The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

10 minutes ago, Ghent said:

I'd have to hear what he said, but I'm guessing it's not deserving of the "pedo" label.

Yeah I don't think he's a pedo and I wouldn't call him one, but it's still creepy. 

1 hour ago, vic vinegar said:

I agree. It's weird. I side with Eminem. If MGK was 18 or so, that'd be one thing, but 21 is like a 6-year gap, which is fine... if she wasn't 15.

She was 16, turning 17 that year. He had just turned 21. I agree with it being weird, but it’s very far from «pedo». He also claimed that he wasn’t aware of her age and apologized and took down the tweet shortly after. 

6 hours ago, Speedo said:

I guess he is now. I'd never heard of him before him getting together with Travis and the people on this board pushing him. He was apparently a rapper before this but I don't know how popular or good he was, that's not really my scene.

Yeah I had heard of him as like an up and coming mediocre rapper a long time ago and then only very recently heard of him again as this pop punk revivalist with Travis. Just was curious if he's actually a big deal out in the world.

1 hour ago, Champ182 said:

Yeah I had heard of him as like an up and coming mediocre rapper a long time ago and then only very recently heard of him again as this pop punk revivalist with Travis. Just was curious if he's actually a big deal out in the world.

Yeah same, I knew of that Wild Boy song with Wacka Flocka Flame that was always playing...then that Misery Business cover was going around early quarantine...thought it kinda sucked, thought Bloody Valentine was okay. Album took me by surprise, absolutely killed it.

1 hour ago, Depf said:

you discovered him 8 years before everyone else?! tight.

please use that time machine and tell eddie to stop smoking, we lost our only chance for peace in the middle east today

It was an encounter I’ll never forget.

"Mad About You and Curb Your Enthusiasm actor Richard Kind stars alongside Casper Van Dien (Starship Troopers), Arianne Zucker (Days of Our Lives), Gabrielle Haugh (Jeepers Creepers 3) and Sports Illustrated model Camille Kostek. Newcomers Jack Samson, Jared Scott and Jack Lancaster also star."

Here's the cast of Tom's movie.  Lmao oh my god this is going to be awful.

1 minute ago, JarJarBlinks said:

"Mad About You and Curb Your Enthusiasm actor Richard Kind stars alongside Casper Van Dien (Starship Troopers), Arianne Zucker (Days of Our Lives), Gabrielle Haugh (Jeepers Creepers 3) and Sports Illustrated model Camille Kostek. Newcomers Jack Samson, Jared Scott and Jack Lancaster also star."

Here's the cast of Tom's movie.  Lmao oh my god this is going to be awful.

I mean, Richard Kind is a bigger actor than I'd expect from Tom. He was in Bombshell thats fairly recent, was in Scrubs and a load of other stuff. The rest I have no idea about. 

1 minute ago, Kay said:

I mean, Richard Kind is a bigger actor than I'd expect from Tom. He was in Bombshell thats fairly recent, was in Scrubs and a load of other stuff. The rest I have no idea about. 

Casper Van Dien is the main actor in my favorite movie of all time but that's how I know how bad this will be lol.

• Like 1

Just now, JarJarBlinks said:

Casper Van Dien is the main actor in my favorite movie of all time but that's how I know how bad this will be lol.

Well Starship Troopers is fucking awful but in a good way. I'd be chuffed for Tom if he managed a good bad movie. 

To be fair, Tom could be the next Wiseau.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Kay said:

He's also currently a voice actor in Big Mouth and has been appearing far more often as his recurring character Tuttle in American Dad these days than he used to.  I'd say he's a respectable get.

Anyway, I dunno, the premise of the movie doesn't sound bad at all, I think if I was still a teenager, I'd really be into something like this.  But there is always a big difference between an idea on paper and the final product.  Still, I'll give it an honest chance.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, M!ke said:

He's also currently a voice actor in Big Mouth and has been appearing far more often as his recurring character Tuttle in American Dad these days than he used to.  I'd say he's a respectable get.

Anyway, I dunno, the premise of the movie doesn't sound bad at all, I think if I was still a teenager, I'd really be into something like this.  But there is always a big difference between an idea on paper and the final product.  Still, I'll give it an honest chance.

Oh I forgot about that!