The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

9 minutes ago, M!ke said:

Goldfinger.  Always enjoyed that band, respect him as a musician for sure.  He may have worked with a lot of groups I'm no fan of, but so what?  That somehow means he can't create material that I am a fan of?  At this point, Tom probably has more material that I don't like than what I do like thanks to all his AaA nonsense, but does that somehow mean I shouldn't like what he did with blink or BCR?  That kind of logic makes no sense.

I'm not saying that. Not sure why you think I don't like earlier Feldmann or don't give him his due with some of his production. Heck, I would say a lot of the Goldfinger discography sounds better than California. A lot of variables can be as to why, but I think maybe the studio and that 20 something who was working on it was perhaps a reason why it sounds more amateur.

8 minutes ago, Chewy030 said:

I swear some of you act like blink didn't do anything on this record and it's 100% feldman. Feldman wrote all the bass parts, Feldman wrote all the guitar part. Feldman wrote the lyrics. You guys are trying to dig way to deep into this thing. I think if Feldman didn't get writing credits on this record you guys wouldn't be hating on it as much. But since he does you're trying to find anything and everything to hate about it. Just move on. 

You tend to blame a director when a bad movie is made. This is not that hard to figure out what variable caused this. Mark is a producer himself and nothing he's made has sounded....like this. Feldmann makes these kinds of records a lot, so it's not hard to figure out....

8 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Album is good. Nothing else matters. I didn't even know who Feldmann was prior to blink hooking up with him. I don't listen to modern pop punk, it sucks. Thankfully California was better than that.

He didn't. Just talking out of his ass.

What Travis said was that they wanted to work with multiple producers (label probably suggested it and the band agreed, standard business, duh). then they met with Feldmann at Travis' urging. It went so well that they just went ahead and did an entirely new album with him.

It is speculation, but I know how these things work Ghent. All these years, I am like one of the only one who can see a band as a business, and with that in mind, I know how they operate. Others want to create a fantasy of "they are great friends who love making music". Why must people lie to themselves like that on a constant basis? 10 years ago I can understand, but by now, with people approaching 30 years of age on here, the real world should be more apparent.

• Like 1

Just now, Olidamus said:

It is speculation, but I know how these things work Ghent. All these years, I am like the only one who can see a band as a business, and with that in mind, I know how they operate. Others want to create a fantasy of "they are great friends who love making music". Why must people lie to themselves like that on a constant basis? 10 years ago I can understand, but by now, with people approaching 30 years of age on here, the real world should be more apparent.

It's like sausage, nobody wants to admit how it's made or why those weird hard bits get in there occasionally. This album is held up by blink's raw talent is all I'm saying. Feldmann and coffee got the album made no doubt, but at what cost?

1 minute ago, Chewy030 said:

As much as you hate this record Kyle you spend an AWFUL lot of time talking about it. 

Like, all day, every day. Very strange.

6 minutes ago, Olidamus said:

It is speculation, but I know how these things work Ghent. All these years, I am like one of the only one who can see a band as a business, and with that in mind, I know how they operate. Others want to create a fantasy of "they are great friends who love making music". Why must people lie to themselves like that on a constant basis? 10 years ago I can understand, but by now, with people approaching 30 years of age on here, the real world should be more apparent.

You know fuck all just like the rest of us.

I am well aware that music is a business. Being in a band is a career. And these guys are successful businessmen. What does that have to do with ANYTHING?

It's not our fault that you are a jaded person who sees the world through green tinted $$$$ glasses.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, _Kyle_ said:

It's like sausage, nobody wants to admit how it's made or why those weird hard bits get in there occasionally. This album is held up by blink's raw talent is all I'm saying. Feldmann and coffee got the album made no doubt, but at what cost?

Great example on meat! I will always lie to myself about that one. If I really stop and  think a Mcdonalds Cheeseburger is like 90% beef and 10% cardboard, crushed up bone, feces, and cow testicles, its over for me. Totally done. I can't do it. Ever.

Just now, Olidamus said:

Great example on meat! I will always lie to myself about that one. If I really stop and  think a Mcdonalds Cheeseburger is like 90% beef and 10% cardboard, crushed up bone, feces, and cow testicles, its over for me. Totally done. I can't do it. Ever.

Food for thought right? Oof, remind me to not go to BK for a while (those $1 rodeo burgers always get me). Nevermind the fact you eat what is probably 100 cows in one patty.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2015/08/05/there-are-a-lot-more-cows-in-a-single-hamburger-than-you-realize/

1 minute ago, Ghent said:

Like, all day, every day. Very strange.

