The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

On 7/5/2017 at 11:11 PM, Cheerios4u98 said:

I'm like 99.99999% sure Tom's post had nothing to do with Mark or blink-182.

Just like how his tweet about the "ocean blue" came out the day California leaked and he heard San Diego.

I say it was definitely a reference to Mark's tweet. Too much of a coincidence.

14 minutes ago, _Kyle_ said:

seems strange to care that much but still not enough to be in the band...

I still think Tom doesn't care about the actual band and their music (not like he used to anyway), but he misses the fame, money, and the spotlight.  

1 minute ago, M!ke said:

I think still Tom doesn't care about the actual band and their music (not like he used to anyway), but he misses the fame, money, and the spotlight.  

so that means following Mark's every tweet and the band's music? I don't get why he would considering he couldn't' be bothered to record with them. Seems at odds with that.

1 minute ago, _Kyle_ said:

so that means following Mark's every tweet and the band's music? I don't get why he would considering he couldn't' be bothered to record with them. Seems at odds with that.

At this point, yeah pretty much.  He's looking at what he's not a part of anymore and longing for all the things that life got for him that he doesn't get anymore.  At least that's how I interpret it, makes a lot of sense to me.

• Like 1

Just now, M!ke said:

At this point, yeah pretty much.  He's looking at what he's not a part of anymore and longing for all the things that life got for him that he doesn't get anymore.  At least that's how I interpret it, makes a lot of sense to me.

But how? He's literally in the position to come back and get the "fame, fortune, etc", all of it. What's stopping him? Why weirdly indirectly continue referencing it if you really want it?

23 minutes ago, _Kyle_ said:

But how? He's literally in the position to come back and get the "fame, fortune, etc", all of it. What's stopping him? Why weirdly indirectly continue referencing it if you really want it?

Then it would appear he did it just for the fame and fortune. I think Tom likes to be seen as more of an intellectual nowadays.

1 hour ago, _Kyle_ said:

... Mark and Travis are stopping him.  Tom's assertion that he can just jump back into blink without that being an issue is just so out of touch with reality.  Even if he technically could (which I really doubt), Mark and Travis would just not play with him, they're not required to be in the band, and they clearly don't want to work with or put up with Tom and his nonsense anymore at least in regard to making music in blink.

2 minutes ago, M!ke said:

... Mark and Travis are stopping him.  Tom's assertion that he can just jump back into blink without that being an issue is so out of touch with reality.  Even if he technically could (which I really doubt), Mark and Travis would just not play with him, they're not required to be in the band, and they clearly don't want to work with or put up with Tom and his nonsense anymore at least in regard to making music in blink.

Uh, I'll take Tom's word over yours, no offense Mike. He could easily play ball, get an album out, tour, and make 10-Million easy in a year. Get all that fame and fortune that somehow keeps him that hungry that he has to follow everything Mark tweets and blink does, but can never outright acknowledge. It wouldn't be hard.

I swear that's about as likely to happen as Tom is desperately watching Mark's every tweet, writing cryptic reactionary tweets.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, _Kyle_ said:

Uh, I'll take Tom's word over yours, no offense Mike. He could easily play ball, get an album out, tour, and make 10-Million easy in a year. Get all that fame and fortune that somehow keeps him that hungry that he has to follow everything Mark tweets and blink does, but can never outright acknowledge. It wouldn't be hard.

I swear that's about as likely to happen as Tom is desperately watching Mark's every tweet, writing cryptic reactionary tweets.

The creepy ones are the people who link everything Tom does to something blink related.

Literally obsessed, love new blink supposedly but can't let go of the past, very strange. 

• Like 2

Tom doesn't follow Mark or Travis or even Blink-182 on Twitter or Instagram so I doubt it's in reference to any of their posts IMO. BUT, if it was...he probably wanted people to tag Mark in it which is such a pathetic way to try and get Mark's attention if that is the case. IMO that is giving Tom too much credit , I don't think he's smart enough to do that on social media. Although he is a little bitch when it comes to @ mentioning Mark, he'll do it to Travis but never Mark.

