The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

I guarantee there are a good group of Green Day fans that thought Jesus of Suburbia and the American Idiot album in general is cringe, for the exact reasons being stated.  While also casuals out there who think Untitled is blink's only good album and vise versa. There's no hatred here.

• Like 1

Fuuuuuck, Nine isn't fit to do untitled's laundry.

American idiot is my soiled boxers in the washer.

Dude Ranch is the old asian guy behind the counter, that gives me extra silky fabric softener at no extra cost...aka the GOAT.

There are levels to this game

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, _Bagel said:

Fuuuuuck, Nine isn't fit to do untitled's laundry.

American idiot is my soiled boxers in the washer.

Dude Ranch is the old asian guy behind the counter, that gives me extra silky fabric softener at no extra cost...aka the GOAT.

There are levels to this game

Untitled is the maid who failed to keep up with all the dirty laundry from EOTS and TOYPAJ, and thus the reason we’re left with this shitty variation of blink today. Fuck untitled!

• Haha 1
  • Crab 1

Just now, Mohammad Wall-E said:

Untitled is the maid who failed to keep up with all the dirty laundry from EOTS and TOYPAJ, and thus the reason we’re left with this shitty variation of blink today. Fuck untitled!

When you think about it. Boxcar Racer and Untitled are like cousins or something. They're distinctly related, and Boxcar is where the laundry basket imploded. If Tom COMMUNICATED Boxcar to Mark, I wonder what could have been. That was so dysfunctional, I couldn't get my head round it 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, _Bagel said:

When you think about it. Boxcar Racer and Untitled are like cousins or something. They're distinctly related, and Boxcar is where the laundry basket imploded. If Tom COMMUNICATED Boxcar to Mark, I wonder what could have been. That was so dysfunctional, I couldn't get my head round it 

Yea that was a shitty move, Mark had a reason to be hurt about it 

1 minute ago, Mohammad Wall-E said:

Yea that was a shitty move, Mark had a reason to be hurt about it 

If my best mate/creative partner for ten years started another band in secret, all because he felt what we were doing meant he wasn't pushing himself and couldn't communicate that with me - I would feel fucked up, for a long time. To top it all off, he kep it secret with the OTHER guy in our band. Tom should have said he felt TOYPAJ was too much of the same, I think Mark would have listened.

How he went about it, trust is eroded and it just leads to insecurity, jealousy and self doubt...all resulting in a fat bowl of resentment.

• Sad 2

1 minute ago, _Bagel said:

If my best mate/creative partner for ten years started another band in secret, all because he felt what we were doing meant he wasn't pushing himself and couldn't communicate that with me - I would feel fucked up, for a long time. To top it all off, he kep it secret with the OTHER guy in our band. Tom should have said he felt TOYPAJ was too much of the same, I think Mark would have listened.

How he went about it, trust is eroded and it just leads to insecurity, jealousy and self doubt...all resulting in a fat bowl of resentment.

Yea and to top it off a bunch of your fans loved the boxcar album...yea I would have been feeling worthless and insecure and all that shit too 

Dude ranch is  blinks best album , songwise

Green day can get in the fucking bin. I can't listen to more than 30 seconds of billie joe's vocals without wanting to kill myself. Him and tre cool have more arrogance in their litttle finger than all of blink members combined. Mike dirnt is a cool dude.

Untitled is overrated though. I overrate it too, but it was a special album for me. Objectively its still great but not as great as many people make it out to be.

I just heard jesus of suburbia in my head after reading some of these posts and my mood is ruined. So cringe

Moooving on

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Neal said:

Green day can get in the fucking bin. I can't listen to more than 30 seconds of billie joe's vocals without wanting to kill myself. Him and tre cool have more arrogance in their litttle finger than all of blink members combined. Mike dirnt is a cool dude.

Untitled is overrated though. I overrate it too, but it was a special album for me. Objectively its still great but not as great as many people make it out to be.

I just heard jesus of suburbia in my head after reading some of these posts and my mood is ruined. So cringe

Moooving on

Lol how can you say Bj’s vocals are annoying yet you’re a Tom DeLonge fan? Let’s try to be a little more self-aware here alright?

• Crab 1

1 minute ago, Depf said:

In an alternate universe Mark realizes Travis is every bit as much at fault and records a fun dude ranchy ep with scott and matt (and/or me).

basically what i envision for blink in 2022

I hear you've got the nasally chops of 97' Delonge. Get your dickies on and get to work boi

3 minutes ago, Neal said:

Moooving on

This summarises the whole thing. Dude Ranch is the crowning glory. Tre Cool has the personality of a gangrenous foot. Billy Joe's wannabe Sex Pistol accent is cringe. 

Untitled may not live up to it's rep, but being great and enciting those feelings means it kills Nine.

I'm the son of rage and love 

• Like 1

Lol how can you say Bj’s vocals are annoying yet you’re a Tom DeLonge fan? Let’s try to be a little more self-aware here alright?

It depends on which version of vocals we are talking about ... pre-I-Empire Tom was great but so was Pre-American Idiot BJ. They are both annoying now, Billie just got there first. Besides, Tom did alright with Kiss & Tell. 

The reason why Tom's accent wasn't annoying is because he was a high pitched fuck that sang through his throat. His voice was genuine, his little so cal inflections too. Billy Joe wets his Sex Pistols bedsheets at night

• Wow 1

Im not buying the sex pistol rip off vocals argument. He’s never once reminded me of Sex Pistols. Toms accent can hardly be called Genuine. I mean, blink is known for having one of the whiniest, most annoying vocalists in the history of rock, and it ain’t because of Mark 

5 minutes ago, Mohammad Wall-E said:

How are you still posting on here after making a fool out of yourself every day? 

I find bj's vocals annoying, i like most of toms studio vocals. Cry me a river, wierdo

2 minutes ago, Neal said:

How are you still posting on here after making a fool out of yourself every day? 

I find bj's vocals annoying, i like most of toms studio vocals. Cry me a river, wierdo

I don’t make a fool of myself, that’s your opinion but you’re wrong. I am glad you like the vocals of one of the shittiest vocalists of all time, cool thing to Be proud of, while at the same time trashing someone who can sing 100x better....weirdo 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Mohammad Wall-E said:

Im not buying the sex pistol rip off vocals argument. He’s never once reminded me of Sex Pistols. Toms accent can hardly be called Genuine. I mean, blink is known for having one of the whiniest, most annoying vocalists in the history of rock, and it ain’t because of Mark 

Maybe he's just a terrible impressionist? 

• Haha 1

Have you ever made up an opinion by yourself? It seems like you're constantly bringing up what people on youtube or reddit say.

• Wow 1

Just now, Neal said:

Have you ever made up an opinion by yourself? It seems like you're constantly bringing up what people on youtube or reddit say.

I always talk for myself. Nice try tho genius. I’m guessing you only said that because I brought up YouTube comments last week. You’re a lame