• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ghent

• Cavalier Jan

• Donald Trump's Bulge

• Speedo

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What people think Boxcar Racer would be like           What it would actually be like  

The only way Tom should be allowed back in the band is if he climbs that same street light to impress Mark this time.   *broken ankles are optional.

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Cat_Lover182 said:

I'm a Tom fan but there's a difference between taking advantage of idiots in business and taking advantage of youngings.

I mean at least sell the idiots something if you're going to scam them

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, Ghent said:

I mean at least sell the idiots something if you're going to scam them

I agree with this, in Tom's bizarre brain I don't think he's intentionally scamming people or anything, but there should have absolutely been some sort of merch that came with different levels of donations or something that said "you will get reimbursed if this project doesn't produce any new findings/films/cartoons/documentaries by 2020" or whatever. People blindly giving their money for this vague idea and getting nothing in return is at least gonna make people reallyyy suspicious.

• Like 1

I don't get how he's swindling anybody. Like, nobody is under the impression they're getting anything right? It's donations. You invest in them doing something with your money.

Are they expecting anything in return?

in·vest

verb

1. expend money with the expectation of achieving a profit or material result by putting it into financial schemes, shares, or property, or by using it to develop a commercial venture.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public-benefit_corporation

More broadly, a public-benefit corporation could be any corporation that exists for a charitable purpose, though these are generally called non-profit corporations if they are not founded by a government. Some jurisdictions (the U.S. State of Maine, for instance) might define a public-benefit corporation broadly. In California, public-benefit corporations are one of several types of non-profit corporations.

according to their website, they are a PBC. You invest in their mission, and they presumably act out their mission, and thus the public benefits. Nobody is thinking they are getting anything back. I never heard of anybody saying they're getting anything back.

Just now, _Kyle_ said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public-benefit_corporation

according to their website, they are a PBC. You invest in their mission, and they presumably act out their mission, and thus the public benefits. Nobody is thinking they are getting anything back. I never heard of anybody saying they're getting anything back.

you might want to read you linked

Public-benefit corporations are a specific type of corporation that allow for public benefit to be a charter purpose in addition to the traditional corporate goal of maximizing profit for shareholders.

He is.

More broadly, a public-benefit corporation could be any corporation that exists for a charitable purpose, though these are generally called non-profit corporations if they are not founded by a government. Some jurisdictions (the U.S. State of Maine, for instance) might define a public-benefit corporation broadly. In California, public-benefit corporations are one of several types of non-profit corporations.

That's what I was referring to in "Other Definitions".

I still don't see where people are being swindled or saying they expect anything. Are they sitting at home waiting for Tom to show up with a space craft of some sort?

This seems pretty clear and open.