Jump to content
 

The Tom Delonge Thread


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, prankerd14 said:

It feels like he hated every moment of ava, felt embarrassed for his mate that auditioned twice and didnt even get to jam or play his guitar lol

Tom just comes across like a difficult pretentious asshole tbh! 

He completely hates matt lol im guessing because tom picked him over his mate, the cheer leader comment was funny, shows that tom and ilan do all the work and let no1 else in!

Anyone who sticks up for tom on the whole blink situation should understand hes a pain in the ass and will just ghost you if you dont agree with him.

I only heard the ava part is the bcr part any better? 

No, lol. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 18.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Ghent

    1248

  • _Bagels whipped cream

    1155

  • Donald Trump's Bulge

    1035

  • Speedo

    992

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What people think Boxcar Racer would be like           What it would actually be like  

Here's an actual conversation between Mark and Tom from when things were going bad:    

Posted Images

1 hour ago, prankerd14 said:

It feels like he hated every moment of ava, felt embarrassed for his mate that auditioned twice and didnt even get to jam or play his guitar lol

Tom just comes across like a difficult pretentious asshole tbh! 

He completely hates matt lol im guessing because tom picked him over his mate, the cheer leader comment was funny, shows that tom and ilan do all the work and let no1 else in!

Anyone who sticks up for tom on the whole blink situation should understand hes a pain in the ass and will just ghost you if you dont agree with him.

I only heard the ava part is the bcr part any better? 

Tom life 4 life!

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, kibbles said:

Right after Matt quit 30 seconds to Mars toured for like 3 years straight or some shit and got some Guinness record for touring lol. Their music took a gigantic shit though and I believe now it's literally just Jared and his brother on stage

Yeah I think it was the record for most shows on a single tour or something like that with over 300 shows.

Link to post
Share on other sites

lol what podcast did you guys listen to? nothing we didn't know already. also david sounds very happy with his role in ava.

some of you guys are just so desperate to find dirt on tom, it's pathetic. It's been no secret that tom needs to have 100% control, and that only he and ilan are recording 90% of the time (i think matt recorded some bass this time around).....

big deal.

david gets to play sold out club tours once in a while without beeing particularly talented nor bringing anything to the table. no wonder he's happy. also his coffe business profits a lot of the fanbase.  tom could literally hire anybody else to play a power chord here and there.

 

 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

Really gunning for head Tombot lately ain’t ya?

proud tombot since day one. only dude from blink that still knows how to write a catchy tune.

nobodie's forced to listen to his music nor to play in his band. i don't get the outrage. david could quit anytime if it was so horrible

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah David actaully seems pretty content with the AVA situation. He likes what he does now and doesn't want music to be his whole focus anymore. Sounds like a good deal to me.

Also, he said AVA has a tour planned for this fall! Obviously we can't know for sure yet if that will happen, but I hope it does!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Neal said:

lol what podcast did you guys listen to? nothing we didn't know already. also david sounds very happy with his role in ava.

some of you guys are just so desperate to find dirt on tom, it's pathetic. It's been no secret that tom needs to have 100% control, and that only he and ilan are recording 90% of the time (i think matt recorded some bass this time around).....

big deal.

david gets to play sold out club tours once in a while without beeing particularly talented nor bringing anything to the table. no wonder he's happy. also his coffe business profits a lot of the fanbase.  tom could literally hire anybody else to play a power chord here and there.

 

 

Yeah, it seems like people are trying to find a needle in a haystack. All in all, David is pretty hard to listen to in these type of situations imo.

Matt definitely did record bass on the album, there's been multiple pictures of that along the way

36 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Yeah David actaully seems pretty content with the AVA situation. He likes what he does now and doesn't want music to be his whole focus anymore. Sounds like a good deal to me.

Also, he said AVA has a tour planned for this fall! Obviously we can't know for sure yet if that will happen, but I hope it does!

If he wasn't happy with his situation he wouldn't go throwing that cheerleader analogy around every chance he gets. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Neal said:

lol what podcast did you guys listen to? nothing we didn't know already. also david sounds very happy with his role in ava.

some of you guys are just so desperate to find dirt on tom, it's pathetic. It's been no secret that tom needs to have 100% control, and that only he and ilan are recording 90% of the time (i think matt recorded some bass this time around).....

big deal.

david gets to play sold out club tours once in a while without beeing particularly talented nor bringing anything to the table. no wonder he's happy. also his coffe business profits a lot of the fanbase.  tom could literally hire anybody else to play a power chord here and there.

 

 

The fact that he did an interview for toms documentary and he found it difficult to find anything good to look back on, that it all was basically a chore and a job...

He felt embarrassed for bringing his mate in for auditions..

The awkward cheerleader line, that didnt sound like he was happy being in that role at all! He had just accepted it.

How he described tom just ghosting him in 2013 " they didnt speak to me and i didnt speak to them" 

 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Neal said:

I listened to the podcast. Tom seems to be incredibly difficult to work with. We know that since 2005...

Just based on what other people have said(I still haven’t listened) It doesn’t really seem like anyone is saying this is new information though. Just that it’s interesting to hear and kinda further reaffirms the notion that Tom is a kind of a huge cunt to any of his friends or band mates. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think you’re all trying to spin it negatively. David didn’t seem upset about any of it. He’s just kind of awkward with his words and always has been. That’s how he was on Modlife, that’s how he was when I met him. That’s how he was on the Start the Machine documentary and on the commentary. He said at the start this is only the second podcast he’s ever done. He’s not comfortable doing interviews and stuff because I think he struggles to get the right words out. Even before the band talk started he was still being awkward like that just talking about his life. That’s just how he is. On paper those bullet points look bad but actually listening to him he seemed pretty happy about all of it and he’s excited for the potential fall tour.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

So yeah, like , we dont talk you know? Its one of those kinda things.

I have like, um, a lot of coffee beans, cause thats what keeps the light on, like, you know,  career wise.

So it's good to get the call every 39 months to play a chord while, like, wearing matching outfits and gear to , like , tom. Pretty sweet deal.

 

 

This dude is either a brilliant stoner or needs to be told to look left and right instead of up and down before crossing the street. 

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...