@_Kyle_ they have said they are in the process of a "Legal Divorce", that does not mean someone can just come back at any time... Mark even flat out said that yes, legally he's apart of the Blink-182 corporation currently as lawyers work it out, but he is not apart of the band that is Blink-182 and hasn't been for 2+ years. It's like you divorced your crazy whore ex-wife, and got remarried 2 a beautiful sane person. Yes, the lawyers are still working to figure out how much of your retirement fund and alimony the ex gets, but she certainly can't just walk in your house, expect you to ignore the new wife, and go in the other room for Netflix and sex. (And if she thinks she can, she's fucking crazy) You've been in the process of divorce for 2+ years... you do not like that person and want her to go away.

2 hours ago, _Kyle_ said:

seems strange to care that much but still not enough to be in the band...

Tom loves aspects of Blink, the money, the fame, the attention, the success....

But he wants to full control of the band, and wants to turn it into AVA, or worse. So he is jealous in a sense that his shit is a terrible failure and Blink continues to be successful, but he has no desire to be in "something he can't control"

Edit: Mike already said this above.

29 minutes ago, ryan1125 said:

@_Kyle_ they have said they are in the process of a "Legal Divorce", that does not mean someone can just come back at any time... Mark even flat out said that yes, legally he's apart of the Blink-182 corporation currently as lawyers work it out, but he is not apart of the band that is Blink-182 and hasn't been for 2+ years. It's like you divorced your crazy whore ex-wife, and got remarried 2 a beautiful sane person. Yes, the lawyers are still working to figure out how much of your retirement fund and alimony the ex gets, but she certainly can't just walk in your house, expect you to ignore the new wife, and go in the other room for Netflix and sex. (And if she thinks she can, she's fucking crazy) You've been in the process of divorce for 2+ years... you do not like that person and want her to go away.

That's what Mark said years ago, I dont' think that's the case anymore. It seems like Tom is forever (and ever) tethered to blink 182.

10 minutes ago, _Kyle_ said:

That's what Mark said years ago, I dont' think that's the case anymore. It seems like Tom is forever (and ever) tethered to blink 182.

The part I'm referring to is from an article 9 days ago, although after re-reading it looks like their actual quotes are from 1 year ago, but IMO the situation is likely the same:

Legally we are still finalising our deal with Tom, so I guess legally he is still a member of the corporation that is Blink-182, but that’s not really what I consider being in the band Blink-182, and he certainly has not participated in the band in any manner in almost two years or whatever it is now. So I think when people say Tom is still in Blink-182 it’s more of a legal thing.”

Here's the article: https://www.rocksound.tv/features/read/how-one-of-the-most-important-bands-in-the-history-of-rock-got-great-again

But yes, it's like the ex-wife you divorce, but she keeps your last name and you still have to give her money all the time lol

1 hour ago, _Kyle_ said:

Easily?  I doubt it.  Maybe he could beg and plead and they might take pity on him and let him back in, but even if he did, I doubt they'd take him back at this point.  They were strung along by his bullshit for too long, they wouldn't just welcome the guy back with open arms at this point.  I'm really surprised you actually believe it would be so easy for Tom to get back in the band at this point.

“It’s not like I (permanently) walked away,” he said. “They have someone doing my job for me [new guitarist Matt Skiba]. It’s just that I’m so busy. If I wanted to, I could be back (in the band) in a period of days.”
http://www.nme.com/news/music/tom-delonge-says-he-could-rejoin-blink-182-in-a-matter-of-days-2008600

The fact Matt still is still a sub, it makes sense.

3 minutes ago, _Kyle_ said:

“It’s not like I (permanently) walked away,” he said. “They have someone doing my job for me [new guitarist Matt Skiba]. It’s just that I’m so busy. If I wanted to, I could be back (in the band) in a period of days.”
http://www.nme.com/news/music/tom-delonge-says-he-could-rejoin-blink-182-in-a-matter-of-days-2008600

The fact Matt still is still a sub, it makes sense.

I mean don't you remember when he was first kicked out and he said, he didn't quit the band and everything was just a misunderstanding?   Then why didn't he get back in the band?  Cuz he was booted. He can't just come back at any time he wants, despite what he tells his twitter followers.  It sounds like he said in one email or something that he quit, and they were able to get him out of the band in a legal sense with that one email.

• Like 2