The Tom Delonge Thread

2 hours ago, Speedo said:

Tom is more than capable of writing great songs if he'd just lose the effects. He always excelled at writing great stripped down songs, I don't think he's lost that talent, I just think he's just caught up in bullshit.

Anyone who's followed his social medias has gotten to hear some serious gems this past year even.  He still has it in his writing, he's just very stubborn in his visions, experimenting, and such.  He still has a unique writing ability that sounds as good as it did in 05.

• Replies 18k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ghent

• Cavalier Jan

• Donald Trump's Bulge

• Speedo

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What people think Boxcar Racer would be like           What it would actually be like  

The only way Tom should be allowed back in the band is if he climbs that same street light to impress Mark this time.   *broken ankles are optional.

Posted Images

the first one is meh, the second one starts off like one of the bits he was messing around with years ago, and the latter half of it is just kind of a mess. I wouldn't call either of those gems. 

3 hours ago, Kay said:

the first one is meh, the second one starts off like one of the bits he was messing around with years ago, and the latter half of it is just kind of a mess. I wouldn't call either of those gems. 

The second one he played on the doorsteps, wearing a yellow shirt, during recording of selftitled. Cant bother finding the vid 

4 hours ago, Kay said:

If they were fleshed out they would be.  None of self titled sounded that great while he was fiddling around.

That Nibble Nibble song is great, ive always loved it and I agree with Ghent that Tom sounds great in it. Its such a fucking creepy song though. 

How the hell did that guy get Mark in his song? It sounds so amateurish until Mark comes in. Mark sounds great in it though. Also why is there a tv above the elevator with the feed for the camera in the elevator. Seems weird. 

Both those clips Jan posted were not great. I remember him or Jen posting some good ones recently though. 

2 hours ago, knapton said:

That Nibble Nibble song is great, ive always loved it and I agree with Ghent that Tom sounds great in it. Its such a fucking creepy song though. 

How the hell did that guy get Mark in his song? It sounds so amateurish until Mark comes in. Mark sounds great in it though. Also why is there a tv above the elevator with the feed for the camera in the elevator. Seems weird. 

Both those clips Jan posted were not great. I remember him or Jen posting some good ones recently though. 

TBF they do this in Japan in order to prevent pervy shit from happening. The feed is in the elevator as well as outside the entrance(s) to the elevators so that women don't have to feel worried about being in an elevator alone. 

On 2018. 03. 07. at 1:56 PM, Reginald said:

The second one he played on the doorsteps, wearing a yellow shirt, during recording of selftitled. Cant bother finding the vid 

i guess that riff was written by mark, anyway. he starts playing it in a cheetah video. then tom joins but he's like hearing it for the first time.

edit: my bad, that was the other unreleased riff

• 2 weeks later...

He’s been claiming AVA is gonna release a punk album since literally 2008

I’d like to hear some good music out of him, but I just don’t think it’s possible without someone there to tell him “no that’s stupid.”

Tom by himself and/or surrounded by yes men has proven to result in mediocre music

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Ghent said:

He’s been claiming AVA is gonna release a punk album since literally 2008

I’d like to hear some good music out of him, but I just don’t think it’s possible without someone there to tell him “no that’s stupid.”

Tom by himself and/or surrounded by yes men has proven to result in mediocre music

so has blink with feldman

horrific edit for that image, yikes.

I love how he's making a fuss announcing it because the script has finished - 'we expect the film to go into pre-production this year' isn't 'the film will go into pre-production' which means they're probably either shy of funding for it, or still waiting for confirmation for funding for it, which will most likely not come to fruition. 

is TTSA funding still happening or did it dead-stall like we all assumed?

so it got to 2mil after around a month, and in the 3 or 4 months thats followed it's barely gone up by 500k? 

while the 50mil target is still hilarious, it's horrifying that people were dumb enough to invest 2mil. 

• Like 1