The Tom Delonge Thread

1 hour ago, Champ182 said:

I thought he mentioned that it was a sinus issue in the past, but either way it's kinda fascinating to wonder if that could be part of the reason his voice went to absolute shit over the past 15+ years. I truly don't know of another singer who just completely lost the ability to sound like themselves or carry a tune the way Tom did.

It's called illuminati bud, blink was a government project, I've never seen someone look more like a CIA agent than Mark.

Tom's was pretty dramatic though, there's been a couple. Elton John, Corey Taylor, Lil Wayne (lol), James Hetfield, Eminem, Taking Back Sunday (better though imo)

Tom's might be the biggest now that I think about it.. Others just get slightly lower or stopped making music altogether.

• Haha 1
  • Replies 19k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ghent

• _Bagels whipped cream

• Donald Trump's Bulge

• Speedo

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What people think Boxcar Racer would be like           What it would actually be like  

Here's an actual conversation between Mark and Tom from when things were going bad:    

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Champ182 said:

I thought he mentioned that it was a sinus issue in the past, but either way it's kinda fascinating to wonder if that could be part of the reason his voice went to absolute shit over the past 15+ years. I truly don't know of another singer who just completely lost the ability to sound like themselves or carry a tune the way Tom did.

he has, i think it was even in the urethra chronicles pt 2 that Tom sees doctors for it. 

42 minutes ago, TOYPA Krampus 182 said:

Tom apologist.

I mean I personally thought there was something slightly more to it myself, just not drugs. I’m just saying this isn’t new news.

also the ava album is actually 12 songs yay

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

damn bro, Tom is playing in DROP D. So post-hardcore, AVA is the next Fugazi but more visionary.

I remember in 8th grade our band thinking we were the most hardcore because we discovered drop D.

Which is essentially is standard, unless Tom is going ham on the open palm mutes..

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, TOYPA Krampus 182 said:

I remember in 8th grade our band thinking we were the most hardcore because we discovered drop D.

Which is essentially is standard, unless Tom is going ham on the open palm mutes..

Standard tuning is Standard, Jan.

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, Elisa said:

Imagine getting your hopes up for an unreleased BCR song and then the song is Mandy or Dance With Me 

“We did it over the past couple years” sounds like it’s completely new. Maybe it was planned for it to be with the vinyl release and shit just didn’t pan out. 

In any case, hyped for an unreleased studio recording with Travis.

6 minutes ago, Elisa said:

Imagine getting your hopes up for an unreleased BCR song and then the song is Mandy or Dance With Me 

I'd take Dance With Me, honestly. I loved that song and hated it only ever had a shitty live rip. 

• Like 4
6 minutes ago, Hex said:

I'd take Dance With Me, honestly. I loved that song and hated it only ever had a shitty live rip. 

I would love to hear a studio version of that song! 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, kibbles said:

“We did it over the past couple years” sounds like it’s completely new. Maybe it was planned for it to be with the vinyl release and shit just didn’t pan out. 

In any case, hyped for an unreleased studio recording with Travis.

Yeah, I just listened to the interview and he said the song was made a couple of years ago with Travis. That's hype for sure.

• Wow 1
4 hours ago, TOYPA meet Krampus said:

It's called illuminati bud, blink was a government project, I've never seen someone look more like a CIA agent than Mark.

Tom's was pretty dramatic though, there's been a couple. Elton John, Corey Taylor, Lil Wayne (lol), James Hetfield, Eminem, Taking Back Sunday (better though imo)

Tom's might be the biggest now that I think about it.. Others just get slightly lower or stopped making music altogether.

Yeah but Corey hurt his voice with screaming, Elton John got a different voice after surgery on the vocal chords, Eminem sound like himself to me, just older. I agree about Adam Lazzara

29 minutes ago, TOYPA meet Krampus said:

This Euphoria riff is getting hyped now, it better be good.  In Tom we trust with this.

Drop D makes me nervous as it draws dangerously close to Deftones and nu-metal territory... but I can't wait to hear it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1