The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

Yeah I feel for Matt.

He seems like a real down to earth dude and it’s shitty that it’s taken so long to find his place in the band. 

Mark could just say “No, Tom isn’t coming back” but I guess he’s gotta he honest because who knows what will happen in the future. 

12 minutes ago, Kay said:

It's worded in such a way that implies California felt like Matt wasn't a definite long term choice. The 'yay I'm allowed back for a second album' thing is kinda nuts, poor sod. 

I think that’s just Matt being humble that the fans were accepting enough for him to come back and do a second album. I don’t think he was implying mark and Travis were ever doubting him.

• Like 1

Can someone confirm where exactly the Jupiter Sound studio is? Is it located attached to back of TTS shop? Or is considered Tom's home studio in his house?

What footage do we know is 'from' there? Way back to the Start The Machine footage with Critter? The Modlife vids? More recent clips of his collection of vox amps with usa flag hanging in background?

11 hours ago, Ry-Bread said:

Wow recent interview that Italia did a summary on:

Check this:

Recently Matt posted something that said he ‘was really into identified flying objects’. “I thought it was funny”, he smiles. “It wasn’t aimed at Tom, but people flipped out. If that was a jab, I’m not a very good boxer.” Since he joined the band, he’s had to live with the shadow of Tom hanging over him. It must be weird to join a band as revered as blink and have people constantly ask when you’re getting fired. “Tom’s been nothing but nice to me and amazing to our band. I have nothing but nice things to say about him. It’s just one of those things.

One day we were in the studio, and I said to Mark, ‘At some point, Tom is going to come back, right? He has to. It would be awesome if he wants to wait a while though ‘cause I'm having way too much fun right now’. “I think it’s kind of inevitable. It seems like they’re all friends and they talk. I’m just glad we have this record, and I’m happy to be doing it. I feel like I have carved out my own space. It’s something that’s taken until now to do, but I know my own role in the band as a third of blink, and it’s something that people have, at the very least, settled into enough to be like ‘okay, well, this will do for now until hopefully Tom comes back’. There are a lot of people that love both, but really, what people think of me, I don’t care. How I feel personally and how my bandmates feel, that’s what’s important to me. I can’t really put into words other than things have gelled.

Travis isn’t so sure about Tom’s return, though. “I don’t know, I mean, I love the guy. I talk to him from time to time, and we’re friends, but whether two friends ever share the same musical vision again, that’s something I don’t know. It’s kind of unknown. It depends on the time when we meet up and if we meet up and if that conversation happens. It’s like ‘Hey, what is your vision? What are your goals?’ and then ‘What is our vision? What are our goals?’. If we can all align, then yeah, that’d be awesome one day, you know? If we can’t, we can’t. it is what it is. I don’t really know though, I’m very just present, I don’t even look at where I’m playing tomorrow. I just live in the now, and I feel like that’s what works best for me.”

Wow this was such an interesting and honest read. Matt is just a really, really great dude!

I might be wrong, but this also kinda confirms that if Tom will ever return Matt will step back and they will not continue as a 4-piece. I am hoping for at least another record with Matt. I really liked what the boys have done with NINE and I am already excited what they have in store in the near future. Also Tom seems happy doing AVA. Who knows, maybe Tom will be back for a final record or a final tour in a few years, but so long I am totally fine by the current situation. New music and tours by blink and AVA and the guys seems to be perfectly happy with how things are at the moment.

• Like 2

My money is on within 5 years the boys get back together for one last nostalgia run with no new music. It’s clear now that mark and Travis want something completely different for blink then what Tom wants in terms of direction of music, so to think they make a new album together is a stretch for me.

It’s a shame because the direction they’re ere heading with Tom was the perfect maturation of the band, but they wanted to reverse the clocks and head back to poppier shit written by other people.

Most people have flaws. But in this case he has flaws and no talent in Blink. He is a glorified Dave Kennedy or worse, that new bass player in AVA that none of the AVAbots want to stand by in the photo op.

Yeah, he showed up on the new album, but its starting to feel more like "Hey Matt, here is this part we wrote for you, sing it and we will do our autotuned/production magic"

• Crab 7

9 minutes ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

Most people have flaws. But in this case he has flaws and no talent in Blink. He is a glorified Dave Kennedy or worse, that new bass player in AVA that none of the AVAbots want to stand by in the photo op.

Even if you hate Skiba (and you do), he has his moments (Left Alone/Last Train Home/Black Rain/NHTSO, etc.), whereas you could never say "This is a David Kennedy song", or "Rubano really took the lead on that one"... He also said as real as possible that he fully expects Tom to return at some point, is grateful to be in blink at the moment, and is having a blast. Not sure how anyone can get mad at that.

That photo comment cracked me up, he looks so happy though!!!

ey3PBJh.jpg

Side Note: He was really cool, rocked out, and has also responded to us on social media. May become a #RubanoBot 

• Haha 1