The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

To be fair blink really didn't tell any jokes at the show I saw. I just think it's hard for Mark to be funny without someone else to banter with, since Matt doesn't really talk at shows. The funniest moments at past blink shows I went to (both post-reunion) were definitely the back and forth interaction between Mark and Tom. Usually Tom would say something completely ridiculous and Mark would make fun of him. Neither of them are quite as funny without the other. And to think we complained about a lack of banter back then...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ghost said:

He's gonna have a TV show?

i was just kidding, but who knows what's in his mind... he tweeted it 2 days ago to demonstrate he's not lost: "5 Novels, 1 NonFiction, 1 Full-length, 2 EPs, 1 documentary, 2 feature films in Developement, directing one feature, and a few Wikileaks"... (if he thinks that 5 novels are his novels, i bet he portrays all other stuff a lot bigger than they really are. he may think his nonexisting documentary will be a tv show.)

2 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

To be fair blink really didn't tell any jokes at the show I saw. I just think it's hard for Mark to be funny without someone else to banter with, since Matt doesn't really talk at shows. The funniest moments at past blink shows I went to (both post-reunion) were definitely the back and forth interaction between Mark and Tom. Usually Tom would say something completely ridiculous and Mark would make fun of him. Neither of them are quite as funny without the other. And to think we complained about a lack of banter back then...

i think the banterless shows with skiba prove that after the reunion everything was a bit forced and fully staged... if it was natural, now mark would ask matt to act a bit funny, make jokes, etc. it would be forced and staged this time, for the first time, but for a good cause... but i guess it would be the second time and he don't want to feel the same way (as with tom), so he lets matt be a frontman in the background.

i mean, matt obviously could learn to be a better showman, but even us, fans would think he's just copying tom. and mark would know that neither tom's funny moments were honest, nor matt's act would be honest.

47 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

i was just kidding, but who knows what's in his mind... he tweeted it 2 days ago to demonstrate he's not lost: "5 Novels, 1 NonFiction, 1 Full-length, 2 EPs, 1 documentary, 2 feature films in Developement, directing one feature, and a few Wikileaks"... (if he thinks that 5 novels are his novels, i bet he portrays all other stuff a lot bigger than they really are. he may think his nonexisting documentary will be a tv show.)

Haha, I though you were serious. Wow, that makes his quete even worse.

Why in the hell a normal human being would tease as fuck knowing he's not gonna do anything? I mean... that's just ridiculous.

From what I know from a friend who was behind the scenes during their last UK tour in 2014, Tom was always in his dressing room listening to music with his children while Mark and Travis were hanging around, talking to everyone. He was also the first to leave just right after the shows were over. I think they only talked on stage or during the sound check. 

46 minutes ago, Elisa said:

From what I know from a friend who was behind the scenes during their last UK tour in 2014, Tom was always in his dressing room listening to music with his children while Mark and Travis were hanging around, talking to everyone. He was also the first to leave just right after the shows were over. I think they only talked on stage or during the sound check. 

Sounds right, in the few videos that exist from the tour it shows him exiting the stage before Mark and Travis and looks to be in a hurry to leave.

• Like 1