Jump to content
 

The Tom Delonge Thread


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 18.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Ghent

    1248

  • _Bagels whipped cream

    1155

  • Donald Trump's Bulge

    1035

  • Speedo

    992

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What people think Boxcar Racer would be like           What it would actually be like  

Here's an actual conversation between Mark and Tom from when things were going bad:    

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

the bummer is that his 2019 tour seemed to get him genuinely excited about music and touring again and then obviously the pandemic came around and put and end to that.

To me it seems like he does enjoy it when he actually is on the road doing concerts but the hard part is to actually get there.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

the bummer is that his 2019 tour seemed to get him genuinely excited about music and touring again and then obviously the pandemic came around and put and end to that.

That was like me and working out. Hitting the gym every day for six months and theeeeen gyms are closed for a year and still closed here.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

i'd be willing to bet that the label wanted them to wait until they could tour, so he jumped on that so he could take longer and then kept writing music for it because he keeps talking about being inspired. doesn't really excuse it, though.

although i'll still take this over regular blink releases i don't care for.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Champ182 said:

Exact same haha

Ugh lol. I had just started working out again last February, got in the routine just a couple weeks and then shit hit the fan. I’m just a lazy wad of fat now basically haha 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Wait so Tom closed down his auto body shop store and TTSA fell apart? Nice. One step closer to coming home. Him and Birdie will have a great time on the giant blink/MGK tour summer 2022

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Wait so Tom closed down his auto body shop store and TTSA fell apart? Nice. One step closer to coming home. Him and Birdie will have a great time on the giant blink/MGK tour summer 2022

Lol a blink/MGK tour is imminent isn’t it? I don’t even care, I’d be happy as hell to just hear concerts are a thing again!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ry-Bread said:

I'm just curious if he truly ties this all to the movie he made, or if he's doing a separate EP for that. (My hope).

Also, surely RG/K&T/ATLIL don't make this album right? They'll be quite old.

Rebel Girl is already 1 year and 9 months old hahaha

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Feeling_This_1 said:

Does anyone know when Tom's obsession with Ford trucks began? Why isn't a rock star living in California driving a Lambo? 

Lambo's dont have cool designer gear hats that fuse to your minimising hair follicles as you sweat profusely.

 

I said my piece Chrissy

  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Ry-Bread said:

I'm just curious if he truly ties this all to the movie he made, or if he's doing a separate EP for that. (My hope).

Also, surely RG/K&T/ATLIL don't make this album right? They'll be quite old.

that's what I've been wondering too. Reminds me of how the original AVA movie was supposed to be filled with We Don't Need to Whisper and I-Empire music and it took so long that it came out during the LOVE era and only used LOVE music.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Ry-Bread said:

Also, surely RG/K&T/ATLIL don't make this album right? They'll be quite old.

I’d put money on them being on it. Let’s be honest here, Tom is lazy when it comes to music these days. The WDNTW acoustic album ended up just being an ep. This album that was meant to come out ages ago is still being worked on. He will take the easy route and those songs will be on it.

And honestly based on all the other snippets we’ve heard Kiss and Tell will be the best song on the album.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Russel Coight said:

I’d put money on them being on it. Let’s be honest here, Tom is lazy when it comes to music these days. The WDNTW acoustic album ended up just being an ep. This album that was meant to come out ages ago is still being worked on. He will take the easy route and those songs will be on it.

And honestly based on all the other snippets we’ve heard Kiss and Tell will be the best song on the album.

It sucks too cus I really think that his older voice would be well suited for start the machine

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Russel Coight said:

And honestly based on all the other snippets we’ve heard Kiss and Tell will be the best song on the album.

Ah man first time I thought about this and that would be a major letdown, and that song is so good it’s possible.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

my gut tells me that the three singles will just stay as 7" releases and not be included on the new album. but if they are on the album, i think it will be like 14 songs total. 

and the record for sure won't be released alongside the movie. i would be willing to bet that never sees the light of day. but if it does, it'll take like two years for it to happen. i can't see the label allowing him to keep pushing the album to do this.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...