Jump to content
 
Tom Bot

The Tom Delonge Thread

Recommended Posts

39 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

Tom just said as of yesterday the current plan is new single late Summer/Fall, and new album after the Holidays... followed hopefully by a proper tour and companion movie. We may not even get it this year... :(

****BREAKING NEWS****

Water is in fact, wet.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wouldn’t this be the plan for most bands though? No point in releasing an album and then not being able to tour it for another 12 months. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

****BREAKING NEWS****

Water is in fact, wet.

That made me remember this doofus!

 

On 7/2/2019 at 3:15 PM, SandChannel said:

Water makes other things wet. It is not wet itself. Dumbass.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Whyamidoingthis said:

Tom on his IG live just now: “because of the pandemic, there’s not a rush so I’ll probably write another 2-3 songs” 🥴

What? For his album? Do they deliver these albums door to door now? Put that shit in Spotify procrastinating fool

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This time it's a label thing though. There's no chance in hell Rise would put out an album they couldn't tour. Maybe if AVA still were an independent band we could have gotten the album anyways but not this time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All labels care about are the tours. They fund albums as marketing tools for the tours, not really something they’re worried about for making money since it’s next to impossible. It’s why tons of albums that were scheduled for release over the next couple months are receiving indefinite delays. They don’t know when they can get back to venues coupled with the fact everyone will try to tour at once.

For what it’s worth, I see the possibility of this turning into another double album so long as Tom keeps working on it. What he can do with to the stars is going to be limited the rest of the year so hopefully he just keeps writing music because there’s nothing else to do.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Jan's Plan said:

What? For his album? Do they deliver these albums door to door now? Put that shit in Spotify procrastinating fool

Haha, I’m with you. (And yeah, for the album)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, NotNow said:

All labels care about are the tours. They fund albums as marketing tools for the tours, not really something they’re worried about for making money since it’s next to impossible. It’s why tons of albums that were scheduled for release over the next couple months are receiving indefinite delays. They don’t know when they can get back to venues coupled with the fact everyone will try to tour at once.

For what it’s worth, I see the possibility of this turning into another double album so long as Tom keeps working on it. What he can do with to the stars is going to be limited the rest of the year so hopefully he just keeps writing music because there’s nothing else to do.

Yeah, this delay might actually be a good thing this time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Whyamidoingthis said:

Haha, I’m with you. (And yeah, for the album)

What a terrible excuse, we've seen on his Instagram they're all hanging out at his studio, there's literally no better time to finish an album, you can't send COVID through file shares

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Jan's Plan said:

What a terrible excuse, we've seen on his Instagram they're all hanging out at his studio, there's literally no better time to finish an album, you can't send COVID through file shares

It's the labels decision when the album gets released, not Toms

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, twentytwenty said:

It's the labels decision when the album gets released, not Toms

If they were smart they would do it before he turns 50 and ride the wave they were on that is quickly passing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

It's funny to picture Tom being ordered around by Rise (lol) Records.

Especially after he spent 10 years of his life trashing blink for being constrained by big record labels. Then he ends up getting bossed around by some tiny shit label. Classic

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tom's a legend, should be able to do what he wants with Rise. Don't buy it they have him held hostage, he's probably doing the usual, not finishing his projects

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He actually said that Aaron Rubin just had a child and he can't work on the album now so everything's on hold. He didn't mention the label. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hard to keep track of everyone's biases around Tom but none of this news is a surprise because A) it actually does make sense for the band and the label to agree that delaying the album is a good idea so that a tour can help promote the album like usual, I can only imagine why anyone thinks this is his label "bossing him around,"  and B ) Tom is slow as molasses anyway.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

Hard to keep track of everyone's biases around Tom but none of this news is a surprise because A) it actually does make sense for the band and the label to agree that delaying the album is a good idea so that a tour can help promote the album like usual, and B ) Tom is slow as molasses anyway.

 

Also everyone should have known it would be delayed the SECOND Tom announced a movie was coming along with the album.  What movie? lol.

I bet Rise thought they were gonna make a shit ton of money with Tom's name attached.  The reality is just them getting roped into delays and exciting feature films that will rival Steven Spielberg!

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Elisa said:

He actually said that Aaron Rubin just had a child and he can't work on the album now so everything's on hold. He didn't mention the label. 

That doesn’t have anything to do with the album coming out in 2021 now. They’re on final tracking (at least for the original track listing before covid changed things, sounds like Tom is writing additional songs because the album can’t be released as is currently). Having a kid might delay the tracking a few weeks?

Also rise doesn’t care about some movie, they have no stake in that. If Tom doesn’t have the movie ready when rise says we’re ready with the album, Tom can’t do anything about that. He’ll have to fuck off

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...