The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

8 minutes ago, Ghent said:

lol umm humanism and capitalism are real.

A made up story about aliens controlling the government is not.

In fact they are not. Money hasn't real value. Its paper and digits stored on computers. Money only exists as long as the majority of people believe that it has value.

Capitalism only exists as long as we believe in a brighter future. 

I agree he sounds/looks good, and def didnt seem overboard crazy. Im glad he's in good spirits.

1 more detail for the summery.... his goal is to build AVA up to arena sized shows, hopefully for next summer. Also, the video elements of the live show will incorporate all elements of TTS (animation character/ufo footage/ etc.). It wasnt clear if he meant for his arena show idea, or whether we'd be seeing this on small scale for the upcoming club dates

2 minutes ago, Marik said:

1 more detail for the summery.... his goal is to build AVA up to arena sized shows, hopefully for next summer. Also, the video elements of the live show will incorporate all elements of TTS (animation character/ufo footage/ etc.). It wasnt clear if he meant for his arena show idea, or whether we'd be seeing this on small scale for the upcoming club dates

This won't help clarify what he meant. But didn't AvA play arena shows back in 2008ish? Is it common for bands to have to re-build up to arena-sized shows?

27 minutes ago, Neal said:

In fact they are not. Money hasn't real value. Its paper and digits stored on computers. Money only exists as long as the majority of people believe that it has value.

Capitalism only exists as long as we believe in a brighter future. 

Ok? That's your best defense of Tom's lunacy?

Tom definitely didn't seem one bit relaxed but rather stressed out, as if he's been moving from trailer to trailer and sleeping under bridges trying to evade government agents.

It just never changes with this guy. Nothing has changed and yet he's convinced he's been proven right because of the "revelation" that the Pentagon had some guy in a basement office taking notes of UFO sightings.

And what's with the Ford cap? A subtle hint that he's anti-Semitic?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, MSandt said:

Tom definitely didn't seem one bit relaxed but rather stressed out, as if he's been moving from trailer to trailer and sleeping under bridges trying to evade government agents.

It just never changes with this guy. Nothing has changed and yet he's convinced he's been proven right because of the "revelation" that the Pentagon had some guy in a basement office taking notes of UFO sightings.

And what's with the Ford cap? A subtle hint that he's anti-Semitic?

I was thinking about that earlier, he's so obsessed with conspiracies yet he rocks a Ford cap. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ghent said:

You compared believing in space aliens fighting in outer space for power over Earth to capitalism.

The former, no matter how ridiculous, is still a better concept than the latter. 

• Haha 1

Honestly that interview sucked. Tom was there to promote AVA and he spent forty minutes talking about the ufo stuff. I would be pissed if I was his label/Kari. The interviewer didn’t really ask once about the album, the recording process, how the last year has been in ava land, what the new album is like, what’s the plan for the release, when’s it coming. It doesn’t make sense to me for the interviewer to not ask about it in a fifty minute interview unless she was told not to bring it up.

They spent 40 minutes about the ufos, five minutes on blink, and five minutes on ava.

• Like 3

all we want to know is,

is there a new album comming out, if so went?

the rest is meanlingless rambles i just wait for people to quote the 2-3 good coments if theres any at all

i never listen to these useless interviews

the dodge one was realy good tho that video on youtube with tom was great to hear about his childhood and how he got to where he was and the inner process of all of it

i reccumnd it 10 times

There are only four possibilities the way I see it. He's insane, he's a scam artist, he tells the truth or he is the kind of idiot that has got everything wrong, but still actually stepped into some sort of secret territory.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, thongrider said:

There are only four possibilities the way I see it. He's insane, he's a scam artist, he tells the truth or he is the kind of idiot that has got everything wrong, but still actually stepped into some sort of secret territory.

This is probably the most realistic one. Hilarious but probably true.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Nosferatu said:

This is probably the most realistic one. Hilarious but probably true.

Considering he ended up exchanging emails with the Clinton campaign makes it possible..

I always thought he was trolling us most the time, kind of awkward when we realized he's dead serious

• Like 1