The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

3 minutes ago, Patient #48273 said:

If the man who insists on abbreviating Angels and Airwaves as AAA is essentially calling you petty and immature, you need to do some self reflection.

Haha its funny how much that bothers some people here.  I just like proper abbreviations, not bullshit ones.  I'm not doing it to piss anyone off though, just personal preference.

• Like 2

I like the last few AVA releases, but I think harmlessly commenting dickish crap to Tom is just funny. he has so many fans sucking his dick some levity might actually be good for him.

However I think pages upon pages discussing it is bordering on a little weird / obsessive. like if you do it then whatever, its a bit of fun when you're scrolling through but talking about it at length is a bit odd.

3 hours ago, M!ke said:

Haha its funny how much that bothers some people here.  I just like proper abbreviations, not bullshit ones.  I'm not doing it to piss anyone off though, just personal preference.

Haha, I do agree that it is AAA too. Just the logo is stylised as an upside down A in the middle, which is fair enough. So technically, the logo is still AAA. Just the middle A is upside down, but it is still an upside down A and not a V. But I'll still call it AVA. Just cause it actually looks cool IMO.

5 hours ago, _Kyle_ said:

Anything he posts is for attention, that's how Instagram works. Hurt Mark? Because he's friends with Travis? At least he's trying to be. I would love to see where this leads, but damn if a guy can't have a friend without hurting somebody in this crazy blink world.

Tombot you actually think he's friends with Travis? Didn't Travis say specifically that Tom used his tragic plane crash as a means to make money. Yeah, I think he went there.

As to where it leads? It leads nowhere. 

Tom bullshits you on a daily basis and its hilarious that you buy it.

4 hours ago, Patient #48273 said:

If the man who insists on abbreviating Angels and Airwaves as AAA is essentially calling you petty and immature, you need to do some self reflection.

You should know by now that I don't give a shit about "petty and immature". I go scorched earth on people I don't like. Believe me, its not just Tom.

3 hours ago, Kay said:

I like the last few AVA releases, but I think harmlessly commenting dickish crap to Tom is just funny. he has so many fans sucking his dick some levity might actually be good for him.

However I think pages upon pages discussing it is bordering on a little weird / obsessive. like if you do it then whatever, its a bit of fun when you're scrolling through but talking about it at length is a bit odd.

LOL! I guess you've missed the last 14 years on this board. I think every single person on here can be considered "odd" many times over by your definition.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Olidamus said:

Tombot you actually think he's friends with Travis? Didn't Travis say specifically that Tom used his tragic plane crash as a means to make money. Yeah, I think he went there.

I'm aware that Tom bullshits us often, but by Travis' own admission he still talks with Tom from time to time.  I don't know if they're genuinely friends or not, but it doesn't sound like Travis has completely written Tom off either.

2 minutes ago, Olidamus said:

LOL! I guess you've missed the last 14 years on this board. I think every single person on here can be considered "odd" many times over by your definition.

Well, yeah. but if you're gonna rag on Tom on social media, just do it instead of debating it. I leave snarky comments on his FB all the time but I don't make a song and dance about it. 

2 minutes ago, M!ke said:

I'm aware that Tom bullshits us often, but by Travis' own admission he still talks with Tom from time to time.  I don't know if they're genuinely friends or not, but it doesn't sound like Travis has completely written Tom off either.

Maybe they talk. Who knows. But Tom clearly name drops Travis to get attention. Doesn't seem like much of a friend to me.

Just now, Olidamus said:

Maybe they talk. Who knows. But Tom clearly name drops Travis to get attention. Doesn't seem like much of a friend to me.

Maybe.  But I honestly wouldn't be surprised if some sort of BCR project happens at some point with Travis though.  At the end of the day Travis just loves to drum, and I'm pretty sure he really liked drumming on that album, so doing more music in that vein probably does interest him especially if blink ever has any down time, the only real reason I think he wouldn't do it would be if he thinks that it would bother Mark.

