Jump to content
 

The Tom Delonge Thread


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 18.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Ghent

    1248

  • _Bagels whipped cream

    1155

  • Donald Trump's Bulge

    1035

  • Speedo

    992

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What people think Boxcar Racer would be like           What it would actually be like  

Here's an actual conversation between Mark and Tom from when things were going bad:    

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

meh, I already have the record on vinyl and it was significantly cheaper than that.

But was it ordered 6 months in advance so that it could be pressed super cheap in china?

 

Well at least this is several leagues below the stars scam.

Please never leave Skiba, we love you. we need you

Link to post
Share on other sites

how it started:

17 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

hell, anything BCR related at this point would get me hyped. One shitty piece of new Box Car merch? I'll take it!

 

how it’s going:

2 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

meh, I already have the record on vinyl and it was significantly cheaper than that.

 

 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Depf said:

But was it ordered 6 months in advance so that it could be pressed super cheap in china?

 

Well at least this is several leagues below the stars scam.

Please never leave Skiba, we love you. we need you

to be fair, you're probably wrong about a lot of this. i doubt it's being "pressed super cheap in china." 

due to pressing plants and lacquer facilities ceasing to exist in the US, it's taking 6+ months to press any vinyl at all because it's mostly being done by pressing plants in Europe (Not China). combine this backup with covid and you have massive delays. i'm not sure if they are charging more for services either.

regardless, i'm sure they are tacking an extra $30 on for the lame signed print, though. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

the fuck outta here covid.

he waits to see how many he can sell for sure. min risk, full reward.

Even if it was Jorge and Günther and not Li that pressed it and put a big T as a autograph on it, thats still a shitty way to spend 70$.

Fuckers got our hopes up for new songs yet again and i need to vent. no lols here, i have the full popped out vein + german accent going atm.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, wannabe corn dog said:

damn don't buy it then lol. i got mine for $12 at the mall in like 2009 so i personally don't care what people have to spend to get one now. 

same. hot topic in 2010. never needed another copy. sounds fabulous too

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, wannabe corn dog said:

damn don't buy it then lol. i got mine for $12 at the mall in like 2009 so i personally don't care what people have to spend to get one now. 

I don't really see what me being childishly upset over the mini hype letdown that is "new Bcr" has got to do with who bought what for how much.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

So it'll be out next year?  Guess any hope for a proper 20th anniversary edition with maybe the unreleased song isn't in the cards. 

I don't get it,  they're talking about this unreleased BCR song all of a sudden, making it sound like it's gonna be released any day, and then when we get news of a new BCR release in the form of a vinyl repress, coming out 20 years after the original album released, and the unreleased song is nowhere to be found.  The most logical place to put it and they're just passing up the opportunity. If Tom is looking for the right place and time to release the track, I really can't fathom where else would be better. Plus, that one track alone could attract a lot more fans to the vinyl repress, even at a $70 price point. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

travis mentioned the song existing a few years ago and a radio host recently asked tom about it during an interview. he wasn't necessarily hyping it or promising some cool 20th anniversary thing at all. he didn't even know it was the albums anniversary 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, wannabe corn dog said:

travis mentioned the song existing a few years ago and a radio host recently asked tom about it during an interview. he wasn't necessarily hyping it or promising some cool 20th anniversary thing at all. he didn't even know it was the albums anniversary 

But Tom literally said: “I think whenever the time’s right or it makes sense, we’re gonna release it."

Making this repress instead a proper 20th anniversary release would clearly be the right time and where it would make most sense to include it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm genuinely shocked that Tom and Travis allegedly wrote and recorded a Box Car Racer song!? WTF that is pretty gigantic news.

I know Travis has said random vague shit in the past like "maybe we'll do Box Car Racer again someday" but there was never anything solid right?

  • Wow 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, M!ke said:

But Tom literally said: “I think whenever the time’s right or it makes sense, we’re gonna release it."

Making this repress instead a proper 20th anniversary release would clearly be the right time and where it would make most sense to include it. 

Didnt david Kennedy literally say in a podcast last month that when tom records, that all the songs hes had or worked on end up on the album, theres never any left or scrapped.. something like that..

 

So i doubt there's any unreleased box car song... if there was any id think it would of been used for the untitled record in some way shape or form.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, prankerd14 said:

Didnt david Kennedy literally say in a podcast last month that when tom records, that all the songs hes had or worked on end up on the album, theres never any left or scrapped.. something like that..

 

So i doubt there's any unreleased box car song... if there was any id think it would of been used for the untitled record in some way shape or form.

Enema, Dude Ranch & Untitled all had songs that were scrapped or didn't make the album ... BCR had Dance With Me.

Edited by Speedo
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...