The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

19 minutes ago, Olidamus said:

Eh, I am with you on the protein thing, more or less.

But doing aerobics is not the only way to burn fat. A guy with 10 pounds of muscle is going to burn more calories sitting on his ass than a guy with 5 pounds of muscle. One of the reasons why older people gain weight is because there is a natural deterioriation of muscle that they had when they were younger.

So yes, eating more shit food, and pumping Iron will generally get you better results than eating a salad and running a treadmill. I am living proof of that, but everyone is different. If you are massivly overweight, my option would not be the option you want to use.

But I am sure you have heard of the term "bulk and cut", right? Slam cheeseburgers, slam weights, gain muscle, then 1 week from the photo shoot, just starve yourself, the fat will melt and the muscle will remain. Bodybuilders do it all the time.

Sounds healthy!

4 minutes ago, It'sTimeToComeHomeMark said:

Say what you want, but @Olidamusis right. The more I just eat in general, primarily burritos & pizza the more I'm inclined to workout/exercise. Which has significantly better results (for me) than by eating light and healthy and still trying to workout.  

Protein shakes can only go so far until you need the real thing.  Plus, nothing makes me feel more alive then slamming cheeseburgers. Feeling alive > more confidence > more energy > longer harder exercises

What about waffles with chicken? Vegan chicken?

12 minutes ago, Olidamus said:

Eh, I am with you on the protein thing, more or less.

But doing aerobics is not the only way to burn fat. A guy with 10 pounds of muscle is going to burn more calories sitting on his ass than a guy with 5 pounds of muscle. One of the reasons why older people gain weight is because there is a natural deterioriation of muscle that they had when they were younger.

So yes, eating more shit food, and pumping Iron will generally get you better results than eating a salad and running a treadmill. I am living proof of that, but everyone is different. If you are massivly overweight, my option would not be the option you want to use.

But I am sure you have heard of the term "bulk and cut", right? Slam cheeseburgers, slam weights, gain muscle, then 1 week from the photo shoot, just starve yourself, the fat will melt and the muscle will remain. Bodybuilders do it all the time.

Well, then if you're not with me 100%, you're not with the stablished principles of training, pretty well known and settled by science decades ago. But hey, whatever, hahaha.

On the "10 pounds of muscle is going to burn more calories sitting on his ass than a guy with 5 pounds of muscle", well, it can be possible, as long as a 'bigger' person has a higher basal metabolic waste, but that depends on tons of things too. Is not a rule. Also, if the muscle deteriorates you have two scenarios: losing muscle or losing muscle. And if you lose muscle, you loss weight. Muscle does not transform itself into fat or in another kind of tissue, if that's what you're suggesting. Another different thing is if a guy did have massive muscle growth but, suddenly, he stops exercising. Then, he'll lose some muscle, and get flaccidity. He'll loss tone.

And well, your compariston between trash food and salads is just no fair and you know it. If on your shitty food intake, you're taking meat or fish (that's proteins), then you'll have more protein intake that the one who 'only eats a salad', of course. But that's not because the 'calories', neither due to the shit you're takin, that's because the different amount of protein you're getting compared to the one who only eats a salad.

The comparison should be done between you and a guy who eats a clean, well and balanced in prteins and all diet, not only 'a salad'. You'll see huge differences.

Also, cheeseburgers are, basically, proteins and fat, mainly -not taking in cound bread-: meat and milk derivatives are very important protein sourcs. But is as if I would go and say: ok guys, to eat clean and healthy is bullshit, you have to go on a 100% meat diet and exercise as fuck, you muscles will go wild. Sure, but you're buying tons of ballots to get tens of disorders. That's what you're getting with trash food.

• Like 1

Just now, It'sTimeToComeHomeMark said:

I don't prefer the two together, but both solid. Waffles are kind of just bread to me. Chicken (not fried..) is considered a lean meat anyway, not sure where you're going with this other than jealousy your strict diet is mainly expensive bullshit.

This entire argument is based on Travis eating shitty food; Waffles with fried chicken! 

3 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Well, then if you're not with me 100%, you're not with the stablished principles of training, pretty well known and settled by science decades ago. But hey, whatever, hahaha.

