Jump to content
 

The Tom Delonge Thread


Shit Poster
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Ixidor said:

It's not like Billy Joe was kicked out, replaced and then returned to form a 4 piece. Green Day's situation is/was nothing like Blink's.

Sure, obviously it's not the same scenario at all, but based on where everyone is at, it sure feels like Tom will be back in the band sooner or later at this point.  The question is just, if he returns, does Matt stick around or not?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, wannabe corn dog said:

tom needs to be the center of attention and is very passionate about the idea of blink being his band. he doesn't even mention matt skiba's name in interviews. if he came back, skiba would be gone and they would likely pretend that whole era never happened. 

My thoughts exactly. Maybe he doesnt want another guitarist coming up with ideas for “his band”. Might cause a toxic environment, and its not like blink doesnt have enough of that already 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, M!ke said:

Sure, obviously it's not the same scenario at all, but based on where everyone is at, it sure feels like Tom will be back in the band sooner or later at this point.  The question is just, if he returns, does Matt stick around or not?

Is there actual proof Tom may come back or just a feeling? Haven't been able to keep up much on blink the past 6 weeks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, vic vinegar said:

Is there actual proof Tom may come back or just a feeling? Haven't been able to keep up much on blink the past 6 weeks.

I mean, nothing definitive, but Travis talks with him, even Mark has admitted to talking with him from time to time, and a month or two ago, Tom said he'd be back in the band eventually.  Obviously, nothing about that confirms he'll be back, but there doesn't seem to be any bad blood at this point at all, so I'd be more surprised if he never comes back than if he does as things stand.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Reg said:

My thoughts exactly. Maybe he doesnt want another guitarist coming up with ideas for “his band”. Might cause a toxic environment, and its not like blink doesnt have enough of that already 

blink probably could use a rhythm guitarist though, at least for their live shows.  Even if Matt were to be completely hands off at that, point, I can still see him being a touring member or the like.  Personally, I'd love to have him in there as a permanent member then, it'd be cool to hear songs with Tom and Matt singing, or even a few where they all have parts to sing.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, M!ke said:

blink probably could use a rhythm guitarist though, at least for their live shows.  Even if Matt were to be completely hands off at that, point, I can still see him being a touring member or the like.  Personally, I'd love to have him in there as a permanent member then, it'd be cool to hear songs with Tom and Matt singing, or even a few where they all have parts to sing.  

Yeeeaaaaa i think Matt would stick with Alkaline trio if that would be the case

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Finally broke down and started watching “Unidentified”. I’ve been on quarantine for 10 days 4 for to go and even though I’ve been bored out of my mind I still feel dirty for breaking down. Fml.  I’m 2 episodes and and I suppose it’s mildly entertaining but certainly not convincing as far as UFOs go. 

  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Smalls Funny, I finally found a way to watch it without Netflix this week. I've been interested in seeing it though. I do believe these are UFOs, but whether or not it's from other worldly places or just advanced human tech, I don't know. I'm not ruling out the former, but all of this stuff, I mean, I'm not sure how much we actually need to concern ourselves with it. It's exciting, but it's like, ...well, I mean, as others have said to me, it's very possible it's just a distraction to tear us away from Earthly concerns. Like, that's the opposite of Tom's pursuit, but I fear that's what some might be planning. Sigh! It's still entertaining. I like the thrilling music and Tom's funny expressions. Haha! 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Speedo said:

Maybe he's just annoyed by the fact that all Skiba has managed to contribute is ganking a riff Tom came up with 20 years ago and using it for every song.

Pretty sure that's Mark or someone else writing it. No way Matt has the audacity to just repeat Adam's Song for every 'new' guitar part he comes up with for a song.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Tombomb said:

@Smalls Funny, I finally found a way to watch it without Netflix this week. I've been interested in seeing it though. I do believe these are UFOs, but whether or not it's from other worldly places or just advanced human tech, I don't know. I'm not ruling out the former, but all of this stuff, I mean, I'm not sure how much we actually need to concern ourselves with it. It's exciting, but it's like, ...well, I mean, as others have said to me, it's very possible it's just a distraction to tear us away from Earthly concerns. Like, that's the opposite of Tom's pursuit, but I fear that's what some might be planning. Sigh! It's still entertaining. I like the thrilling music and Tom's funny expressions. Haha! 

Yea I’m with you by definition they are for sure “UFO’s” but I’m not convinced by any of it. So there’s supposedly hundreds of these things sighted in a fleet and the best we can do is some grainy infrared footage of a couple of them? I’m not saying the pilots are lying but I think they are confused. It’s quite possible that what they experienced are optical illusions they happen all the time. They happen especially when your flying at altitudes looking at other objects in the air that are flying at various loooong distances away from you. Yea I crack up when toms being all serious interviewing some nut job about a sighting. Still love the dude and super happy that he found another passion in life even if I think it’s weird!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Smalls said:

Yea I’m with you by definition they are for sure “UFO’s” but I’m not convinced by any of it. So there’s supposedly hundreds of these things sighted in a fleet and the best we can do is some grainy infrared footage of a couple of them? I’m not saying the pilots are lying but I think they are confused. It’s quite possible that what they experienced are optical illusions they happen all the time. They happen especially when your flying at altitudes looking at other objects in the air that are flying at various loooong distances away from you. Yea I crack up when toms being all serious interviewing some nut job about a sighting. Still love the dude and super happy that he found another passion in life even if I think it’s weird!

Yeah, and logs mysteriously disappearing or being erased?? That just seems too convenient. But totally agree about Tom. I'm happy he's happy...but I worry he's a bit scared or concerned and overobsessing...maybe that's Lui (Lue?) or others though. I dunno! Like, I'm totally skeptic of abductions stuff. Not that this show has gone there, yet, but you know, that just seems like that HAS to have some other explanation...like, have you seen the episode of House M.D. ?? Honestly, I forget the diagnosis, but it wasn't aliens. Lol

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Tombomb said:

Yeah, and logs mysteriously disappearing or being erased?? That just seems too convenient. But totally agree about Tom. I'm happy he's happy...but I worry he's a bit scared or concerned and overobsessing...maybe that's Lui (Lue?) or others. I dunno! Like, I'm totally skeptic of abductions stuff. Not that this show has gone there, yet, but you know, that just seems like that HAS to have some other explanation...like, have you seen the episode of House M.D. ?? Honestly, I forget the diagnosis, but it wasn't aliens. Lol

Ya that lue guy is not good for toms paranoia lmao he’s out there for sure! Yea riiiggghht he “quit” working at the pentagon to expose the whole situation. Bullllllllshit lol you know they fired his ass he attached himself to Tom to keep a paycheck coming in. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Reg said:

Hey matt, toms back and we dont need you anymore. Would you wanna hang around and play the extra guitars? We probably wont play any songs post neighborhoods and you wouldnt be a member but you sure are a fungai! Deal?

Money talks my friend.  It's not like Matt seems to be contributing much as it is.  I imagine being even just a touring/rhythm guitarist for blink pays more than Alkaline Trio does.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, M!ke said:

blink probably could use a rhythm guitarist though, at least for their live shows.  Even if Matt were to be completely hands off at that, point, I can still see him being a touring member or the like.  Personally, I'd love to have him in there as a permanent member then, it'd be cool to hear songs with Tom and Matt singing, or even a few where they all have parts to sing.  

Why would the front man of a semi big band be a touring member of another band? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, M!ke said:

Money talks my friend.  It's not like Matt seems to be contributing much as it is.  I imagine being even just a touring/rhythm guitarist for blink pays more than Alkaline Trio does.

That's awful though. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...