You know fuck all just like the rest of us.

I am well aware that music is a business. Being in a band is a career. And these guys are successful businessmen. What does that have to do with ANYTHING?

It's not our fault that you are a jaded person who sees the world through green tinted $$$$ glasses.

All I am saying it, if you think Feldman came in because, he was like great friends with Travis and it would be super cool man, that is silly. That's all. I already admitted I don't know if the label forced it, it makes sense, but maybe not.

What is certain, is that Feldy (the fuckup) did help write the songs. Open you jewel case and check it out. The little book inside NEVER LIES.

On 7/31/2016 at 5:18 PM, _Kyle_ said:

I'm still not sure what you meant by "new venture". How can mark be launching a band he's been for decades. Atticus is long gone and was sold once Tom left the band, so what is all of this have to do with Mark as a 40 year old man.

OK you got me...an old venture with a new brand. And I'm quit aware Atticus was sold. It was an example of how close they once were, I guess. I dunno. I don't think I'd start a shirt company with just some Joe Schmo. But really Atticus was just another way for them to make easy $$ so I'm rethinking my example.

All I know is Mark is a fucking 40 year old asshole. Tom is just as big of an asshole, if not more, but I don't think he'd go on with blink without Mark (maybe he'd find it too hard to commit). Travis probably is too. That's my only point now. Money changed them, as expected, because they were so young when they got it. 

Don't understand how people can hate on this song (STFTK). The breakdown is beautiful, no other word for it, the piano, the bass, everything. 

Tom Delonge will always be one of my heroes, just wish he didn't become so estranged with Blink. 

Tom speaking over the top of the guitar makes this even more emotional. 

I'm actually really looking forward to this documentary.

• Like 3

Just now, vic vinegar said:

OK you got me...an old venture with a new brand. And I'm quit aware Atticus was sold. It was an example of how close they once were, I guess. I dunno. I don't think I'd start a shirt company with just some Joe Schmo. But really Atticus was just another way for them to make easy $$ so I'm rethinking my example.

All I know is Mark is a fucking 40 year old asshole. Tom is just as big of an asshole, if not more, but I don't think he'd go on with blink without Mark (maybe he'd find it too hard to commit). Travis probably is too. That's my only point now. Money changed them, as expected, because they were so young when they got it. 

I wasn't denying anything you were saying, just curious what you meant by the new venture as I hadn't heard that. Like the HMNIM stuff or something. Wasn't sure. I agree to some extent. Mark and Tom loved each other. I think money, but also just life changes everybody. I think they lost that punk rock connection. They got married, got kids, and they needed each other less in life. Sadly it happens. I absolutely think they're the McCartney and Lennon of pop punk. Perfect together, but only occasionally brilliant without each other.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bucko said:

Don't understand how people can hate on this song (STFTK). The breakdown is beautiful, no other word for it, the piano, the bass, everything. 

Tom Delonge will always be one of my heroes, just wish he didn't become so estranged with Blink. 

Tom speaking over the top of the guitar makes this even more emotional. 

I'm actually really looking forward to this documentary.

The only thing that bugs me is when they play it live and fans start singing the chorus right away after the bridge.  I love the song but it's like come on kids there's no words there. 

51 minutes ago, Chewy030 said:

I swear some of you act like blink didn't do anything on this record and it's 100% feldman. Feldman wrote all the bass parts, Feldman wrote all the guitar part. Feldman wrote the lyrics. You guys are trying to dig way to deep into this thing. I think if Feldman didn't get writing credits on this record you guys wouldn't be hating on it as much. But since he does you're trying to find anything and everything to hate about it. Just move on. 

No, I'd still very much dislike this new album.

25 minutes ago, Olidamus said:

All I am saying it, if you think Feldman came in because, he was like great friends with Travis and it would be super cool man, that is silly. That's all. I already admitted I don't know if the label forced it, it makes sense, but maybe not.

What is certain, is that Feldy (the fuckup) did help write the songs. Open you jewel case and check it out. The little book inside NEVER LIES.

I think Feldmann came in for one reason: to help make a better album. Whether it was the label's idea or not, Travis is the one who originally approached him. In the end, all the guys loved the final product and want to work with him again in the future....

or is the label just telling them to say that? JFC

and duh. Feldmann has writing credits. Old news. cool story bro. the album is still awesome.

• Like 1

Just now, Chewy030 said:

The only thing that bugs me is when they play it live and fans start singing the chorus right away after the bridge.  I love the song but it's like come on kids there's no words there. 

Completely agree r.e fans singing chorus after bridge, so irritating.