The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

22 minutes ago, horchata said:

It's sad, but I'm sure the "tour" or "album" will somehow involve asking for investments for TTS.

I'm sure the preorders for new AVA release will include a $200 donation to TTS or something crooked.

51 minutes ago, Since88 said:

Who cares if it means that we get a comeback album. It's been 7 years!

Ava is just Tom's song writing. We had an AVA album in 2014, pipe down.

Just now, Since88 said:

Yes sweetie, I know that. But it’s also a fact that it’s been 7 years since AVA released an album as a band with David and Matt. So..

Yeah but neither have any actual impact on the music itself. You know that.

And please, stop calling me sweetie when we disagree. It makes you sound like a condescending sexist twat. I know you only do it to rile me up but as a tip, women in general hate that - if you ever want to get laid in the future I'd drop that bullshit.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Kay said:

And please, stop calling me sweetie when we disagree. It makes you sound like a condescending sexist twat. I know you only do it to rile me up but as a tip, women in general hate that - if you ever want to get laid in the future I'd drop that bullshit.

Of course they have impact!

matt was responsible for all the modular synth work on the love albums. they definately had a lot of impact on the love albums...

dream walker is still the best ava album so i dont really care if matt and david are onboard.

i dont't think itd gonna happen anyway.

tom should just shut his mouth about stuff, record the actual record. and when its done start anouncing it. 

promoting a record thats not even written, that is shit teenage bands starting out do

11 hours ago, Kay said:

David wrote All That We Are apart from the solo.

Also don’t you call people sweetie or honey when you’re trying to make a point? It’s one of those words along those lines.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, NotNow said:

David wrote All That We Are apart from the solo.

Also don’t you call people sweetie or honey when you’re trying to make a point? It’s one of those words along those lines.

He only uses it at me when we're arguing, he's using it specifically to undermine me. I use it both positively and negatively in any manner of situations and variety of people, it's not the same. 

Also, if that's the shining example of David's input I'm really not sure why anyones jumping up and down - that song is bloody awful. 

It just seems that their input was incredibly minimal, I'm not exactly sure why everyones getting offended - were ya'll secret giant AVA fans during all this Tom bashing? The only AVA members input I ever rated was Atom's, because he's a solid drummer. the majority of AVA just sounds like Tom doing what Tom does. 

• Like 2

i always enjoyed ava, yes. Prefer the Tom/Rubin stuff by a mile though..

Not getting offended, just correcting your claim they had no input to the music. it was rather small, yes. but no way tom delonge knows how to operate a modular synth

all good

1 hour ago, Champ182 said:

I have no idea who came and went in AVA throughout the years, I've always understood it to be Tom + backing musicians. But then again I think I've only ever heard 2.5 of their albums or so, so I can't really be much help here I guess haha.

It's mostly Tom, yes, but I feel like the earlier releases were so much better because they did have some semblance of a normal functioning band.

The more independent Tom is allowed to be, the worse the music imo

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Ghent said:

It's mostly Tom, yes, but I feel like the earlier releases were so much better because they did have some semblance of a normal functioning band.

The more independent Tom is allowed to be, the worse the music imo

Yeah and half his tracks were writings from Blink.  Distraction? It hurts?

I think it's pretty safe to say Mark and Tom balance eachother out a bit.  That contrast was a pretty big part of the formula.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Speedo's Edge said:

Yeah and half his tracks were writings from Blink.  Distraction? It hurts?

I think it's pretty safe to say Mark and Tom balance eachother out a bit.  That contrast was a pretty big part of the formula.

I believe they were It Hurts and The War.

I think another reason why the earlier AvA albums were better was because Tom was still in his prime at that point. 2010-2012 is when he began slipping - his voice starting going, his lyrics started becoming lame, his guitar riffs weren't that great, etc.

• Like 1