The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

On 1/13/2022 at 12:05 PM, Cheerios4u98 said:

the irony is that Modlife was actually a pretty great deal for when it started, and they've never had anything good like that since. The fact that being a Modlife member got you into AVA Meet & Greets made it an extremely good deal for that alone, considering they cost hundreds to get into now. But the band was super active on Modlife for a time and it was really fun to interact with them on their video chats. I mean it was basically Twitch before Twitch became big. Of course, it didn't last, and the band stopped using it, and in the end people were left paying for nothing, like always lol.

Yeah, modlife WAS a good idea at the time, social media weren't a thing like today, and it was basically myspace on steroids, but it was always doomed to not last.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Does anyone still frequent Lifeforms?

i haven’t listened to it from front to back since the week it came out and haven’t listened to any song from the album since about 2 weeks after that. I don’t even hate the songs but they just left no lasting impression on me. Bit of a shame after craving new Tom music for 6ish years.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

i haven’t listened to it from front to back since the week it came out and haven’t listened to any song from the album since about 2 weeks after that. I don’t even hate the songs but they just left no lasting impression on me. Bit of a shame after craving new Tom music for 6ish years.

Same. I still really like Kiss & Tell but haven’t listened to it since the album release.

5 hours ago, Russel Coight said:

I haven’t listened to the album in full but I’ve listened to a few of the individual songs quite often. Euphoria was my top song for 2021 lol

17 hours ago, Russel Coight said:

The album grew on me more and more after each month tbh. Weird cause I was disappointed in nearly every song when each of them was released but now I regard it as the best AVA album. Still not sure if I rate it more than Nine but I don't think it has one bad song on it whereas Nine has a couple of bad songs for me.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, Elisa said:

AVA just cancelled their European tour. I'm glad I didn't plan the trip to the UK because I was afraid this was going to happen. 

Is the Alk3 tour still going ahead in March @Kay?

I'm glad I didn't get tickets for AVA either, because they haven't even 'postponed' they've outright cancelled.

So far there's no word that Alk3 are pulling out of their tour but I'm keeping my eyes peeled. I really fucking hope not we've booked hotels and stuff. 

22 minutes ago, Kay said:

I'm glad I didn't get tickets for AVA either, because they haven't even 'postponed' they've outright cancelled.

So far there's no word that Alk3 are pulling out of their tour but I'm keeping my eyes peeled. I really fucking hope not we've booked hotels and stuff. 

From what I'm seeing, the UK is the only place where gigs are going ahead and there's barely any restrictions. AVA probably had to cancel because they also had dates in Germany etc etc. I'm sure that as it stands the Alk3 tour is happening.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Elisa said:

From what I'm seeing, the UK is the only place where gigs are going ahead and there's barely any restrictions. AVA probably had to cancel because they also had dates in Germany etc etc. I'm sure that as it stands the Alk3 tour is happening.

Yeah England has gottens suuuper lax so I am surprised about AVA pulling out. 

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

Toms a joke, im guessing they cancelled because they didnt plan the tour properly, they didnt even sell out Birmingham! Where as alkaline trio planned their venues properly and did smaller more realistic venues...

Im sure england went to like zero restriction last week :(

looks like im going to watch trio and bowling for soup instead ..

6 hours ago, prankerd14 said:

Toms a joke, im guessing they cancelled because they didnt plan the tour properly, they didnt even sell out Birmingham! Where as alkaline trio planned their venues properly and did smaller more realistic venues...

Im sure england went to like zero restriction last week :(

looks like im going to watch trio and bowling for soup instead ..

People on the AVA movement group claim that this tour didn't sell well and Tom used covid as an excuse to cancel, but I have no idea. Maybe they're saying this just because they're mad at Tom for ripping them off with the Empire Club. 

• Haha 1
  • Wow 1

AvA comes out of nowhere with a 2 year late album and still gets traction.

AvA, the band known for the Adventure 10+ years ago.

Tom went on Rogan once and posts nonsense in a ford trucker hat and dirty white T shirt on his Instagram sporadically about his upcoming music.

He's getting results above what I'd expect out of that tbh.  Surprised AvA gets any hype these days. Surprised Tom is even relevant at all with the effort he puts out.

• Like 1