The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

3 minutes ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

Poor Ghent,he is totally snowflaking out over the love this song/show is getting.

Ghent, have a SECOND LISTEN; its pretty good, and when a stroked out live Tom can make it come to life, I am pretty certain the studio version will be ever more awesome.

haha it's actually quite garbage, nice riff and energy though.

Just listened to the live performance of Heaven...They definitely sound like they rehearsed and have their shit together. I'd probably go see them if they came in my area. It would be nice if he would focus on music for awhile and leave the fake alien shit behind.

• Love 1

22 minutes ago, Ghent said:

haha it's actually quite garbage, nice riff and energy though.

Just listened to the live performance of Heaven...They definitely sound like they rehearsed and have their shit together. I'd probably go see them if they came in my area. It would be nice if he would focus on music for awhile and leave the fake alien shit behind.

You've gone full butthurt damage control. Go get lost in a cornfield.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

I'm afraid I sound like a Tombot today but I'm genuinely happy because he's back on stage doing what he was always supposed to do, as opposed to the aliens and spaceships stuff.

He had some good energy on stage last night and his new song has got good energy as well. I like it because the sound has the name Tom Delonge written all over it and it just feels like he has picked up from where he left off with both AVA and blink - and I just can't say the same thing about the new blink stuffs, unfortunately. I wish I could though, because this is probably what music is all about when a band starts a new chapter - trying to pick up from where you had left, while staying true to yourself.

(My English is terrible today, I hope I'm making sense.)

• Love 2

Wow, Ilan continues to show how he pushes Tom in directions he wanted to go, but wasn't able to flesh out quite fully (I'm looking at you, LOVE pt 1 and 2). Well done, this song is great. I've continually been impressed with the releases with Ilan, starting with Diary, Of Nightmares, etc. 

It's a shame Tom couldn't make this shit work with blink, as clearly he just needs some drives to be creative - which is what blink is missing. With direction, Tom is an absolute driver. Ilan and Tom seem to be a good match, but it must be exhausting working with Tom as well. Hopefully he sticks around. 

16 minutes ago, Barry Goodman said:

You've gone full butthurt damage control. Go get lost in a cornfield.

Butthurt about what? I hope he gets his shit together.

Yeah, the song is god awful, but at least it shows some promise as far as the guitar work goes

On 8/26/2019 at 5:40 PM, Speedo said:

Marie, love, please stay a bit tonight ... there's the first line. It isn't that hard, friend ...

giphy.gif

"Lorene, love please stay a bit tonight
Call it what you like if right
Lorene love - don’t you know I fell too hard,
hearts never broke so well"

19 minutes ago, NotNow said:

Went back through toms Instagram to see if we have any demos. This is the one I’m most looking forward to, also sounds like blink.

Lmao that sounds more like +44. I can already hear Mark coming in with the “Hey silly girl, I think I got a thing for you...” line. 

Not complaining. I love +44 so that demo will definitely reel me in to his new music.

• Like 2

Just now, Ry-Bread said:

giphy.gif

"Lorene, love please stay a bit tonight
Call it what you like if right
Lorene love - don’t you know I fell too hard,
hearts never broke so well"

Yep, got the name wrong. How much did you say you couldn't understand? All of it, right?

The funny/sad thing is if blink wasn't releasing terrible kidz bop music right now I don't think anyone would care AS much.  It's just so refreshingly good.  It just plays right into Tom's hands.

This is objectively better than plenty of AvA though.  So it might still have made buzz.

• Like 2