The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

6 hours ago, Ghent said:

I was just looking at his high watered Wrangler jeans. Looks like me standing up there trying to be punk

Hes… just wearing jeans? You’re as bad as Jan for trolling today.

• Like 4

I think I am just now paying Tom the respect that I think he deserves. It is a combination of the fact that I have aged and can somehow relate and see his point in some of his public actions. Tom has been so persistent throughout the past 15 or so years with ava and now I can see he is at peace, which makes me see him in a different light, like, here, he's genuinely made it. Nothing will top blink in terms of popularity and Tom accepting it and being modestly ok with it kind of won me over.

52 minutes ago, Ixidor said:

I think I am just now paying Tom the respect that I think he deserves. It is a combination of the fact that I have aged and can somehow relate and see his point in some of his public actions. Tom has been so persistent throughout the past 15 or so years with ava and now I can see he is at peace, which makes me see him in a different light, like, here, he's genuinely made it. Nothing will top blink in terms of popularity and Tom accepting it and being modestly ok with it kind of won me over.

The family stuff and not wanting to tour the world with a crew of 50 people to manage after he was financially independent makes way more sense to me as an adult. I’m retiring as soon as I can and doing freelance. Still a ton of crazy fucked up decisions thrown in there.

12 hours ago, NotNow said:

The family stuff and not wanting to tour the world with a crew of 50 people to manage after he was financially independent makes way more sense to me as an adult. I’m retiring as soon as I can and doing freelance. Still a ton of crazy fucked up decisions thrown in there.

yeah, this i understand more than ever as an adult, but there are ways to minimize your absence even as a touring artist with a family, i think. shorter run shows, over like two weeks. hitting major cities instead of everywhere on a north american tour, playing festivals here and there. i completely understand his desire to spend more time with family no question, and it looks like travis and mark did too, but it was obvious that tom was just itching to do something entirely his own (AVA), for years up to ‘05. the purported solo emails, BCR as a whole, etc. he just used the family thing as an excuse to bail on his friends so he could exert more control over a project.

• Like 5

On 11/14/2021 at 1:05 AM, Ixidor said:

Now that's some revisionist history. Almost offended by it.

• Haha 3