The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

Wasn't Tom gonna turn that Poet Anderson thing into a full animated film?  I just remembered that short and recalled thinking it wasn't half bad and would have been interested in seeing more of such animation (though not interesting enough for me to read the books of the same name).

• Like 1

I wish Tom would give up this dream of making movies. That LOVE movie was a total piece of crap. 

Not only is he making another horrible movie called "Monsters of California", but they are making a Strange Times live action comedy TV show. Surely, both will be delayed into oblivion or scrapped.

https://www.punkrockandufos.com/blog/2019/9/26/exclusive-producer-provides-details-of-monsters-of-california-production

• Crab 1

1 hour ago, Feeling_This_1 said:

I wish Tom would give up this dream of making movies. That LOVE movie was a total piece of crap. 

Not only is he making another horrible movie called "Monsters of California", but they are making a Strange Times live action comedy TV show. Surely, both will be delayed into oblivion or scrapped.

https://www.punkrockandufos.com/blog/2019/9/26/exclusive-producer-provides-details-of-monsters-of-california-production

The story was crap. What they managed to do visually with 500k I thought was actually really cool.

oh man. i know i'm late to this but it's impossible to back tom on this one. no, none of us really know exactly what happened so everything is pure speculation; however, we're all adults and know how these relationships originate 99% of the time. so, it's not unreasonable to think it's a cold move. 

this was probably a friendship ruining decision. i doubt he talked to chris cote about it. he probably had rick devoe email him. the fact that chris cote was with this girl since he was a teenager is a really bad look especially because tom went out of his way to claim she didn't know him as musician, yet there she is waiting in line to buy dude ranch in 1997.

either way, i'm excited for the album. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Ry-Bread said:

There was supposed to be a live action Poet film, it was even casted. Strange Times was purchased by TBS so will be cool to see what they do with it.

I wonder what happened to that poet project, I could remember horribly wrong but wasn’t the guy from teen wolf casted for the lead roll?

1 hour ago, wannabe corn dog said:

oh man. i know i'm late to this but it's impossible to back tom on this one. no, none of us really know exactly what happened so everything is pure speculation; however, we're all adults and know how these relationships originate 99% of the time. so, it's not unreasonable to think it's a cold move. 

this was probably a friendship ruining decision. i doubt he talked to chris cote about it. he probably had rick devoe email him. the fact that chris cote was with this girl since he was a teenager is a really bad look especially because tom went out of his way to claim she didn't know him as musician, yet there she is waiting in line to buy dude ranch in 1997.

[Disclaimer: for some reason I like feeding off other people’s drama even if (or maybe especially if) it does not affect me in the slightest. and maybe I’m just way too bored in quarantine, so please bear with me or feel free to ignore lol] 

TLDR: Tom behaved shittily but could still very well be a decent guy overall, and Rick Devoe’s existence perplexes me.

So I agree with practically everything you said. Tom behaved callously and underhandedly and clearly hurt people who trusted him.

I just recoil a bit from the downstream conclusions people make about him as a person overall, based on these types of anecdotes. The thing is, I’ve been in a couple situations that, while not at the scale (at all), I’m pretty sure made me look like a selfish cunt to people who had only heard the other person’s side of the story. I’ve also watched friends “steal” their friends’ long-term partners, including having protracted emotional (and maybe physical) affairs with them instead of breaking up with their original partners sooner. And yet if you knew them, you’d know they’re decent, sometimes even wonderful people, just... weak-willed, and, in a twisted way, trying not to hurt people. Not saying Tom is wonderful (or isn’t), but people who are genuinely “good people” overall have been known to do this kind of stuff, so it really doesn’t indicate that his decent guy persona is a facade. Not that you’re saying that, but anyway.

Moving on though—  is Rick Devoe a... Tom cosplayer? I can’t even...

1 hour ago, wannabe corn dog said:

Oh he’s a dick for sure. There’s millions of women he can get and he goes for a “friend”’s wife? Shits weak as fuck. I hope Tom marries her and Chris somehow gets a bunch of child support money from Marie, which would ultimately be Tom’s money. 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, wannabe corn dog said:

I agree with a lot of this except he didn't claim that she didn't know him as a musician, he captioned a photo of her joining him on tour with:

"When you take the lady friend on tour for her first time, and she only knows you as a guy that “used” to play music."

Which clearly just means she wasn't expecting to be dating the active touring musician version of Tom.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

17 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

I agree with a lot of this except he didn't claim that she didn't know him as a musician, he captioned a photo of her joining him on tour with:

"When you take the lady friend on tour for her first time, and she only knows you as a guy that “used” to play music."

Which clearly just means she wasn't expecting to be dating the active touring musician version of Tom.

Thank you for summing it up much better than I did

• Like 1