55 minutes ago, Olidamus said:

He seems to be trying. Sorry that is so horrible. Travis also gets heated and says his wife is horrible and he's going to kill her.

I don't buy his bullshit, I just let the great Tom Delonge do his thing while I watch in awe.

1 hour ago, _Kyle_ said:

He seems to be trying. Sorry that is so horrible. Travis also gets heated and says his wife is horrible and he's going to kill her.

I don't buy his bullshit, I just let the great Tom Delonge do his thing while I watch in awe.

This has to be a troll. Tom has proven himself to be nothing but a failure outside of Blink, especially relative to his goals.

AVA was never anything more than a club band.

Modlife was a failure.

His "big budget" movie got laughed out of the audition room.

His fictional alien crap is like a hobby for 11 year olds.

Poet Anderson was a failure and Travis outsold his shitty books by like 1000/1

Does he still have that comic shop? Never hear anything anymore.

His music protégé Ilan is MIA as are the rest of AVA. It seems they broke up.

Demos, Odds and Ends was proof that Tom can no longer really write music

• Like 3

2 hours ago, M!ke said:

Maybe.  But I honestly wouldn't be surprised if some sort of BCR project happens at some point with Travis though.  At the end of the day Travis just loves to drum, and I'm pretty sure he really liked drumming on that album, so doing more music in that vein probably does interest him especially if blink ever has any down time, the only real reason I think he wouldn't do it would be if he thinks that it would bother Mark.

There will never be another BCR. You are delusional.

1 minute ago, Olidamus said:

There will never be another BCR. You are delusional.

I didn't say there will be, just that I wouldn't be surprised if there is at this point.  I'm not holding my breath or even hoping for new BCR, I can just see it happening at this point is all that I'm saying.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Dylan_ said:

The people who hate Tom are seriously obsessed with him. Sad!

He isn't a good person, I've listed countless reasons to that effect, and its the tip of the iceberg. 

"Hate" is a strong word. I wouldn't say "hate". He's just an asshole. People who can't see that at this point are totally delusional and fooled.

29 minutes ago, M!ke said:

I didn't say there will be, just that I wouldn't be surprised if there is at this point.  I'm not holding my breath or even hoping for new BCR, I can just see it happening at this point is all that I'm saying.

I'd be stunned, Travis basically laughed at the notion. I give it less than 1% chance, but if it did happen, I guarantee it would be shit. Tom has already stated many times that AVA was what become of BCR.

The whole BCR hints  is clearly just a passive aggressive "fuck you" to Mark. Nothing more.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Olidamus said:

He isn't a good person, I've listed countless reasons to that effect, and its the tip of the iceberg. 

"Hate" is a strong word. I wouldn't say "hate". He's just an asshole. People who can't see that at this point are totally delusional and fooled.

I'd be stunned, Travis basically laughed at the notion. I give it less than 1% chance, but if it did happen, I guarantee it would be shit. Tom has already stated many times that AVA was what become of BCR.

The whole BCR hints  is clearly just a passive aggressive "fuck you" to Mark. Nothing more.

It sounds like Tom did something pretty bad to you, like fucking your girlfriend or killing your dog.

If he releases something I don´t care about and think it´s shit --> I don´t care about. But I can still enjoy and appreciate the stuff he did in the past while being a major part of my most favorite band.

14 minutes ago, Olidamus said:

He keeps liking and responding to allusions to BCR by Tom, that coupled with his own admission that he keeps in contact with Tom and Tom's sudden enthusiasm for BCR all kind of indicate to me that new BCR could certainly happen.  And in the event that Travis isn't down for it when push comes to shove, I could still see Tom going through with releasing new music under BCR without Travis as the drummer.  Yeah, he said that AAA was the continuation of BCR, but Tom loves and wants money, releasing new music under BCR at this point even without Travis would probably be more financially viable than continuing to release new AAA music.  I also think Tom wants to do BCR as some sort of misguided attempt to get back into blink, not so much a "fuck you" to Mark.

• Like 1