The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

On 2/19/2021 at 3:50 AM, Cheerios4u98 said:

I missed the whole discussion about discovering Marie is Chris Cote's ex-wife. Damn lol

I distinctly remember Tom making it seem like she didn't know who he was before they started dating.

The funniest thing about that whole discussion was that I was supposed to know who this Chris Cote fella is. 

13 minutes ago, twentytwenty said:

The funniest thing about that whole discussion was that I was supposed to know who this Chris Cote fella is. 

If you didn't know who Chris Cote was, that means you mustn't have watched Riding in Vans with Boys dozens of times and that means you're a fake fan. I don't make the rules.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

7 minutes ago, Patient #48273 said:

If you didn't know who Chris Cote was, that means you mustn't have watched Riding in Vans with Boys dozens of times and that means you're a fake fan. I don't make the rules.

Probably watched it on YouTube sometime but nothing more than that. 

Start The Machine on the other hand!! - nah, same there tbh

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Mark’s the one who writes masterpieces when he’s depressed,  not Tom. We need happy Tom lol

So sad but true, I never even realized the extent of this truth either.  They truly need eachother once again!

Tom when he's depressed writes loopy space shit that goes no where, or yodels, Tom when he's happy writes some of Blink's best hits.

Mark when he's depressed writes masterful deep lyrics and vibes like on +44 and some of blinks best hits like Adam's song, when he's too happy he writes overly plush and complacent stuff like Sober or California and gives a "fuck off" vibe.

Sometimes they meet and the middle and you get a Feeling This, or a funny song like WMAA that's slightly happy with Tom's guitar tones, but riddled in some misery with Mark's self depreciating lyrics.

• Like 1

Toms best work was written when he was high as a kite on pain meds and severely depressed (Boxcar) not really sure where this idea that he writes best happy is coming from. 

Tom happy is AVA. Its writing about love and 'landscapes' instead of like, actual real things. 

• Like 2

On 2/17/2021 at 8:41 AM, Feeling_This_1 said:

Tom made a huge mistake leaving Jen. She's as beautiful as ever and runs an honest business that doesn't involve scamming people. I've also heard she's a certified freak!

What's the point of quitting being a musician which makes millions, to waste all the free time you gained and fill it with hanging out with old men conspiracy theorists, and lose money on top of it all. No sane woman would put up with that. If you disagree with me you are sexist!

You’re a weird mother fucker. Do you have nothing better to do than sit around and ponder why Tom does this or that and what his ex wife does or what woman he’s with now ffs sake man get some real life hobbies. Buy a fishing pole or something.

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Smalls said:

You’re a weird mother fucker. Do you have nothing better to do than sit around and ponder why Tom does this or that and what his ex wife does or what woman he’s with now ffs sake man get some real life hobbies. Buy a fishing pole or something.

Nope I sometimes read 5 gossip magazines in a day about Justin Bieber and the Kardashians. What do you care anyway white knight, go be angry somewhere else

14 hours ago, Kay said:

Toms best work was written when he was high as a kite on pain meds and severely depressed (Boxcar) not really sure where this idea that he writes best happy is coming from. 

Tom happy is AVA. Its writing about love and 'landscapes' instead of like, actual real things. 

I disagree, that was obviously an awesome round of music from Tom but short lived as fuck and has been a down slope ever since.

When Tom was 'seemingly' happy (90s-pre Boxcar) he seemed much more sustainable and focused as a musician.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Feeling_This_1 said:

Nope I sometimes read 5 gossip magazines in a day about Justin Bieber and the Kardashians. What do you care anyway white knight, go be angry somewhere else

Seriously? Your excuse for being creepy is 'mm bleh white knights'

Fuck outa here forreal, you have issues.