merch all the time on his Instagram and Twitter that he is definitely not the one doing at a minimum).

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, NotNow said:

You would be very surprised how little of a following you need to have a social media managers. Influencers in the hundreds of thousands of followers have social media managers. A social media manager will have 5 clients at a time and it’s contracted work through a pr firm. Order of events, publicist reaches out to firm they want to work with. Says my client needs this for x amount of time (in this case the lifeforms album cycle), pr firm says okay we have this person available and they create a temp contract. It’s very common the social media manager handles all direct engagement with followers with no input from the client, but it varies the client may want to approve messages. The client handles actual posting and / or has to approve things with the social media manager.

It heavily varies how involved the celeb is with their account, but engagement with fans is most of the time the account manager.

Also if you don’t think it’s a manager, it means they’re doing a good job because that’s the whole point of their job.

Its just speculation from me, but his change in presence with fan interaction around the start of the album cycle makes me think he at least has someone helping out with the account. (Well that’s a known fact because Tom has scheduled posts that go out that are advertisements for to the stars merch all the time on his Instagram and Twitter that he is definitely not the one doing at a minimum).

Yea, Tom ain't doing that.

Trust me, I get majority of celebs are doing this, but Tom is like the 1 person (which is why I even still follow him) that I know is posting his own shit.  Unless his social media manager is taking his selfies for him in his Ford truck and his crusty white shirt that hasn't been washed in months as he says some stupid shit about life and/or announcements of little substance.

• Like 1
  • Crab 1

2 minutes ago, A Bun With No Patent said:

Trust me, I get majority of celebs are doing this, but Tom is like the 1 person (which is why I even still follow him) that I know is posting his own shit.  Unless his social media manager is taking his selfies for him in his Ford truck and his crusty white shirt that hasn't been washed in months as he says some stupid shit about life and/or announcements of little substance.

Yeah, Tom is a personality you can't fake. It's definitely him posting shit.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, A Bun With No Patent said:

Yea that stuff would all be him. Quote tweeting fans with emojis and saying where are youuuu and all of the advertisement posts would be his manager.

• Like 1
  • Crab 1

You guys are misunderstanding.

of course his main posts are his, but a SM manager also has access and probably posts responses and such as part of the other work. Multiple people running accounts is super normal.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, NotNow said:

Yea that stuff would all be him. Quote tweeting fans with emojis and saying where are youuuu and all of the advertisement posts would be his manager.

Tom has literally filmed himself singing along to I Miss You in random coffee shops.  Tom has no life outside AvA and TTS, it is Tom.

Tom also fucking hates managers as we've learned.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, NotNow said:

Yeah I never thought about that. There has been a drastic change lately with his fan interaction. Hopefully it's due to being in a better mental state and not his sister posting shit though.

• Like 1

*1,000 pages*

ORIGINALLY SAID: *page 1,000*, which bumped to page 1,001, because I'm a complete fucktard and utter fuckup with emotionally unavailable parents which has trickled over to several failed relationships for lacking in that category myself due to lack of patience with personal growth in that regard.

Thank you Tom.

48 minutes ago, A Bun With No Patent said:

Tom has literally filmed himself singing along to I Miss You in random coffee shops.  Tom has no life outside AvA and TTS, it is Tom.

Tom also fucking hates managers as we've learned.

I guess you’re just a sheep to corporate america then. It’s fine if you don’t want to open your eyes.

• Haha 1