• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ghent

• _Bagels whipped cream

• Donald Trump's Bulge

• Speedo

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What people think Boxcar Racer would be like           What it would actually be like  

Here's an actual conversation between Mark and Tom from when things were going bad:    

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

Who the hell is Marie? God as a closet TomBot I would LOVE for Tom to come back stronger and cooler than ever and he is making it so damn hard... 

Cinderella, Teen Drama Video, and now Marie love? 

Marie is toms new fuck buddy. Mystery solved 2ez

8 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

Who the hell is Marie? God as a closet TomBot I would LOVE for Tom to come back stronger and cooler than ever and he is making it so damn hard... 

You're trying too hard.

Marie love please stay in bed tonight, 
Call what you like it right,
Marie love don’t you know I fell too hard,
Hearts never broke so well,
Marie love don’t you kiss and tell,
No please don’t, don’t you kiss and tell,
No means no don’t you kiss and tell,
No means no don’t you kiss and tell.

The Cinderella thing doesn't bother me anymore than Gaslight's "Marley's chains" in '59 Sound. I honestly don't understand what's so wrong with using it. It's a way of conveying a meaning for something through cultural reference without having to spell that meaning out in the song. Poetic device and metaphor aren't the words I'm looking for but what it's called escapes me. By invoking the shoe fitting Cinderella he's just saying that girl is the one for him. I don't understand the hate for it, it's just a line ... and it's less clunky than "I'm a dandelion, you're a four-leaf clover".

• Like 4
5 hours ago, Ry-Bread said:

If only he sang about not wanting monday morning to come so he and his mates can be the kings of the weekend. 

It's fine to dislike the song but dont complain about the writing unless you think the majority of the lyrics on Cali are trash, which they are 

5 hours ago, NotNow said:

Marie love please stay in bed tonight, 
Call what you like it right,
Marie love don’t you know I fell too hard,
Hearts never broke so well,
Marie love don’t you kiss and tell,
No please don’t, don’t you kiss and tell,
No means no don’t you kiss and tell,
No means no don’t you kiss and tell.

Someone should tell the kid in the Rebel Girl video, the impending incel might need to learn that lesson. 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Speedo said:

The Cinderella thing doesn't bother me anymore than Gaslight's "Marley's chains" in '59 Sound. I honestly don't understand what's so wrong with using it. It's a way of conveying a meaning for something through cultural reference without having to spell that meaning out in the song. Poetic device and metaphor aren't the words I'm looking for but what it's called escapes me. By invoking the shoe fitting Cinderella he's just saying that girl is the one for him. I don't understand the hate for it, it's just a line ... and it's less clunky than "I'm a dandelion, you're a four-leaf clover".

The people that have a problem with that lyrics tend to be the people that think the new blink can do no wrong and everything is amazing, and they do it in response to people saying the new blink is not genuine and lazy. 

“It took 15 writers to come up with a 40 second song? What the fuck?”

”Tom wrote about Cinderella’s shoe, what a loser, did the aliens give him that line or what? Matt>Tom”

maybe it’s not the most deep lyric, but fuck, at least he’s the one that wrote it.

I mean I hate new blink and I also think the cinderella line is dumb. I don't think it's quite as dumb as some of the new blink lyrics in general but it is a weirdly childish reference for an older dude to put in a love song. 

• Like 1

Am I the only one thats bored as fuck by Tom and AVA? Its not a band that I know inside out, but to me every song just feels the same.. its all so polished and beautiful that it has got no edge to it whatsoever. To me it were exciting back when WDNTW came out, since then they been stagnating

6 minutes ago, jordidanen95 said:

I will keep defending this:

The Dream Walker is Ava's best record and its up there with WYHSB and Self-titled

Its also a lot better than Boxcar Racer.

Lets be real, The production on Boxcar is ''great'' but the songs are ''good'' at best

I was with you until the Boxcar comment.

just no. BCR is probably the best blink-182 related release. I put it above all of blinks albums. 

15 minutes ago, mikela said:

Am I the only one thats bored as fuck by Tom and AVA? Its not a band that I know inside out, but to me every song just feels the same.. its all so polished and beautiful that it has got no edge to it whatsoever. To me it were exciting back when WDNTW came out, since then they been stagnating

have you tried Dream Walker and the later EPs? I had absolutely no time for most of their records for those same reasons but Dream Walker has glimpses of goodness and the latter EPs are pretty good. can't say I rate Rebel Girl myself but eh, the record may be worth a spin. 

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, mikela said:

It got really repetitive in Love 1/2 (and Tom admitted it), got better when he hired Ilan to help him write and push the boundaries a bit.