The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

3 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Those preorder packages are gonna be lit AF though

I want the pre-order package that includes the reverse-anti-gravity device that he's using to build his space ship. 

That or a piece of the alien ships that are currently waging war over Antarctica!

22 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Their return was a string of club shows and two creepy songs, is that really documentary material?

Pretty sure its about the new album, them coming back to tour and everything about the band.  I dont think its really marketed towards 15 year old girls though so its probably not your thing

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Just now, Knapppers said:

Pretty sure its about the new album, them coming back to tour and everything about the band.  I dont think its really marketed towards 15 year old girls though so its probably not your thing

It's marketed to people dumb enough to still give Tom Delonge money though

He even followed the announcement with a token mention of Mark in order to get some blink reunion conversations trending at the right time. So easy to see through

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

I do think this album has the potential to be the best AVA album. 2019 was an incredible blink year, I think 2020 will be AVA’s. 

(Btw not sure if anyone listens to Ilan’s band but I’m loving his new EP) 

I have a better chance of becoming Brad Pitt than Tom does topping Whisper or I-Empire or even Love 1&2 for that matter.  

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

I have a better chance of becoming Brad Pitt than Tom does topping Whisper or I-Empire or even Love 1&2 for that matter.  

Love 1/2 aren’t that hard to top, WDTNW/I-Empire yeah, but I really like the direction he’s been going with Dream Walker/of Nightmares/Chasing Shadows/Kiss &Tell more than most songs on those albums so it has a chance imho!! 

28 minutes ago, Dylan_ said:

Damn that looks pretty sweet!

Still can’t believe the blinkumentary never became a thing. Would of been awesome to see the behind the scenes transition over the years from Tom to Matt.

I think by the time it was finished they didn't like how it never showed them together because unless they were on tour or on stage they hardly hung out. I was hoping we could at least of gotten the audio from shows i know they recorded every show from the reunion tour. 

19 minutes ago, Ghent said:

It's marketed to people dumb enough to still give Tom Delonge money though

He even followed the announcement with a token mention of Mark in order to get some blink reunion conversations trending at the right time. So easy to see through

If a Blink doc of this quality came out, you would eat it all up, yet Tom does it and it's a cash grab. You're a broken record

4 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

Love 1/2 aren’t that hard to top, WDTNW/I-Empire yeah, but I really like the direction he’s been going with Dream Walker/of Nightmares/Chasing Shadows/Kiss &Tell more than most songs on those albums so it has a chance imho!! 

Dream Walker and onwards are better than all old AVA as far as I'm concerned, if the album comes out in 2020 and there's a handful of alright songs on it I'll be over the freakin' moon lol

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Crab 1

3 minutes ago, Knapppers said:

If a Blink doc of this quality came out, you would eat it all up, yet Tom does it and it's a cash grab. You're a broken record

Why would anyone here not eat up a blink documentary if it came out?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Why would anyone here not eat up a blink documentary if it came out?

They should. And they should eat up a Tom/AVA doc as well. You know seeing as he's one of the founding members of blink and the guy mostly responsible for how they sounded. 

• Haha 1