The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

It won't. Its a scam.

This is about as good as its gets. A headline from a washout that there was a government program about aliens.

Where else can you take it from there? Unless Tom gets a sudden influx of money, and somehow can build alien spacecraft, and make contact with them, this is just a whole lot of nothing.

Only the tin foils care about countless potential videos of flying objects. Can Tom translate that into an interview with an actual alien? Only then will I take it seriously.

4 minutes ago, Olidamus said:

https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/306267

Latest interview with him, I just find it hilarious how egotistical he is about being a good entrepreneur. He sucks. Everything he's ever done is off the back of Blink 182, and everything else is a complete and utter failure.

"This interview has been edited for length and clarity."   lol

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Olidamus said:

https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/306267

Latest interview with him, I just find it hilarious how egotistical he is about being a good entrepreneur. He sucks. Everything he's ever done is off the back of Blink 182, and everything else is a complete and utter failure.

Love this lol:

"I love music, and I'll always do it, but I like a lot of other things as well. I like being independent, in control of my own world and having options to create art at any time, whether it's a film or it's an album or it's a really cool product. I like that freedom."

Aka he likes being in complete control, yet only working when he feels like it. (Even when it's once every 5-6 years lol). Props to living your life that way I suppose, but it's impossible to work with others with that mindset.

• Like 4

"the easiest thing is for people to poke fun and make jokes. You have people coming at you and telling you all the reasons why it can't work, but if you can stay the course and if you can be there as the last man standing, everyone will turn around and say, "We're sorry we doubted you." That's the spirit of an entrepreneur. These types of people get much further, but there's a risk: you've got to put yourself out there."

- Tom Delonge

I think people should really listen to what he's saying. Take some advice from the guy who made this all possible.

He is correct in theory.

But the missing piece of the puzzle is, you have to put your efforts towards something that is actually viable. Tom's company is not viable. Taking the same quote, I could put all my efforts into trying to make a flying car/time machine that shoots lasers.

I could work and work and work and work and spend and spend and spend and spend.

But in the end, it would be a complete failure. No matter what I did.

That is what we got here.

I will give props to Tom for luring some government dude away from a alien project and getting him to join his team. I will admit Tom works hard. But the end result is complete and utter failure. Just wait and watch Kyle.

• Like 1

I would love to have the option to short Tom's stock. Follow me now.

I'd borrow 100,000 shares from Tom and sell them to idiots at $2 a share. Giving me $50K with 100,000 shares owed back to Tom.

Then when the stock price fell to 2 cents a share, I'd repurchase the 100,000 shares at 2 cents a share for $2,000. Give those share back to Tom.

I would then pocket $48,000 in profit.

Think I'll message them and see if this is an option!!!!!!

34 minutes ago, Olidamus said:

I will give props to Tom for luring some government dude away from a alien project and getting him to join his team. I will admit Tom works hard. But the end result is complete and utter failure. Just wait and watch Kyle.

Maybe, but he can't do this with any uncertainty. He has to put on his "this is working, this will working" face and try. Odds are if even Tom had a great idea, and it could work, there's always risk and odds. It's never a sure thing.

1 hour ago, _Kyle_ said:

"the easiest thing is for people to poke fun and make jokes. You have people coming at you and telling you all the reasons why it can't work, but if you can stay the course and if you can be there as the last man standing, everyone will turn around and say, "We're sorry we doubted you." That's the spirit of an entrepreneur. These types of people get much further, but there's a risk: you've got to put yourself out there."

- Tom Delonge

I think people should really listen to what he's saying. Take some advice from the guy who made this all possible.

For every one successful entrepreneur, there's a good 100 or more failed ones (probably way more lets be honest).

He lucked out with a band, got super famous, and now has the actual capital and platform to 'put himself out there' that doesn't given any validity to the work he's doing, he's in an easy position to do it.

Just because he's rich and famous and talented in one area doesn't mean he's capable of being a great business man or bring on a new age of technology or go hang out with aliens. He is at best an enthusiastic kid with a bag of money. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Kay said:

For every one successful entrepreneur, there's a good 100 or more failed ones (probably way more lets be honest).

He lucked out with a band, got super famous, and now has the actual capital and platform to 'put himself out there' that doesn't given any validity to the work he's doing, he's in an easy position to do it.

Just because he's rich and famous and talented in one area doesn't mean he's capable of being a great business man or bring on a new age of technology or go hang out with aliens. He is at best an enthusiastic kid with a bag of money. 

Yes! This is so true.

He reminds me of a friend I have who comes from a rich family, thinks he is this amazing talented entrepreneur, but when you stripe it all away its about 90% in his head. I don't think he actually makes any money doing anything. Its all his parents money that he lives off of.

But like Tom, he did actually get an interview with some CEO and got his name in an article that he was an "up and coming". That was 10 years ago now. He's still in the same spot.

A lot of people with money, can bullshit you into thinking they are these amazing entrepreneurs.

Its really code for UNEMPLOYMENT. The entire sentence about Tom having the freedom to be an artist, is unemployment code 101.