The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

13 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

Just him going on another un-funny twitter tirade.  

Mark and Tom are probably the most un-funny people on twitter.

It's crazy because I used to think both of them were hilarious when I was in elementary school and high school.

Just now, Dylan_ said:

It's crazy because I used to think both of them were hilarious when I was in elementary school and high school.

This is the reason I am fine with "no banter" at the shows, it was mostly forced cringey crap that I haven't thought was funny in 10+ years.

15 minutes ago, ryan1125 said:

This is the reason I am fine with "no banter" at the shows, it was mostly forced cringey crap that I haven't thought was funny in 10+ years.

I still found them kind of funny at live shows. Every now an then they would say some pretty funny stuff. Some of it was obliviously forced though.

It's on social media where they are embarrassing. Tom is just weird and nuts and Mark tries too hard to be funny.

41 minutes ago, Dylan_ said:

I think it's more them not you. When I watch old Blink videos/docs they still crack me up with their humor, like someone else said it wasn't forced though

• Like 1

I've said before, I'd rather they not have banter than have Matt try to force it.

There wasn't really proper banter after the reunion either. It was still funny to me, but it was mainly long drunken Tom rants that Mark had to interrupt to get the show going again. Sometimes they were hilarious, sometimes they were forced and took waaaay too long to deliver.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FightingTheGravity said:

I think it's more them not you. When I watch old Blink videos/docs they still crack me up with their humor, like someone else said it wasn't forced though

I would agree. The banter from this particular show is the best I've ever seen. Really genuine and funny.

Edit: In fact, this is my all time favorite show of theirs I've seen footage of. Setlist is solid, 8 Enema, 5 Dude Ranch, 3 Cheshire Cat plus all of the joke songs of the time and the in between is amazing. The total banter time has gotta be around a half hour

• Like 5

I think it's just age that has made them become less funny. And add all the PC stuff in too. There's no way blink are gonna say some of the shit they used to say 15-20 years ago.

They started being less funny in the 2003-2004 era too, but they still had great funny moments often. My personal favourite was the Rock Show in Japan during the bridge. Fucking insane crowd.

3 hours ago, Nosferatu said:

I think it's just age that has made them become less funny. And add all the PC stuff in too. There's no way blink are gonna say some of the shit they used to say 15-20 years ago.

They started being less funny in the 2003-2004 era too, but they still had great funny moments often. My personal favourite was the Rock Show in Japan during the bridge. Fucking insane crowd.

Hahah holy shit do I kind of miss when sagging your pants just below the butt was the thing to do.

• Like 1