The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

2 hours ago, NotNow said:

In case people missed it, Tom made an instagram post that he deleted that said they have the ten songs for the AVA album laid out and are just doing the final tracking now.

After working on this album for over two years (he started in March 2018, at least first post on Instagram he was working on a new Ava album), all we’re getting is ten songs and we possibly already heard two of them? Sigh

And he deleted it which suggests he either spoke too soon or just lied and got told off lol

• Like 2

Yeah that’ll be a bit of a bummer if it’s only 10 and 2 are RG/K&T (and assume one is Time Bomb which was teased 3.5 months ago and still not out).... Ilan is also out on tour (for now) so not sure if he’s been there for drums or anything the past month or two. But, at least it’s an update.

16 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

Yeah that’ll be a bit of a bummer if it’s only 10 and 2 are RG/K&T (and assume one is Time Bomb which was teased 3.5 months ago and still not out).... Ilan is also out on tour (for now) so not sure if he’s been there for drums or anything the past month or two. But, at least it’s an update.

that's been deleted. so it doesn't mean much lol. I hope it's not only 8 new songs, I'd like him to realise it's too far apart and be 10 new tracks. like RG and K&T were just to remind people they exist, then release a record. maybe have RG and K&T as bonus tracks for physical releases / album streams. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NotNow said:

In case people missed it, Tom made an instagram post that he deleted that said they have the ten songs for the AVA album laid out and are just doing the final tracking now.

After working on this album for over two years (he started in March 2018, at least first post on Instagram he was working on a new Ava album), all we’re getting is ten songs and we possibly already heard two of them? Sigh

10 songs is the new normal on albums these days. Why are everyone getting so disappointed? This is what I expected.

5 hours ago, twentytwenty said:

10 songs is the new normal on albums these days. Why are everyone getting so disappointed? This is what I expected.

Because he spent two years on the album and hasn’t released an album proper since 2014. 10 songs might be the normal, but this is a different situation. The guy spent two years writing for this. And two of the songs were released a year before the album comes out so no one is actually going to associate them with the album. Also blink pumps out songs.

13 minutes ago, NotNow said:

Because he spent two years on the album and hasn’t released an album proper since 2014. 10 songs might be the normal, but this is a different situation. The guy spent two years writing for this. And two of the songs were released a year before the album comes out so no one is actually going to associate them with the album. Also blink pumps out songs.

No it's not a different situation. He's releasing an album, an album usually contains 10 tracks nowadays, no matter how long the previous album was released. 

Sure, it's not EPs it's not as "fun" as a proper album, but you're acting like he's not released anything since The Dream Walker.

Edit: I understand now that it's been a long time since the last proper EP as well. ffs.  Haha, in my head it's still 2018

I think we should also take into consideration the way he's used to work. Even with blink, before California, they could only come up with a number of songs, usually 12, and that was it. I agree though, 2 more songs would have been better, but it's Tom, we can't really ask too much. 

6 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

10 songs is just so lazy for bands IMHO (unless you have a "deluxe" released planned)...just hope he doesn't pull a TOOL and have us wait 13 years for 10 songs, and 2 of them are interludes of monkey sounds.

wish you'd say this on the pod...;)

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Madele said:

I'm all right with 10 songs as long as they're good.

I’m also fine with 10 if it’s an amazing album, but no matter what I won’t like how they released two a year in advance and are now stale. And then we’ll get two more before the album. Its meh.

Who knows maybe they won’t actually end up on the album.

2 hours ago, NotNow said:

I’m also fine with 10 if it’s an amazing album, but no matter what I won’t like how they released two a year in advance and are now stale. And then we’ll get two more before the album. Its meh.

Who knows maybe they won’t actually end up on the album.

I hate when artists do that too, I mean, give me one single one or two months before the album drops and that's enough, much more ruins the hype

I was expecting a 4 or 5 song EP at this point including the 2 songs we got. 10 songs is a miracle, but you never know what can change before the final release.

I wonder if he put his ex wife through what he puts the fans through. Saying he is taking her on a tropical vacation, sending her Instagram stories of booking flights, activities etc and then delaying the trip 5 times because of alien meetings in random locations.

1 hour ago, Feeling_This_1 said:

I was expecting a 4 or 5 song EP at this point including the 2 songs we got. 10 songs is a miracle, but you never know what can change before the final release.

I wonder if he put his ex wife through what he puts the fans through. Saying he is taking her on a tropical vacation, sending her Instagram stories of booking flights, activities etc and then delaying the trip 5 times because of alien meetings in random locations.

Go lick some public door handles, weirdo .

• Like 2