The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

Honestly, I don't think the album will bother him that much. I'm sure he'll look wistfully at the tour and shows and everything (hence why he feels the need to make those awkward tweets and facebook posts on occasion about the band), but California is absolutely nothing like the kind of music that he wants to make. He quit because he wanted to focus on doing things that he is passionate about, so why would he be upset that blink is making music that he wouldn't enjoy making, regardless of whether it is successful or not?

3 hours ago, BlinkAngels182 said:

I know it's fucked up.. But I honestly hope tom hears California. And it puts the nail in the coffin in his view of the band. Amazing album. TV appreances. Awesome reviews. Happy fans. Sold out tour. ALL without him. I don't wish harm upon tom but I really want him to feel like Trav and Mark felt after he's fucked them over for years.. It's sick but I'm hoping for a complete meltdown. Fuck him.

haha, nope, i'm pretty sure that he heard cali. also, i'm pretty sure he did it shortly after it's leaked. i'm not defining it or judging it, but i don't see another option.

Even if he hears California he will surely act like he hasn't listened to it cause he's so busy, he was just talking with the CIA and they didn't have the time to listens to albums. Then he'll be like: "Talked to Travis about the album though, cause you know. That's what we do. Travis and I. WE TALK!!!1!!1!!"

• Like 3

I think he may have listened to it, but it's definitely not the direction he wanted the band to go into, and he'd probably eye-roll the whole release, and would probably feel justified in his 'totally not' quitting. 

Regardless of how much more successful they are now then he currently is, and just generally how much better off they all are without him, I doubt he could push his ego aside long enough to get particularly jealous of wistful. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, CuteBilly182 said:

Why would he be upset? RESIDUAL INCOME, I'm sure he will still get at least 10-20% of the money they make. He doesn't have to do anything and he will get paid.

Because he could bullshit his way and make 3-5X as much as that by splurging out more half assed stuff.

Money matters to dudes their age. Sad world. 

Just speculating. I don't think any of us know the exact finances going on.

Is it wrong that I actually think this whole UFO chase is sort of cool and interesting? A bit out there sure, but it's sort of cool.. He just sells it terribly because it's Tom.  But there's much lamer things one can do with their money.

About the record and Tom, let's be real.. He's not going through this or that or that.  He's going through a mixture of all of it, as one naturally would.. he's gonna be 'rolling eyes' at it, a bit nostalgic/missing out feeling, ease the pain because he's getting a cut, probably being an ass in it all legally, critical/condescending of it, jealous of Matt , interested in Matts take, continuing to move forward, etc etc.

• Like 1

I think UFO stuff is cool, but Tom is annoying about it and not a credible source to learn from. Like he's really going to be the first person in history to expose the government's best-kept secrets...

Like... even his book Sekret Machines is supposed to somehow "expose the truth" despite it being a work of fiction.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I think UFO stuff is cool, but Tom is annoying about it and not a credible source to learn from. Like he's really going to be the first person in history to expose the government's best-kept secrets...

Like... even his book Sekret Machines is supposed to somehow "expose the truth" despite it being a work of fiction.

exactly! more over, i think he's creates artificial hype around himself, in fact he has much less information and access, than he is saying

With everything he has done, I've given it a go. the only things I haven't are the love movie (I never actually found a way to watch it) and Sekret Machines (don't wanna spend money on it).

I tried Poet Anderson, and I saw the animated thing. the latter was terribly written and not particularly gripping. the only winning points were the animation itself and that is the bit Tom could literally have no hand in. As for the book? Someone sent me the ebook version and I couldn't make it through the first chapter. it was just dull and very cliche, and had really weird overuse of swearing. I've never been censorship happy but this was swearing for the sake of swearing, not for emphasis or anything. seemed really unnatural and forced. 

If I get my hands on an ebook of secret machines, yeah I'll give it a go, but the truth is even when I've tried to give Tom the benefit of the doubt and look into his other 'artistic' endeavours, they usually wind up being a bit shit and not worth investing in. lord knows why people buy so much TTS stuff, it's really not that interesting. 

4 hours ago, helen_hoppus said:

exactly! more over, i think he's creates artificial hype around himself, in fact he has much less information and access, than he is saying

The whole alien/government cover up thing doesn't pass the common sense test anyway. Given how big our universe is, it is likely there is other life, but how is it really possible that the life has come here but only the government knows about it and can keep it under wraps?

Some people over estimate our government by a lot.

12 minutes ago, Olidamus said:

The whole alien/government cover up thing doesn't pass the common sense test anyway. Given how big our universe is, it is likely there is other life, but how is it really possible that the life has come here but only the government knows about it and can keep it under wraps?

Some people over estimate our government by a lot.

so. do you think that delonge REALLY may have information, which goverment neither possesses?