• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ghent

• Yang Gang was Punk Rock

• Donald Trump's Bulge

• Slevin Seconds

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What people think Boxcar Racer would be like           What it would actually be like  

The only way Tom should be allowed back in the band is if he climbs that same street light to impress Mark this time.   *broken ankles are optional.

Posted Images

American Idiot is easily one of the most overrated pieces of shit. Seriously, people bumming that album is so eye roll inducing.

I've never had Untitled as my 'favourite' blink album, I always hold Dude Ranch and TOYPAJ above it, but Untitled is an important album and a fucking good album and Nine and California don't come remotely close to it. or any other blink album. They just fucking don't. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, Kay said:

American Idiot is easily one of the most overrated pieces of shit. Seriously, people bumming that album is so eye roll inducing.

I've never had Untitled as my 'favourite' blink album, I always hold Dude Ranch and TOYPAJ above it, but Untitled is an important album and a fucking good album and Nine and California don't come remotely close to it. or any other blink album. They just fucking don't. 

That’s just your opinion. I remember hating on AI because it did so well commercially as well, but then I realized it’s just purely better than Untitled, by a long shot. Blink didn’t do anything new or outstanding, it was just new for them. Big whoopity do!

• Crab 2

My thing with Untitled is that it gave me something I never asked for as a fan. I didn't need blink to grow up or be taken seriously.

I love the album, it's their creative high water mark, but I never needed blink to enter a dark angsty emo era where they hated each other and then broke up.

It also brought in a lot of douchy fans.

It's complicated for me.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Ghent said:

My thing with Untitled is that it gave me something I never asked for as a fan. I didn't need blink to grow up or be taken seriously.

I love the album, it's their creative high water mark, but I never needed blink to enter a dark angsty emo era where they hated each other and then broke up.

It's complicated for me.

You bring some very nice points here 

4 minutes ago, Spee-doh said:

Depfs playlist (1039-insomniac +waiting) is Green Day's masterpiece.

agreed

I'm all for inclusion and whatnot but ranking AI above untitled is like making black people sit in the back of the bus. you just don't do that.  prick

5 minutes ago, Ghent said:

It's complicated for me.

The fans it brought in was complicated, because they would always try to discredit earlier blink, or not associate with it, when that was the real blink to begin with..

I feel similarly, because I love the album to death, but it truly was the beginning of the end of blink, or what killed it, and they could never go back to the fun days (thanks for admitting California is a sham), and in retrospect, the earlier stuff made me happier, and now will always just be a distant memory of time.  Idk if I'd trade it for a couple more fun silly albums, or if it needed to be happy, it's interesting 

2 minutes ago, Ghent said:

I'd trade Untitled and a break up for 3 more TOYPAJs in the 2000s any day.

You say that, but what if it would have gotten stale and untitled was what made those albums so great in retrospect for the contrast? 

Considering we only got 2 albums like that, I would be inclined to agree though, we deserved at least 4 total..and the breakup never was resolved, not that it had to be perfect, but Tom is so friggin stubborn it seems we will never have that happy ending or anything close to it.

i went from worshipping American Idiot to hating on American Idiot to enjoying the hell out of American Idiot again. Jesus of Suburbia is a masterpiece for a band of Green Day's style and BJA's songwriting ability. i'd take that one song over the entirety of Untitled any day tbh. except maybe I Miss You.

• Like 1
  • Crab 1