The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

1 minute ago, The Watcher on the Wall said:

The strangest thing about his fb post is that he calls John Feldmann "feldy" as if they're good friends yet not only are they probably barely acquainted, he proceeds to shit on him by name dropping 5SOS and good charlotte...

I don't even understand why the fact that he produced for 5SOS or Good Charlotte is supposed to be a bad thing.  I'm not a fan of 5SOS, but I can appreciate good production when I hear it, and all their songs absolutely sound polished.  Honestly not far from what Jerry Finn probably would have done.  And I like Good Charlotte, not all their music, but they have a fair amount of songs I really like, and they always loved Goldfinger (weird that I remember that), so I'm sure they were the ones that approached Feldmann to produce their album

• Like 1

Just now, M!ke said:

I don't even understand why the fact that he produced for 5SOS or Good Charlotte is supposed to be a bad thing.  I'm not a fan of 5SOS, but I can appreciate good production when I hear it, and all their songs absolutely sound polished.  Honestly not far from what Jerry Finn probably would have done.  And I like Good Charlotte, not all their music, but they have a fair amount of songs I really like, and they always loved Goldfinger (weird that I remember that), so I'm sure they were the ones that approached Feldmann to produce their album

Oh I agree, I don't think it's a bad thing at all. But I personally feel like Tom was trying to throw shade with that comment. Why else would he name drop them in parenthesis? He could have just said "feldy" or even "feldy (goldfinger)". He knew what he was doing imo

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, M!ke said:

Doesn't the producer also, together with band, map out the vision of the sound of the record. I mean, being a producer isn't all technical work right (i.e. making sure songs sound polished).

looks like tom revised this thing multiple times. its very clear that he's saying blink wanted a more mainstream pop artist sound and tom says he didn't. he claims they resorted to a producer who actually co-writes with the bands. if he were being genuine, i would understand where he's coming from. but tom was trying to push blink to be AVA, not preserve their roots. if i had to chose between space blink and new pop blink, i'd probably lean toward the latter.

with that said, i really hope feldman didn't write too much on this record. the three of them are more than capable of writing everything by themselves. the fact that they scrapped five months worth of recorded material is actually kind of frightening because who knows if it would have been better. 

also, fuck this guy. he probably did meet with mark and has shot travis a text a few times over the past week. but, he's definitely exaggerating. they'll respond and play nice to avoid legal battles, but you know mark and travis are talking mad shit about him in a separate conversation.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, theedge00 said:

Doesn't the producer also, together with band, map out the vision of the sound of the record. I mean, being a producer isn't all technical work right (i.e. making sure songs sound polished).

arrangement of the songs,helping to write or change vocal harmonies, writing bridges, or saying "that part sucks" are some of the things producers do. He actually is an all-rounder and can help with everything. The major ideas come from the band and he glues them together if needed

You people need to start overthinking everything Tom, Mark, Travis, Matt or anyone posts on the internet. The fact is that one actually knows what has happened or is hapenning behind the curtains. I read the whole post and I didn't notice anything bad about it related to Blink, Feldmann, Mark or Travis. What I noticed is that Tom wishes the best to Blink and is tired of people relating or comparing his work with Blink. I know that it's his legacy but he wants to move on and want people to do the same.

I read in another forum that Travis was interviewed by a radio called RadioX and he told that everything is OK between them and they have been actually talking to each other so let's calm down. Tom is not as insane as everyone is thinking and before anyone calls me a Tombot: I'm not! Sadly I have to admit that everything he has being producing and recording is not touching my heart anymore but I wish him the best! My heart is with Mark, Matt & Travis and I expected nothing but the best on the upcoming album.

5 hours ago, Anthem said:

ahh, personal insult? you have no argument.

Also you people remember when the 2013 aus tour was advertised with Travis?...yeah remember what happened? he wasn't there!

That wasn't Travis' fault, I read multiple posts by him on Instagram/Twitter in the months leading up to it where he openly told fans he wasn't necessarily coming. Was just yet another management fuck up and AJ Maddah lying again

2 minutes ago, GrimCityGirl said:

Tom, do yourself and everyone else a favour and STOP FUCKING TALKING. It's easy for you to follow your fucking dreams and do the unexpected...YOU'RE A FUCKING MILLIONAIRE. stop telling fucking idiots to quit their goddamn day jobs you ignorant, irresponsible sycophant. 

Seriously! I was just think the same...its just not in the cards for everyone. Sad thing is we know there are delusional people who believe everything he says. Somewhere, a tombot just quit their job :/

• Like 1