The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

2 minutes ago, twentytwenty said:

I'm taking it as neither of the already released singles is included on the album

I mean it has been 2 years so it would be kind of silly, but Rebel Girl and Kiss & Tell were some of Tom's best work in some time so I hope they do live on.

Even if one song was about his friends former wife..

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Yang Gun Kelly said:

I mean it has been 2 years so it would be kind of silly, but Rebel Girl and Kiss & Tell were some of Tom's best work in some time so I hope they do live on.

Even if one song was about his friends former wife..

I'm kinda glad they're not included as it would have meant only 7 or something new songs. So I'm all for it

7 minutes ago, NotNow said:

You guys are naive. They’re definitely on the album. What’s to hope for is that there’s 10 songs additionally to the already released songs. There’s no reason not to put the songs on the album.

He stated with different words that they're not on the album. 

"@angelsandairwaveshas a new album coming. Three years in the making, and we are now planning the drop of the first single, multiple music videos, and a world tour."

2 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

Yeah I think they’ll be on the album 100%, just thinking *surely* they do not count towards the “10”...

At minimum I could see a DLX edition including them which would be fine.

Deluxe edition is probably right. "We are now planning the drop of the first single" sounds to me at least that they're not included in the "original" album at least

3 minutes ago, Yang Gun Kelly said:

Maybe the album is just literally remixes of Rebel Girl, K&T, All Thats Left Is Love..just like the Stomping the Brake Pedal thing.

Underrated remix album btw.  A lot of songs were better on there.

Surrender is actually good remixed, the original sucks. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, twentytwenty said:

He stated with different words that they're not on the album. 

"@angelsandairwaveshas a new album coming. Three years in the making, and we are now planning the drop of the first single, multiple music videos, and a world tour."

He’s literally been saying for two years that these songs are not singles. In every interview he’s talked about them he refers to them as not singles but they’re for the album.

Timeline:

- Rebel Girl originally released as possibly the first single. I believe they quickly realized the album would not be coming out at the end of the year in 2019 and retconned that to just being a promotional thing for the return of Ava and tour.

- kiss and tell as a promotional song for the 2019 tour

- all that’s left is love was an album song he had and just wanted to release something for covid

He defines a single as the radio single promoted by the label specifically used to promote the release of the album. This will be the first one. You can find interviews from him saying the first actual single of the album was yet to come all the way back to the very end of 2019. At the time it was Timebomb.

I’m just saying be ready for disappointment. They’ll be on the actual album as he’s said countless times up until last fall I believe was the most recent time he said it, and hopefully do not count towards the ten songs.

• Like 1
  • Crab 1

11 minutes ago, Feeling_This_1 said:

A creepy jealous loser like you shouldn't throw stones

No one is jealous of you, not even just here on the boards either ... CNN took a poll, 14% of Americans hate you, the other 86% forgot you exist. 

• Like 1

Tom's guitar tech Doug is fighting for his life according to Facebook. His family wrote that he is in liver failure and severe pneumonia and his wife has been abusing him and neglected to take action on getting him well. They have limited information because she has blocked all family and friends from seeing him. 

It's crazy. Doug was always so nice handing guitar picks at every show.

• Sad 9