The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

9 minutes ago, Clarke said:

I've said this before many times, but I've always found tom to oftentimes be the person that digs up great ideas and Mark's typically been the one to control them from getting out of hand.

For example, look at the song "Disaster". It's easy to imagine how this could have been a long AvA song. Sick idea though, which I feel that Mark was able to save 

Yeah, but the problem is it requires more than just cropping to make some of Tom's songs actually good. There plenty of examples on Neighborhoods and DED of songs that are enjoyable, but really needed some collaboration and outside opinion to take to the next level. Hard to do that with no producer, e-mailing back and forth... Mark salvaged what he could and left us with some pretty good music, but in the end was missing the spark they needed.

• Like 3

I left it all behind in the dead of last winter
I left it all behind but the question still lingers
So long, forgotten friends, no, you don't know the difference
Between love and submission, and I'm not that obedient

• Like 8

13 minutes ago, decisions said:

I think California made me like the Chasing Shadows EP lol...Voyager and Overload are pretty tight. Double checked to make sure I still disliked Whisper, and yes it is still bad.

Er... not sure what kind of logic that is.  That new Star Trek movie really made me like that last Star Wars movie.

• Like 2

I truly believe tom is an amazing songwriter, ofcourse he has repeated himself a lot..but he has amazing songs under his name i think.

the thing is....i dont get why he wants blink to sound so spacey and full of delay guitars.

let blink be blink.....blink has already 2 great sides that work both.....why can't he just enjoy that (the poppunk summer side, and the darker more progressive side).

why cant he just love those aspects of blink. 

I mean i played in a indierock band for a few years (my roots are more american sounding rock/punk/pop bands but i enjoy the music i've made with my band.....i would never write indiepop/indierock songs on my own.....but i understood what the band was about and what my role was and i changed up my playing and sound.....it's not 100% me, but i enjoyed the shit out of it...

how is being the guitarist/singer/founding member of blink not enough for him that he wants to do books instead....i just don't get it

(tom working with a producer would actually be really good at this point in his life)

tom really needs someone that tells him: this is where you shine, but that other thing...it doesn't work, also tom...could you say the word Voice or Time the way its supposed to be pronounced) 

• Like 5

13 hours ago, jordidanen95 said:

the chorus is what i imagined the 2006 blink record to be....if things went very different than they did

sometimes i imagine a different timeline where blink never broke up and only got more serious with experimenting in the studio. untitled felt like a real stepping stone...but till this day we don't have a record that picks up where untitled left off. this sounds pointless but that could have been the best blink record period

just imagine if it was Tom and Mark trading off in the verses yummm

9 minutes ago, jordidanen95 said:

I truly believe tom is an amazing songwriter, ofcourse he has repeated himself a lot..but he has amazing songs under his name i think.

the thing is....i dont get why he wants blink to sound so spacey and full of delay guitars.

let blink be blink.....blink has already 2 great sides that work both.....why can't he just enjoy that (the poppunk summer side, and the darker more progressive side).

why cant he just love those aspects of blink. 

I mean i played in a indierock band for a few years (my roots are more american sounding rock/punk/pop bands but i enjoy the music i've made with my band.....i would never write indiepop/indierock songs on my own.....but i understood what the band was about and what my role was and i changed up my playing and sound.....it's not 100% me, but i enjoyed the shit out of it...

how is being the guitarist/singer/founding member of blink not enough for him that he wants to do books instead....i just don't get it

(tom working with a producer would actually be really good at this point in his life)

tom really needs someone that tells him: this is where you shine, but that other thing...it doesn't work, also tom...could you say the word Voice or Time the way its supposed to be pronounced) 

and 'head', don't forget 'head' 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, M!ke said:

Er... not sure what kind of logic that is.  That new Star Trek movie really made me like that last Star Wars movie.

Well when that came out I thought it was all mediocre and boring, I was all ready for this supergroup trio to come in and be way better than anything in the realm of AVA, and then California came out and it was just awful. So then I revisited CS and think it's a decent listen, the fact that it doesn't sound like all the other modern pop-punk bands is something that I'm a bit more appreciative of now.

Also I'm not sure what you're logic is, if you watched one sci-fi movie and thought it lacked X, Y, and Z that another sci-fi that came out before had, you might appreciate that other movie more after having seen the new one. Not sure what's so illogical there.

1 hour ago, _Kyle_ said:

Oh yeah, and Mark and Travis both agreed with a break after they argued about it. He just left. I still think he wanted to control blink and he couldn't. I still think that's what the last break up was about too. He can't control Travis and Mark, so he bails.

Oh course that is what it was and it started way earlier, around TOYPAJ, and especially with BCR. Tom began to think he was the brains behind the band, his head got really big and his drug intake made it worse. Tom was certain he could make it on his own and do it even better than Blink did. Worst yet, Rick Devoe fed off his bullshit and encouraged him. So did the tombots.

By 2005, he was fucked in the head, but the entire thing was a massive failure, so he bit the bullet and went back to Blink only for money to fund his other stuff and in the hopes he could eventually take control. But his side shit continued to fail, and he never could gain the control he wanted. So again he broke off.

Now he's even more fucked up, his shit is even more of a failure, and now a Blink reunion is not an option for him.

• Like 5

lol at Tom's most recent Instagram post. Nice DeLongeion of grandeur there. 

"Oh guys I've been given the gift to tell you about these huge government secrets that will change the way the world operates, despite having no previous ties to them at all! It's all in my new 6-part book series!"

Wish he would've just stuck to music. New Blink, new Alkaline Trio, it would've been great.

I landed on the Tarmac, walked off the plane, and met a smart, fit man in his 60's. Never seen a Multi-Star General before.. Let alone talked to one. He led me to a table in the back of a large room. He leaned across the table and said "It was the Cold War, and we lived under the very real threat of Nuclear War every day... And somewhere in those years...We found a life-form." I said, "Sir, I need help telling young adults this story..." He said, "What do you need?"...."Advisors", I responded. "I need high-ranking Advisors in the Military, Intelligence and DOD to help guide me." So- I was given 10 Advisors, each with knowledge in different areas that pertain to UFOs and the very real National Security issues associated with them. I do wish the press would ask me about this, rather than write stupid headlines about Aliens... I have been given a gift, the ability to tell you all our biggest secret. It will come in books, feature films and documentaries. It's called SEKRET MACHINES. The first Novel is AVAILABLE at AMAZON and ToTheStars.Media

I wish he would make all of this post into a song and the these would be the lyrics. My fat heart would explode from laughter.

• Like 4

It's like the best dream to have
Where every thing is not so bad
Every tear is so alone
Like God himself is coming home to say

I, I can do anything
If you want me here
And I can fix any thing
If you let me near
Where are those secrets now
That you're too scared to tell
I'd whisper them all aloud
So you can hear yourself

I love he totally wrote this about himself.

go tom go

• Like 2