The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

4 hours ago, Kay said:

if I can get official blink-182 vans I'll buy 20 I don't even care. 

I mean yeah I'd be fine with that too, but this was literally just an Instagram story video where Mark shows a pair of Vans and talks about the brand a bit.

If you didn't want to see it you could click through it in less than 2 seconds and never think about it again.

4 hours ago, Neal said:

I see no problem in that vans partnership.

However if tom would do it, ghent would go nuts and say stuff like" does he live in a hotel room now? He must be out of money to do this shit. What a loser"

Actually it would be pretty cool for Tom to partner with a real brand too. No one wants to wear ugly made to order t-shirts of some weird brand that stands for ripping people off through fake space travel shit.

Isn't there a brand called Alien Workshop or something? If Tom partnered with something like that it would actually be cool. I'd buy a shirt.

6 minutes ago, Ghent said:

I mean yeah I'd be fine with that too, but this was literally just an Instagram story video where Mark shows a pair of Vans and talks about the brand a bit.

If you didn't want to see it you could click through it in less than 2 seconds and never think about it again.

I never check instagram hence not really getting it, went to check it out afterwards. I take no issue with him having a sponsorship, I just really want blink vans haha, I wear vans constantly. 

• Like 2

Makes sense for Mark to be sponsored by Vans or whatever anyway. Doesn't he wear them a lot anyway? Not sure what kinda shoes he wears but I always thought he wore skater kinda shoes ever since the 80's anyway. Plus blink were pretty much the faces of Vans Warped Tour. No different from having Fender make his bass guitars or Gibson making guitars for Tom.

Couldn't ever shit on blink for being sponsored by anything. Quick bucks to make and in a fair way unlike Tom with his invest campaign. I'd love for Adidas to sponsor me haha.

• Like 1

Just now, Nosferatu said:

Makes sense for Mark to be sponsored by Vans or whatever anyway. Doesn't he wear them a lot anyway? Not sure what kinda shoes he wears but I always thought he wore skater kinda shoes ever since the 80's anyway. Plus blink were pretty much the faces of Vans Warped Tour. No different from having Fender make his bass guitars or Gibson making guitars for Tom.

Couldn't ever shit on blink for being sponsored by anything. Quick bucks to make and in a fair way unlike Tom with his invest campaign. I'd love for Adidas to sponsor me haha.

if it was something completely off the wall and soulless I'd take issue but something like Vans? nah. 

• Like 1

I mean I get people get sponsored by brands but a direct advertisement like that just seemed corny. Just wear the stuff and people will want to buy it. It was too in-my-face for my taste I suppose.