The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

3 minutes ago, Ghent's Brother said:

A dude on the blink reddit met and spoke with the author of the Strange Times book that Tom put out and said this:

"Tom apparently called off the event just after his emails were leaked because he was convinced that the government was going to assassinate him. So that's fun."

Yep totally normal family-man behavior!

I dunno, man. I'm on reddit a lot and there's so many bullshit stories on there. I wouldn't go believing some random person on reddit. Who is the author of Strange Times? We should track him down and see if it's true or not.

20 minutes ago, Dylan_ said:

I dunno, man. I'm on reddit a lot and there's so many bullshit stories on there. I wouldn't go believing some random person on reddit. Who is the author of Strange Times? We should track him down and see if it's true or not.

Some guy named Geoff Herbach apparently. And of course take it with a grain of salt, can't believe everything you read and all that.......but this crazy stuff comes up time and time again.  There's just no way you can defend it as being normal.  

• Like 1

I'd say believing an invisible force in the sky is telling you to live in a certain way and worship them daily/weekly is 100 times more batshit than anything Tom has ever done...yet billions do it and it's accepted. It's all perspective/opinion.

I wouldn't say Tom is mentally ill at all, this is just who he is now. People use the illness line cause it suggests there's a cure and "old Tom" may return one day.

He's not ill, he's just a douchebag who sucks at most of the things he's trying to do. Sucks so bad you'd have to think he was crazy.

• Like 5

There's no way it's a coincidence that the minute wikileaks released those e-mails no one heard a PEEP from Tom for at least a couple weeks.

Instead of feeling embarrassed like a mentally healthy individual would after his craziness is exposed, Tom immediately thinks the government is going to assassinate him because he knows all the Sekrets....

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, Ghent's Brother said:

Some guy named Geoff Herbach apparently. And of course take it with a grain of salt, can't believe everything you read and all that.......but this crazy stuff comes up time and time again.  There's just no way you can defend it as being normal.  

Yeah I'm definitely taking it with a grain of salt. I'm gonna look into this Geoff Herbach guy. Maybe I can get an answer out of him!

1 hour ago, Craig182 said:

I'd say believing an invisible force in the sky is telling you to live in a certain way and worship them daily/weekly is 100 times more batshit than anything Tom has ever done...yet billions do it and it's accepted. It's all perspective/opinion.

I wouldn't say Tom is mentally ill at all, this is just who he is now. People use the illness line cause it suggests there's a cure and "old Tom" may return one day.

He's not ill, he's just a douchebag who sucks at most of the things he's trying to do. Sucks so bad you'd have to think he was crazy.

Well, I don't know, mate. Sometimes, I tend to think he's having serious troubles. Others, I think who the hell am I to think anything about him. But I'll tell you something.

Despite the obvious differences, sometimes Tom reminds me to Brian Wilson in his behavior on the late 60s and early 70s. Sure, he's not doing the same things and, as far as we know, hes not doing cocaine, LSD or any kind of hard drug. But just the behavior is weird. Anyone who nkows the Beach Boys and is a consistent fan of that band would be pretty aware of all the mental issues Brian had back in the day, and, specially, all the weird things he started to do once he had a nervous breakdown and nobody seemed to pay attention to it. So to say: thinks kept going as if that never happened (despite the fact Brian stopped touring with the band), and nobody paid attention or put some effort to try to stop his demise until it was a little bit too late.

So, to be brief.. those times I think Tom has some problems, that's the picture that comes to my mind: the picture of a man who is having some problems and is not gettin' any proper help, and also has tons of money in order to do whatever crazy project he wants to do, which keeps him away for a proper situation in which he just has to seek help.

But, again, don't judge me. This is only a very personal thought that, maybe, has no foundation. Maybe he only turned into an eccentric person. Or maybe it's all a mixture of things.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MSandt said:

Delusions of grandeur. He must believe what he's doing is super important, even worth being assassinated for.

Despite the fact that wikileaks showed both John Podesta and Hillary's top campaign adviser casually mocking him.

They were probably busier with, you know, the actual campaign.

The fact he even responded makes me think he may make alien buddies with Tom at some point.

I do think Tom is a bit crazy, of course, but in his way it's entertaining imo.  I think sitting around to over analyze his 'mental illness' makes you an even crazier person.  Lighten up a bit.  He ruined Blink, but this stuff happens to lots of bands (egos ruining the band, not alien chasing)

• Like 1

I agree, I think toms a chode these days but he's not crazy. None of us know him personally. How could you claim someone has a mental illness only judging by social media posts and other media related material. Even interviews are bullshit.  That's rediculous to assume such a thing when you don't even know the person

1 hour ago, jd9973l said:

I agree, I think toms a chode these days but he's not crazy. None of us know him personally. How could you claim someone has a mental illness only judging by social media posts and other media related material. Even interviews are bullshit.  That's rediculous to assume such a thing when you don't even know the person

Tell that to literally half the united states in regards to Donald Trump. People constantly question the mental health of celebrities and public figures, especially if they act super friggin' mental in a public fashion. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kay said:

Tell that to literally half the united states in regards to Donald Trump. People constantly question the mental health of celebrities and public figures, especially if they act super friggin' mental in a public fashion. 

Exactly. You go and watch any entertainment news show and each day there is a different celebrity that they are saying is mentally ill or needs help. Pretty sure I heard reports not long ago that Brad Pitt has bipolar and another report saying he has schizophrenia.

Exactly, the change has been 182º. He's just another person now. But that's not the big deal per se. People change. It's his behavior. I mean, look ath the Podesta mails. He's basically trying to do with him what has been doing with his fans for years: sell smoke. The thing is that Podesta and company are not tombots and are not buying his bullshit, the opposite to what the 'kids' -oops, sorry, 'young adults'- do.

15 hours ago, Nshesaid said:

They were probably busier with, you know, the actual campaign.

The fact he even responded makes me think he may make alien buddies with Tom at some point.

I do think Tom is a bit crazy, of course, but in his way it's entertaining imo.  I think sitting around to over analyze his 'mental illness' makes you an even crazier person.  Lighten up a bit.  He ruined Blink, but this stuff happens to lots of bands (egos ruining the band, not alien chasing)

Please tell me that you indeed are from the future, and that is an actual image of Admiral Delonge?