The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

Do you wanna see me talking about Of Nightmares? If you don't, just scroll away.

I didn't expect this sound.
I think there's something uplifting about this little EP. I totally see why @Kayused to listen to it while reading some horror books. 

Home - It's different for sure but I can dig it. The outro could have led to something a little bit better though, the ending is kinda dull.

Into The Night - Feels like Paralyzed on the verse/The Wolfpack on the chorus. Interesting lyrics, deeper than Tom's usual trend of ramblings and rhymings for the sake of it.

View From Below - Very relaxed feel to it, I like Tom's vocals here.

Parasomnia - Wow. Probably the best instrumental thing AVA ever did?
I also love the lyrics:
"It's my kind of day
The faces of passengers
Looks like they're in pain
Everyone with the caliber
A gun with the same
What a wonderful place
This is my kind of place"

Overall it's very nice EP, short and sweet. I can hear Ilan's big input on it. I like this toned-down version of the band, the Chasing Shadows EP has more melody and that's probably why I like it more, but if Tom mixes the softer side he embraced with these two EPs to what he thinks AVA should sound like, the next album will be good. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Nshesaid said:

Didn't like Of Nightmares but Into The Night is good.

Chasing Shadows is by far my favorite EP of his. Like it better than DED even.

I don't even know why I slept on Chasing Shadows. It's so good. What's sad is that I can see those songs work great or even better if he brought them to the blink table. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Nosferatu said:

Yeah, there would've been no Feldman and woahs, nananas and gang vocals. That's why a lot of blink fans would've liked it if Tom was involved with California. There would've been cool riffs too. The songs would be entirely different and there would've been no Parking Lots & Wildfires. And it would've been an experimental record and continued from where Neighborhoods/DED left off. Would've been a good record.

Not to say California isn't a good record with Feldman & Skiba. It's a decent one. Just with Tom, it would've been way better IMO.

No nanananas? You must have forgotten about that little song All The Small Things 

50 minutes ago, Elisa said:

Do you wanna see me talking about Of Nightmares? If you don't, just scroll away.

I didn't expect this sound.
I think there's something uplifting about this little EP. I totally see why @Kayused to listen to it while reading some horror books. 

Home - It's different for sure but I can dig it. The outro could have led to something a little bit better though, the ending is kinda dull.

Into The Night - Feels like Paralyzed on the verse/The Wolfpack on the chorus. Interesting lyrics though, deeper than Tom's usual trend of ramblings and rhymings for the sake of it.

View From Below - Very relaxed feel to it, I like Tom's vocals here.

Parasomnia - Wow. Probably the best instrumental thing AVA ever did?
I also love the lyrics:
"It's my kind of day
The faces of passengers
Looks like they're in pain
Everyone with the caliber
A gun with the same
What a wonderful place
This is my kind of place"

Overall it's very nice EP, short and sweet. I can hear Ilan's big input on it. I like this toned-down version of the band, the Chasing Shadows EP has more melody and that's probably why I like it more, but if Tom mixes the softer side he embraced with these two EPs to what he thinks AVA should sound like, the next album will be good. 

Is there any more AVA that you haven't heard before? I'd love to read more first impressions haha

• Like 1
  • Haha 2