On the "10 pounds of muscle is going to burn more calories sitting on his ass than a guy with 5 pounds of muscle", well, it can be possible, as long as a 'bigger' person has a higher basal metabolic waste, but that depends on tons of things too. Is not a rule. Also, if the muscle deteriorates you have two scenarios: losing muscle or losing muscle. And if you lose muscle, you loss weight. Muscle does not transform itself into fat or in another kind of tissue, if that's what you're suggesting. Another different thing is if a guy did have massive muscle growth but, suddenly, he stops exercising. Then, he'll lose some muscle, and get flaccidity. He'll loss tone.

And well, your compariston between trash food and salads is just no fair and you know it. If on your shitty food intake, you're taking meat or fish (that's proteins), then you'll have more protein intake that the one who 'only eats a salad', of course. But that's not because the 'calories', neither due to the shit you're takin, that's because the different amount of protein you're getting compared to the one who only eats a salad.

The comparison should be done between you and a guy who eats a clean, well and balanced in prteins and all diet, not only 'a salad'. You'll see huge differences.

Also, cheeseburgers are, basically, proteins and fat, mainly -not taking in cound bread-: meat and milk derivatives are very important protein sourcs. But is as if I would go and say: ok guys, to eat clean and healthy is bullshit, you have to go on a 100% meat diet and exercise as fuck, you muscles will go wild. Sure, but you're buying tons of ballots to get tens of disorders. That's what you're getting with trash food.

Well I don't know.

All I can say is, I went to the gym every single day for like 6 months doing weight training, I was at the top of their list of most attended.

I ate good, like really clean.

And my gains SUCKED. Sure I was thin, sure I felt pretty good, but I saw minimal change.

Then I stopped with the gym, ate shit (still eat some healthy stuff here and there), and do like 20 minutes of just pushups abs every other day and I see FAR more gains now. I promise you that. More muscle and I really have gained no additional weight.

I can really argue all the science behind it, but that is 100% my experience. Without question.

you know being muscular doesn't equal being healthy, right? I'm sure you're happy with the 'gains' but I dread to think what it's doing to you internally. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Kay said:

you know being muscular doesn't equal being healthy, right? I'm sure you're happy with the 'gains' but I dread to think what it's doing to you internally. 

It's all about looking good and ripped! Dying is just an unfortunate downside. 

7 minutes ago, Kay said:

As stated above, this is true. But as long as you aren't eating BK 3 times a day, its not that bad. My diet, I imagine is about average or maybe even slightly better than most.

I don't drink, smoke, or drug. That alone has me beat quite a good percentage of the population in terms of health.

3 minutes ago, Olidamus said:

Well I don't know.

All I can say is, I went to the gym every single day for like 6 months doing weight training, I was at the top of their list of most attended.

And my gains SUCKED. Sure I was thin, sure I felt pretty good, but I saw minimal change.

Then I stopped with the gym, ate shit (still eat some healthy stuff here and there), and do like 20 minutes of just pushups abs every other day and I see FAR more gains now. I promise you that. More muscle and I really have gained no additional weight.

I can really argue all the science behind it, but that is 100% my experience. Without question.

Honestly, you were probably over-working. Doing less workouts at once (20 minutes abs pushups) with days off in between probably had better results because you allowed your body to rest and recover more.  That's how my body works too, I never had much benefits when I was going daily, only until I started going every other or every 2 days. Try it.

• Like 2

Just now, It'sTimeToComeHomeMark said:

Honestly, you were probably over-working. Doing less workouts at once (20 minutes abs pushups) with days off in between probably had better results because you allowed your body to rest and recover more.  That's how my body works too, I never had much benefits when I was going daily, only until I started going every other or every 2 days. Try it.

Good point, I think that is part of it, I was doing every day, no recovery period at all.

8 minutes ago, Olidamus said:

Well I don't know.

@Ghost is pretty much spot on. Next to a proper workout routine, diet plays a HUGE roll in getting gainz. Protein, fat and carbs (i.e. macros) are the main contributors to muscle growth (and getting enough sleep!) 

Naturally if you go to the gym and just eat a salad, you're not getting any gainz lol. Rather than a salad, eat a high protein well balanced meal. Something like 50:35:15 (protein:carbs:fat) for every meal. A salad does NOT have this ratio! 

16 minutes ago, Olidamus said:

Yeah, mate, I believe you, really. We only would need to know your fat percentage and biometric analytics to know how your gains are more 'muscular' than before, or are spiced with fluid retention and fat gain. That's why body builders and fitness competitors (and the competitions) do reward and want lean bodies, because that's the only way to see how much real muscle you have.

• Like 1