The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

26 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

Mark hates Tom, maybe Travis doesn't? maybe he even still quite likes him. Maybe he saw the full blink picture and despite common belief the way it all fell apart again wasn't completely Tom's fault? who knows. 

Does everyone have to constantly tread on eggshells at the risk of upsetting the insecure control freak Mark Hoppus? he's got some shitty issues that he needs to deal with himself. 

Hopefully they do it and it does upset him, might help him write some better music. 

I know right. If Mark was smart he'd let Travis do his thing with Tom and that would bridge the gap so they can get back together (which is what I think everybody wants). This way, his ego won't be hurt when Tom rejoins the band. It's still his band according to him, mark doesn't dispute this.

Its not about a "middle ground". Tom is an asshole. If you still think he's great, you are a tombot.

Mark doesn't dispute Tom rantings because he is better than that. He takes the high road. Mark said that  there were "getting a divorce from Tom" .

Tom fucked up and got shit canned from the only thing that made him great. Now he is just washed up and only in his mind and the mind of tombots does he still actually have a career or some type of control over Blink. He has none, and I think Mark's silence says it all. Tom isn't even worth addressing at this point.

6 minutes ago, Olidamus said:

Its not about a "middle ground". Tom is an asshole. If you still think he's great, you are a tombot.

Mark doesn't dispute Tom rantings because he is better than that. He takes the high road. Mark said that  there were "getting a divorce from Tom" .

Tom fucked up and got shit canned from the only thing that made him great. Now he is just washed up and only in his mind and the mind of tombots does he still actually have a career or some type of control over Blink. He has none, and I think Mark's silence says it all. Tom isn't even worth addressing at this point.

He said they were getting a divorce, that might of changed. Tom's lawyers are probably better at explaining it than me.

I love how the Tombots think that Travis awkwardly responding to Tom on twitter signifies the guaranteed return of BCR...

Travis is responding to him in a way one would respond to an unstable pest that you needed to pacify for damage control purposes.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

Maybe, but nobody here says shit like that! Haha

This sentence was literally just typed this morning:

"Does everyone have to constantly tread on eggshells at the risk of upsetting the insecure control freak Mark Hoppus? he's got some shitty issues that he needs to deal with himself."

It doesn't get any more Tombot than that.

Defending California is definitely Markbot. I'd say treating Tom's demo tracks like the California gang praises California would be the Tombot equivalent. 

How is Tom an asshole? I don't find the guy that interesting tbh. The whole thing just seems sad. At least John Feldmann isn't writing his songs. 

59 minutes ago, _Kyle_ said:

He said they were getting a divorce, that might of changed. Tom's lawyers are probably better at explaining it than me.

We have no clue the situation. But I bet Tom got bought out of Blink.

No way a label would fund an album or a tour if Tom could waltz in and put a stop to it, or sue the shit out of them every time they went onstage. There is no question an agreement with $$$$ attached was drawn up for Tom to sign which gave Blink the right to continue as an entity that is not under his control. Whether it was a full buy out is questionable, but I imagine Tom's control of Blink stops at him owning some shares in the entity or getting royalities etc.

No way he has any control. Totally impossible.

43 minutes ago, Olidamus said:

Yeah I agree, any time Tom was mentioned in interviews Travis would usually take the question, or Mark would refer to him as "our former guitarist"... IMO Mark doesn't even want to give him the time of day and wants him to stay as far away as possible. Blink continuing without Tom is a massive "FUCK YOU TOM!" from Mark to begin with, and the fact that they are successful I guarantee Mark is smiling on the inside. Ignoring people and remaining silent is often the best way to deal with these situations... if you break up with someone and they don't talk to you ever again--they don't want you, need you, or care about you. If you're the one texting them or talking about them all the time (Tom in this situation) then you are really the one hurting...

Tom's blabs on social media saying "I made Blink, it's MY band. I can join WHENEVER"...all while Mark actually records a Blink album, tours with Blink, and smiles doing it. Who has the upper hand here? Gee, probably the person who is happy and IN the band...not the one spewing bullshit on Twitter.

