The Tom Delonge Thread

3 minutes ago, Nshesaid said:

Best he's sounded since they first split up. Stroke Tom was always mid AvA & Reunion, this is giving me chills. 

Guitar tone too ?

This break did him wonders.  Possibly divorce too?

Post an example of where he sounds amazing and gives chills so I can give an objective, non-Tombot take

• Replies 18.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ghent

• _Bagels whipped cream

• Donald Trump's Bulge

• Speedo

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What people think Boxcar Racer would be like           What it would actually be like  

Here's an actual conversation between Mark and Tom from when things were going bad:    

Posted Images

Yeah as a non-AVA fan I actually like this quite a bit, like a lot of the better AVA songs it just leaves me going "FUCK why can't he just use this for Blink??"

I can totally hear that chorus having Mark doing the "no, no, don't you kiss and tell" parts and having it sound so glorious. That along with a real bridge would make this a kickass Blink song. Siiiiiiiigh

I.... really like this? like it's lyrically ridiculous in a lot of places but I'm actually 100% on board musically. the chorus is a bit weak but apart from that I'm all for it, knocks the shit out of Rebel Girl and all the blink stuff so far. 

2 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

Yeah as a non-AVA fan I actually like this quite a bit, like a lot of the better AVA songs it just leaves me going "FUCK why can't he just use this for Blink??"

I can totally hear that chorus having Mark doing the "no, no, don't you kiss and tell" parts and having it sound so glorious. That along with a real bridge would make this a kickass Blink song. Siiiiiiiigh

Dammit, those lyrics would work well with Mark.. I'm trying to think of what blink song Tom's vocals on the outro remind me of.

Finally! A song from one of the blink members that takes more than 30 seconds to learn on the guitar and is actually worth the time, thanks Tom it's been a while!

Jokes aside tho, this song is great and musically intriguing. Tom is continuing from where he initially left off and as a big fan off where blink stopped in DED I love it.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Ghent said:

Uhhh, yeah. If he was mentally stable and didn't sound like shit, of course.

Do you not think he sounded better from the clips of last night? I think he sounds a million times better than in 2014.

3 minutes ago, Bucko said:

Do you not think he sounded better from the clips of last night? I think he sounds a million times better than in 2014.

Kiss and Tell live he sounded like total ass. You'd have to send me a clip of him sounding good

Tom: plays an actual guitar riff in a song

Tombots: OUT OF THE PARK HOMERUN! GREAT FUCKING SONG!

1 minute ago, Ghent said:

Kiss and Tell live he sounded like total ass. You'd have to send me a clip of him sounding good

Tom: plays an actual guitar riff in a song

Tombots: OUT OF THE PARK HOMERUN! GREAT FUCKING SONG!

I didn't watch the live video but Kiss and Tell is a really good song, I enjoyed it quite a bit. It's put together really well.

1 minute ago, Speedo said:

I didn't watch the live video but Kiss and Tell is a really good song, I enjoyed it quite a bit. It's put together really well.

on the live vid he sounds fucking terrible but I haven't heard the other AVA live tracks from that night so idk if it's just that one or the set in general. sounded okay on the acoustic blink bits, just a bit off in places. 

1 minute ago, Speedo said:

C'mon man, I know you don't believe that. It has some cool parts, but its an awful song