The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

1 minute ago, Depf said:

everyone is a moody prick that gets the blues. thats why god invented drugs,fetish sex and romania.

as long as you enjoy the actual act of toypaj you're alright

do you guys think tom is more the chokey or the toe-sucking type?

Tom is vanilla ... Mark is the freak ... Travis probably dabbles in bdsm but nothing outrageous.

Well, I found it! 😁

Tom says, 

It’s crazy, the amount of stuff that I do. It bounces around, but it’s very much like how my mind works. I have ADHD, and I never really knew that until a couple of years ago. Once I found that out, I was like, “Oh, my God, that makes perfect sense.” So I had the ability to juggle infinite projects and be hyper-hyperfocused on specific things like recording the record or doing the film stuff. I can really shut everything out.

https://www.altpress.com/features/tom-delonge-angels-and-airwaves-interview-2019/

https://www.altpress.com/features/tom-delonge-angels-and-airwaves-interview-2019/

On 8/26/2020 at 12:14 AM, Speedo said:

I assume Tom has ADD the same as everyone has ADD ... just like everyone has OCD, Depression or any other hot topic mental disorder of the times.

OCD is a pretty serious disorder too that people like to self diagnose themselves at all the time.  The more serious diagnoses are pretty crippling for people.  Depression I think is as common as people diagnose themselves as, extents vary, but depression is very common for anyone living in this sheisty world..

Depression is fairly common, but there are definitely people who conflate occasionally feeling sad/down with depression.

Edit: the whole destigmatization movement has been a double-edged sword. A lot of the messaging is that mentally ill people are essentially normal and their illnesses are relatable, but when people think that experiencing sadness is the same as depression or being worried occasionally is the same as an anxiety disorder, they think they understand what it's like to have one of those disorders, yet they have no concept of how debilitating they can be.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Jan's Plan said:

OCD is a pretty serious disorder too that people like to self diagnose themselves at all the time.  The more serious diagnoses are pretty crippling for people.  Depression I think is as common as people diagnose themselves as, extents vary, but depression is very common for anyone living in this sheisty world..

I can't even imagine what depression is like, even if I've been Diagnosed with it. OCD I can mostly imagine, even if what I imagine might be wrong. Stuff like that worries me a lot. 

3 minutes ago, thongrider said:

I can't even imagine what depression is like, even if I've been Diagnosed with it. OCD I can mostly imagine, even if what I imagine might be wrong. Stuff like that worries me a lot. 

Real OCD is probably not what you imagine.  I say it myself all the time when I'm obsessing over having something proper but real OCD is a disorder where you can't physically move past a mental block until you follow specific steps or have things a certain order.  I saw a more serious case where someone needed to organize a bookshelf 5 different times before they could continue on, or where they need to follow a specific walking pattern or they can't move to the next step.  It can get pretty serious.

3 minutes ago, Jan's Plan said:

Real OCD is probably not what you imagine.  I say it myself all the time when I'm obsessing over having something proper but real OCD is a disorder where you can't physically move past a mental block until you follow specific steps or have things a certain order.  I saw a more serious case where someone needed to organize a bookshelf 5 different times before they could continue on, or where they need to follow a specific walking pattern or they can't move to the next step.  It can get pretty serious.

There's also OCPD, which is a personality disorder. I guess when I imagine OCD I don't think of what most people imagine OCD as at all. To me harm OCD and perfection OCD seem like two different disorders, even if they are not and I think every form of OCD is probably equally crippling in different ways. 

51 minutes ago, thongrider said:

There's also OCPD, which is a personality disorder. I guess when I imagine OCD I don't think of what most people imagine OCD as at all. To me harm OCD and perfection OCD seem like two different disorders, even if they are not and I think every form of OCD is probably equally crippling in different ways. 

Stop OCDing over my post.

7 hours ago, Feeling_This_1 said:

Tom is definitely self diagnosed. If he actually saw a doctor, they would have diagnosed him with about 10 different disorders. 

I wonder if he came to the ADHD conclusion after doing a few lines of coke.

No. It's very common that the first diagnosis for anything questionable would be ADHD. Even if he had anything more, it would likely take longer to figure it out...and him being rich and famous with access to excellent health care, I don't think spending money finding out would be an issue, so it's very likely it's legit! 

• Like 2

Dr. Ghent suggests that Tom rejoins blink and puts all this fake shit behind him in an effort to make some great pop punk/alternative tunes and salvage his dignity so that future generations can properly appreciate his greatness. 

Basically everything he has done post 2007 has been MEH. It’s sad as fuck.

• Like 4
  • Crab 3

9 hours ago, Ghent said:

Dr. Ghent suggests that Tom rejoins blink and puts all this fake shit behind him in an effort to make some great pop punk/alternative tunes and salvage his dignity so that future generations can properly appreciate his greatness. 

Basically everything he has done post 2007 has been MEH. It’s sad as fuck.

I dunno, post 2007 has seen some solid stuff from Tom, Dogs Eating Dogs, most of Neighborhoods, I-Empire, and The Dreamwalker all have some really good Tom content.

But then he's also released some crap in that time too both LOVE albums are garbage, his demos odds and ends album sucks, most of the AAA EPs have sucked balls, the Love movie was forgettable and boring (I genuinely almost forgot that even existed), and I haven't read any of his books or graphic novels, but I can say with certainty that I don't have any interest in them, and I say that as someone who is absolutely interested in the idea of aliens and alien tech.

• Like 1
  • Crab 1