The Tom Delonge Thread

5 hours ago, Speedo said:

Maybe he's just annoyed by the fact that all Skiba has managed to contribute is ganking a riff Tom came up with 20 years ago and using it for every song.

Pretty sure that's Mark or someone else writing it. No way Matt has the audacity to just repeat Adam's Song for every 'new' guitar part he comes up with for a song.

• Like 1
  • Replies 16.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What people think Boxcar Racer would be like           What it would actually be like  

Here's an actual conversation between Mark and Tom from when things were going bad:    

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Tombomb said:

@Smalls Funny, I finally found a way to watch it without Netflix this week. I've been interested in seeing it though. I do believe these are UFOs, but whether or not it's from other worldly places or just advanced human tech, I don't know. I'm not ruling out the former, but all of this stuff, I mean, I'm not sure how much we actually need to concern ourselves with it. It's exciting, but it's like, ...well, I mean, as others have said to me, it's very possible it's just a distraction to tear us away from Earthly concerns. Like, that's the opposite of Tom's pursuit, but I fear that's what some might be planning. Sigh! It's still entertaining. I like the thrilling music and Tom's funny expressions. Haha! 

Yea I’m with you by definition they are for sure “UFO’s” but I’m not convinced by any of it. So there’s supposedly hundreds of these things sighted in a fleet and the best we can do is some grainy infrared footage of a couple of them? I’m not saying the pilots are lying but I think they are confused. It’s quite possible that what they experienced are optical illusions they happen all the time. They happen especially when your flying at altitudes looking at other objects in the air that are flying at various loooong distances away from you. Yea I crack up when toms being all serious interviewing some nut job about a sighting. Still love the dude and super happy that he found another passion in life even if I think it’s weird!

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, Smalls said:

Yea I’m with you by definition they are for sure “UFO’s” but I’m not convinced by any of it. So there’s supposedly hundreds of these things sighted in a fleet and the best we can do is some grainy infrared footage of a couple of them? I’m not saying the pilots are lying but I think they are confused. It’s quite possible that what they experienced are optical illusions they happen all the time. They happen especially when your flying at altitudes looking at other objects in the air that are flying at various loooong distances away from you. Yea I crack up when toms being all serious interviewing some nut job about a sighting. Still love the dude and super happy that he found another passion in life even if I think it’s weird!

Yeah, and logs mysteriously disappearing or being erased?? That just seems too convenient. But totally agree about Tom. I'm happy he's happy...but I worry he's a bit scared or concerned and overobsessing...maybe that's Lui (Lue?) or others though. I dunno! Like, I'm totally skeptic of abductions stuff. Not that this show has gone there, yet, but you know, that just seems like that HAS to have some other explanation...like, have you seen the episode of House M.D. ?? Honestly, I forget the diagnosis, but it wasn't aliens. Lol

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Tombomb said:

Yeah, and logs mysteriously disappearing or being erased?? That just seems too convenient. But totally agree about Tom. I'm happy he's happy...but I worry he's a bit scared or concerned and overobsessing...maybe that's Lui (Lue?) or others. I dunno! Like, I'm totally skeptic of abductions stuff. Not that this show has gone there, yet, but you know, that just seems like that HAS to have some other explanation...like, have you seen the episode of House M.D. ?? Honestly, I forget the diagnosis, but it wasn't aliens. Lol

Ya that lue guy is not good for toms paranoia lmao he’s out there for sure! Yea riiiggghht he “quit” working at the pentagon to expose the whole situation. Bullllllllshit lol you know they fired his ass he attached himself to Tom to keep a paycheck coming in. 

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Reg said:

Hey matt, toms back and we dont need you anymore. Would you wanna hang around and play the extra guitars? We probably wont play any songs post neighborhoods and you wouldnt be a member but you sure are a fungai! Deal?

