The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

54 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Tom was probably the best in terms of how to drive blink musically speaking.

WAS.

LONG AGO.

I'm not sure how will translate an hipotetical Tom's return, to be fair.

I still think Tom is the best in how to drive the band from a musical point, but his problems are more towards other issues. He's just not committed to blink the way he was. He's shown what he's capable of when he's half assing it in songs like Ghost on the Dance Floor & Wishing Well. Amazing songs despite his half assed efforts. He was even better on the DED EP but he put effort into that.

Even on the recent AVA songs, he shows his qualities, although his lyrics are a bit shitty. Songs like Mercenaries, Chasing Shadows, Overload, Suburban Kings, Animals, Circle Jerk Pit would make amazing songs with Mark & Travis input. That's the problem with Tom. He needs their input. Well a few of them songs are already amazing from a musical standpoint anyway I think haha. Tom needs their input but Mark needs someone to drive the band, and that's not Skiba, who is just too humble to take control of blink. Instead, he's got Feldman who has just as much ego as Tom. Mark needs a guy full of ego and confidence and Feldman is that guy currently, although the music has suffered as a result IMO. If Tom was committed, I don't think the music would suffer at all. Mark & Travis were always meant to keep him down to earth.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ry-Bread said:

Tom is in Sun Valley, Idaho. Mark is in Sun Valley, Idaho. Hope they awkwardly run into each other at the ski resort urinal.

how pathetic is it that they won't just have a beer? even if i was on weird terms with one of my oldest friends, i'd get a beer with him if we happened to be in the same small ass town at the same time and bury the hatchet 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kevin. said:

how pathetic is it that they won't just have a beer? even if i was on weird terms with one of my oldest friends, i'd get a beer with him if we happened to be in the same small ass town at the same time and bury the hatchet 

I wouldn't.

I sometimes stop at a Barnes and Noble that is literally right across the street from where my Ex works. I see her car in the parking lot. Fuck her. No thanks. If I saw her, I'd hide my face.

4 minutes ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

I wouldn't.

I sometimes stop at a Barnes and Noble that is literally right across the street from where my Ex works. I see her car in the parking lot. Fuck her. No thanks. If I saw her, I'd hide my face.

i'm talking about a friend not a female i used to fuck. i distance myself from ex girlfriends as well.

1 hour ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

My best friend for 8 years, the one that got me into Blink 182. Like brothers with that guy.......haven't seen him since 2006. Wow. If I saw him walk by me, I wouldn't even say hi. That cock smoker!!!

Too much wine tonight.

You need to see a doctor dude.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Smalls said:

You need to see a doctor dude.

I don't think so.

I don't think you ever fully get over stuff like that, especially if you are friends with someone for 8 years and for no apparent reason they just decide its not worth their effort anymore.

Its not something I sit around and think about. But meeting for a beer? LOL

People here have a conception that they should just hug and be nice the fans can get a Mark and Tom album. Relationships don't work like that.

2 hours ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

People here have a conception that they should just hug and be nice the fans can get a Mark and Tom album. Relationships don't work like that.

that's definitely not what i was getting at. their situation is extremely stupid and immature. most adults would be able to get over it at some point and meet up if they happened to be in the same obscure place at the same time. it's different than running in to one another in southern california or just randomly texting each other to make up.

nobody is suggesting that they should become best friends and create an album together just because they're on vacation.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Kevin. said:

that's definitely not what i was getting at. their situation is extremely stupid and immature. most adults would be able to get over it at some point and meet up if they happened to be in the same obscure place at the same time. it's different than running in to one another in southern california or just randomly texting each other to make up.

nobody is suggesting that they should become best friends and create an album together just because they're on vacation.

You seriously think that what Tom did to Mark is no big deal? Something that could be hashed out over a beer?

Mark's entire life and career was altered by Tom's decisions.

LOL