The BCR shit is just a publicity stunt IMO, the Blink comments started dying down on his posts (or he blocked them all) and people started bringing up BCR and he magically remembered he wrote a good album and started using it to get attention again, and it also was an easy way to mention Travis.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, ryan1125 said:

Yeah I agree, any time Tom was mentioned in interviews Travis would usually take the question, or Mark would refer to him as "our former guitarist"... IMO Mark doesn't even want to give him the time of day and wants him to stay as far away as possible. Blink continuing without Tom is a massive "FUCK YOU TOM!" from Mark to begin with, and the fact that they are successful I guarantee Mark is smiling on the inside. Ignoring people and remaining silent is often the best way to deal with these situations... if you break up with someone and they don't talk to you ever again--they don't want you, need you, or care about you. If you're the one texting them or talking about them all the time (Tom in this situation) then you are really the one hurting...

Tom's blabs on social media saying "I made Blink, it's MY band. I can join WHENEVER"...all while Mark actually records a Blink album, tours with Blink, and smiles doing it. Who has the upper hand here? Gee, probably the person who is happy and IN the band...not the one spewing bullshit on Twitter.

The BCR shit is just a publicity stunt IMO, the Blink comments started dying down on his posts (or he blocked them all) and people started bringing up BCR and he magically remembered he wrote a good album and started using it to get attention again, and it also was an easy way to mention Travis.

Guess Tom wins that one though, as not even Skiba, Feldmann or their massive songwriting team could match anything Tom ever wrote with them. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, ryan1125 said:

Exactly!

17 minutes ago, thongrider said:

Guess Tom wins that one though, as not even Skiba, Feldmann or their massive songwriting team could match anything Tom ever wrote with them. 

If you consider "winning" sitting at home being scared that you are going to be assassinated as you pay a 3rd grade teacher to write a Poet book idea you came up with, as you hustle T-shirts and lapel pins...

...while those guys go go out and play live music to tons of fans and continue getting paid millions.

• Like 1

lol, sounds like Tom has it figured out. Let the failedmann factory make the record and reap the benefits while you work on your passion projects. Then get the great Matt Skiba to keep your name out there only to return and show them what's what....

it's brilliant actually

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, _Kyle_ said:

lol, sounds like Tom has it figured out. Let the failedmann factory make the record and reap the benefits while you work on your passion projects. Then get the great Matt Skiba to keep your name out there only to return and show them what's what....

it's brilliant actually

Tom won't be back.

And I doubt his buyout/royalty deal is anything close to the money he made while in the band. It couldn't be and I imagine it isn't enough to support his high cost miserable failures that he constantly creates.

"Oh lets spend $3 million on a film no one has shown any interest in, because I am Tom Delonge, and I am great. It going to change the world I tell ya!!!"

:::::::Film makes $120K and flops:::::::

"Oh well, anyway, enough about that project, onto the next one"

Amazing business acumen if I understand it correctly.

• Like 1

Just now, Olidamus said:

Tom won't be back.

And I doubt his buyout/royalty deal is anything close to the money he made while in the band. It couldn't be and I imagine it isn't enough to support his high cost miserable failures that he constantly creates.

"Oh lets spend $3 million on a film no one has shown any interest in, because I am Tom Delonge, and I am great. It going to change the world I tell ya!!!"

:::::::Film makes $120K and flops:::::::

"Oh well, anyway, enough about that project, onto the next one"

Amazing business acumen if I understand it correctly.

Not all great artists are great businessmen. But I will tell you this;

he's made more money than you and I.

So let the bitter sleeping dogs lie.

don't worry, tom's gonna come back

in the meantime, enjoy this Box Car Racer snack

soon you'll be amazed and joyous too

when we see our tom rejoin blink 182

yeahhhhhhhh

• Like 8

Honestly one redeeming quality about Tom I will always love him for us that he will recklessly blow tons of money on whatever passion he has with no regrets.  How many people are willing to do that. Idc if you think it's stupid or makes him a shitty business man, I respect someone who just does whatever has passionate about first.

25 minutes ago, _Kyle_ said:

Not all great artists are great businessmen. But I will tell you this;

he's made more money than you and I.

So let the bitter sleeping dogs lie.

don't worry, tom's gonna come back

in the meantime, enjoy this Box Car Racer snack

soon you'll be amazed and joyous too

when we see our tom rejoin blink 182

yeahhhhhhhh

LOL