Money talks my friend.  It's not like Matt seems to be contributing much as it is.  I imagine being even just a touring/rhythm guitarist for blink pays more than Alkaline Trio does.

15 hours ago, M!ke said:

blink probably could use a rhythm guitarist though, at least for their live shows.  Even if Matt were to be completely hands off at that, point, I can still see him being a touring member or the like.  Personally, I'd love to have him in there as a permanent member then, it'd be cool to hear songs with Tom and Matt singing, or even a few where they all have parts to sing.  

Why would the front man of a semi big band be a touring member of another band? 

13 hours ago, M!ke said:

Money talks my friend.  It's not like Matt seems to be contributing much as it is.  I imagine being even just a touring/rhythm guitarist for blink pays more than Alkaline Trio does.

That's awful though. 

2 hours ago, thongrider said:

Why would the front man of a semi big band be a touring member of another band? 

I've seen a few examples of people jumping into other bands, for example Mike Herrera from MXPX plays with Goldfinger now as basically a touring member. Not saying Skiba or Tom would be remotely interested, but I think it gets more common as these guys get older and bands are touring less.

• Like 1
51 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

I've seen a few examples of people jumping into other bands, for example Mike Herrera from MXPX plays with Goldfinger now as basically a touring member. Not saying Skiba or Tom would be remotely interested, but I think it gets more common as these guys get older and bands are touring less.

I'd say alk 3 are a little bigger than MXPX, but that's true. 

On 8/16/2020 at 9:35 AM, thongrider said:

Hmmm you may be right! I was a much bigger MXPX guy growing up than Alkaline but I've always figured they were kinda on the same tier.

• Like 3
On 8/16/2020 at 7:35 AM, thongrider said:

well you have to factor in the eras spanned. MxPx were relatively big (in the scene) 1995–2000ish. alk3 really didn't start to take off until infirmary in 2001. from 2000ish on, MxPx's fan base has dwindled with each new release. so indeed alk3 did eclipse them as they were on the rise whilst MxPx was on the decline.

5 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

well you have to factor in the eras spanned. MxPx were relatively big (in the scene) 1995–2000ish. alk3 really didn't start to take off until infirmary in 2001. from 2000ish on, MxPx's fan base has dwindled with each new release. so indeed alk3 did eclipse them as they were on the rise whilst MxPx was on the decline.

MxPX were also big among religious folks. 

36 minutes ago, thongrider said:

MxPX were also big among religious folks. 

it's funny, i grew up in a WASP-y soCal suburb. the tooth and nail scene was never very big among the kids. but MxPx was regarded by 90s parents as being "safe" to listen to. the band was probably a gateway drug for a lot of church summer camp kids to harder stuff. but once they heard bad religion it was all over. Mx who?

6 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

it's funny, i grew up in a WASP-y soCal suburb. the tooth and nail scene was never very big among the kids. but MxPx was regarded by 90s parents as being "safe" to listen to. the band was probably a gateway drug for a lot of church summer camp kids to harder stuff. but once they heard bad religion it was all over. Mx who?

Where I’m from in bfe Michigan, the only local music scene we had was Christian “punk” ala MxPx and then later Christian hardcore. So corny in my eyes. I was in a band once (not a Christian band), and a lot of the only shows we could play were at churches with these other bands. I remember drawing “Satan is my homeboy” (Making fun of that whole Jesus is my homeboy fad)on my bass drum head And really pissing a lot of people off lol 

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

Oh man I totally forgot they were affiliated with Christian rock somehow, what was the story with that? I honestly don't remember a single Christian song from them on any of the albums I had.

Mike Herrera is a pretty hardcore atheist to boot!

29 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

Oh man I totally forgot they were affiliated with Christian rock somehow, what was the story with that? I honestly don't remember a single Christian song from them on any of the albums I had.

i think they first started by releasing cds on a Christian music label. later went on to clarify that they are not a christian band, merely christians in a band. now apparently full atheist/chris-chan

• Like 1