The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

6 minutes ago, Kay said:

Nah, I still don't like Rebel Girl, this is far superior. 

Kiss and Tell is very much a good AvA song, and I thoroughly enjoy it, but Rebel Girl is something entirely new, and that chorus might be one of Tom's best (sans cinderella line).  It never gets old to me.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Nshesaid said:

Kiss and Tell is very much a good AvA song, and I thoroughly enjoy it, but Rebel Girl is something entirely new, and that chorus might be one of Tom's best (sans cinderella line).  It never gets old to me.  

I don't violently hate rebel girl but it isn't special at all, sounds more like old school boring AVA to me. No idea why you have such a boner for it. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Ghent said:

I can't believe a grown man would name songs "Rebel Girl" and "Kiss and Tell" with lyrics about cindarella and shit. So cringe

Also, these songs are a bit rapey when you read the lyrics

Song titles and lyrics is not really the best way to mock tom and defend blink. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Kay said:

I don't violently hate rebel girl but it isn't special at all, sounds more like old school boring AVA to me. No idea why you have such a boner for it. 

I wouldn't be dishonest about it, if I liked this one better I'd say so, RG is just so fucking catchy and that chorus just takes me to a higher place only your favorite artists can do.

The breakdown, everything is fucking killer.  I like the instant start to it too.  I legit have started every other morning to it.  I am full wood for it.

Disagree on it sounding like old school AvA, maybe slight shades of WDNTW but not really.  This one sounds like an AvA song to me although good.

Kiss & Tell is miles ahead of Rebel Girl for me. Rebel Girl is what I would envision Feldy or some other pop producer turning AVA into honestly. It's catchy yeah, but doesn't even really sound like AVA to me. (And maybe that's how you guys feel about blink come to think of it)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, horchata said:

I forgot - you only like stuff Feldman writes.

Feldmann could drink a few cups of coffee, eat a donut or two, snort a line of coke, and shit out a tune 10x as good as this in 15 minutes flat.

1 hour ago, The Bean Twiddler said:

This dude is awesome though. He's truly out on YouTube doing God's work. 

Grand Master Neckbeard shredding in his parent’s basement is not awesome. Someone needs to dig up his posts in the NSFW section of all the hot girls he wouldn’t bang.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, thongrider said:

Pretty toxic to be on a Blink-182 message board and trash the guy who started the band's music. No need to be so negative and not like stuff.

He is a part-owner too lol.

Blink Defenders Squad rule #1 is to defend everything the band does and criticize what Tom does. It’s an ‘Us vs. Them’ approach which is dumb.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Clar-ke has herpes said:

He is a part-owner too lol.

Blink Defenders Squad rule #1 is to defend everything the band does and criticize what Tom does. It’s an ‘Us vs. Them’ approach which is dumb.

Jesus you guys are dumb. I've blatantly said like 3 times now that I AM PURPOSELY MOCKING YOU.

lol...wow! It drives my point home even further how ridiculous you act. When I mimic you it makes you meltdown and call me names.

1 minute ago, Ghent said:

Jesus you guys are dumb. I've blatantly said like 3 times now that I AM PURPOSELY MOCKING YOU.

lol...wow! It drives my point home even further how ridiculous you act. When I mimic you it makes you meltdown and call me names.

Wasn’t even this post in particular but more of a pattern over the years. A summary is:

Blink = my favourite band, they can do no wrong and all their songs will be awesome!

Tom = no longer part of my favourite band, so he is bad. All of his music must be awful since it’s not Blink.

6 minutes ago, Clar-ke has herpes said:

Wasn’t even this post in particular but more of a pattern over the years. A summary is:

Blink = my favourite band, they can do no wrong and all their songs will be awesome!

Tom = no longer part of my favourite band, so he is bad. All of his music must be awful since it’s not Blink.

I've liked some Tom songs and wish he was in blink though

Stop being such an embarrassing tombot Casey. Is his dick stitched to the back of your throat or what?