The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

8 hours ago, JarJarBlinks said:

One of the most prominent members is a fake scientist and a Scientologist.  Not impressive to me at all. 

Come on, I know this shits ridiculous, but you have to give some props to Tom for getting these guys to gather and associate with him and a high level politician to be backing him/tweeting him in support.  

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Nshesaid said:

Come on, I know this shits ridiculous, but you have to give some props to Tom for getting these guys to gather and associate with him and a high level politician to be backing him/tweeting him in support.  

All of these guys are phonies who view Tom as a moron they can take advantage of and get their own personal projects funded.  

I don't think anyone here will argue that Tom isn't persistent, he is one of the most persistent people I've come across.

When someone is that persistent at anything there will be accomplishments. The sad thing is; his focus is on complete and utter waste of time bullshit.

Imagine if he put this energy into something normal. Like if he wasn't crazy, and his mind was right, and he actually focused on normal shit..............Tom might actually be as amazing as he claims to be; Blink might actually be one of the best bands on the planet right now.

It really is a sad tale.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Olidamus said:

I don't think anyone here will argue that Tom isn't persistent, he is one of the most persistent people I've come across.

When someone is that persistent at anything there will be accomplishments. The sad thing is; his focus is on complete and utter waste of time bullshit.

Imagine if he put this energy into something normal. Like if he wasn't crazy, and his mind was right, and he actually focused on normal shit..............Tom might actually be as amazing as he claims to be; Blink might actually be one of the best bands on the planet right now.

It really is a sad tale.

even if it's not about blink, if he was sane, he would be able to run succesful projects. not boring sci-fi cartoons or comics, not semi-fiction books for a niche market, not an academy to invent teleportation and telepathy. he should host his own tv show, or do his own documentary series, about anything (ufos, music, conspiracies) or everything at once. he should do only one thing to make a fortune. it could be complex, but it would still be just one definable project. the key is being normal and focused. unfortunately, poor tom is the opposite of these words.

• Like 2

Agree with you guys /\

I still think if he was more sane he could've kept doing Blink and in his down time turned this obsession into a hilarious documentary series Anthony Bourdain style, but with this stuff instead of food, where he just travels around and researches phenomena and local legends and stuff. It would've honestly come across much more legitimate that way too haha. But something is off with the guy at this point as we can all tell.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

even if it's not about blink, if he was sane, he would be able to run succesful projects. not boring sci-fi cartoons or comics, not semi-fiction books for a niche market, not an academy to invent teleportation and telepathy. he should host his own tv show, or do his own documentary series, about anything (ufos, music, conspiracies) or everything at once. he should do only one thing to make a fortune. it could be complex, but it would still be just one definable project. the key is being normal and focused. unfortunately, poor tom is the opposite of these words.

If my memory serves correct, both his parents were successful business owners.  I think I remember him saying that in the Blinkumentaries they ran some corporate type business.

5 hours ago, Olidamus said:

It really is a sad tale.

As frequent posters on a board that hoists silly arguments everyday, I think we all can relate to that a little bit.. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, cowboysguitars said:

Anyone who thinks what Tom is pushing is legit, is a fucking idiot.  Simple as that.  Fuck Tom

Agreed! Some of his dumbass fans try to argue he's the next big genius... puhlease... when Einstein was around information wasn't so readily available. Now we all know what the fuck is going on with our world. Tom is fucking retarded.

Same old story since 2006. Since then, Tom's things to do, to save or to make revolutionary list was:

- A rock'n'roll revolution with AvA and the first album, specially.

- A music industry revolution with the creation of Modlife.

- A revolutionary way for artists to interact with fans through Modlife.

- A revolutionary collaboration with NASA (what was that, where it ended?)

- A 'transmedia' experience with all the Poet thing, trying to create a kind of franchise from scratch. A thing that would include, of course, books, comics, short movies and long ones, aside of OSTs and all. Do you remember that? Neither him, the shit just got diluded through the years.

Now this.

And on, and on, and on... The only mistery to me is: from where in the hell he gets the money?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vic vinegar said:

He gets the $$$ from the corpse that is blink-182.

Sure, but does that amount make the proper cut to pay all the amount of stuff he moves? Honestly asking. I mean... the guys that embarked on the academy thing, those are paid ones, for sure. I don't think they swallow any word that Tom says. That's what I find fascinating. I don't know how much money do you need to move that -never got into that kind of shit or market, so to say-, so maybe is less than I think, but still. It's like Oli says: endless money loss.

If blink salary is providing the money, then blink is an amazing holy cow.

5 hours ago, Ghost said:

Same old story since 2006. Since then, Tom's things to do, to save or to make revolutionary list was:

- A rock'n'roll revolution with AvA and the first album, specially.

- A music industry revolution with the creation of Modlife.

- A revolutionary way for artists to interact with fans through Modlife.

- A revolutionary collaboration with NASA (what was that, where it ended?)

- A 'transmedia' experience with all the Poet thing, trying to create a kind of franchise from scratch. A thing that would include, of course, books, comics, short movies and long ones, aside of OSTs and all. Do you remember that? Neither him, the shit just got diluded through the years.

Now this.

And on, and on, and on... The only mistery to me is: from where in the hell he gets the money?

Don’t forget that he said Poet would be on the same level as marvel lol

• Haha 1

with this level of money and ambition a healthy mind could do some real good projects. but somehow tom chooses the most unlovable/boring topics, or even if something's interesting, his company have a strategy to make it obnoxious.

the funny thing is, blink-182 (and bcr) was tom's only project that worked, people loved it, people thought it was something special and revolutionary. yet it is the project he described as "childish". and he thought there was more potential in a 8-minute piece of shit animation than in blink.

i'm not saying he should do blink again, he shouldn't. but if he was normal, he should do something that is as lovable/good as blink... but he's insane and spends years planning on projects that appeals only 0.01% of the population (maximum 1 million people worldwide), and he expects the same level of positive feedbacks what he got with blink (100+ million).

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Ghost said:

Sure, but does that amount make the proper cut to pay all the amount of stuff he moves? Honestly asking. I mean... the guys that embarked on the academy thing, those are paid ones, for sure. I don't think they swallow any word that Tom says. That's what I find fascinating. I don't know how much money do you need to move that -never got into that kind of shit or market, so to say-, so maybe is less than I think, but still. It's like Oli says: endless money loss.

If blink salary is providing the money, then blink is an amazing holy cow.

This is the million dollar question. How big are the paychecks Tom is collecting from blink? My grocery store sells the Enema CD in the bargain bin for $5. Even if they sold thousands of those a week, which I doubt, that's not a ton of $ in comparison to how much musicians used to make. Certainly not enough to support Tom's hobbies, crazy or otherwise. But if you add in the streaming revenue and all that bullshit...and I'm just hypothesizing here, but if Tom gets a chunk of the tour $, he's probably doing ok to get some of these companies upstarted. Again, none of us have any real idea. Pretty sure I'm just restating what others have said on here before. It just depends what Mark agreed to in order to get him off Cali.