The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

Pretty decent! I give it a 5/10 or so. I have basically zero expectations for AVA so I've actually "enjoyed" all 3 of the songs we've heard from this album. Not enough to listen to them more than a couple times each, but at least they don't make me want to laugh/cry/barf.

I do agree that his bandmate seems to be the driving force in songwriting now. The style doesn't really seem natural for Tom and doesn't really suit my tastes but at least it's aiming for something other than Diet U2

9 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

Pretty decent! I give it a 5/10 or so. I have basically zero expectations for AVA so I've actually "enjoyed" all 3 of the songs we've heard from this album. Not enough to listen to them more than a couple times each, but at least they don't make me want to laugh/cry/barf.

I do agree that his bandmate seems to be the driving force in songwriting now. The style doesn't really seem natural for Tom and doesn't really suit my tastes but at least it's aiming for something other than Diet U2

I kinda miss diet U2.  I miss the WDNTW or I-Empire sound.  But I guess all of those ideas were the last of what he had for blink before that well dried up.

• Like 1

To be honest I'm used to how his voice has settled the last few years. It's not as good as his old voice obviously but I don't really care about it now. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Kay said:

To be honest I'm used to how his voice has settled the last few years. It's not as good as his old voice obviously but I don't really care about it now. 

It's funny, my snobby musician friends who hated his voice and Blink back in the day say he has a good singing voice now.  They probably don't listen to it enough to hear the dying cat moments, but I showed them Rebel Girl one day and both stated that.

25 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

I kinda miss diet U2.  I miss the WDNTW or I-Empire sound.  But I guess all of those ideas were the last of what he had for blink before that well dried up.

Chasing Shadows > WDNTW/I-Empire days > RG/K&T Tom > Dreamwalker Tom > diet U2 aka Love > dying cats and yodels

16 minutes ago, Jan is lost on Lost said:

Did anyone else miss this one?

Whatever it is, I like it.

i think they fucked up majorly by sacrificing this song to some garbage edm mashup. if this was a normal ava song then it could have been the lead single. paper thin has classic tom melodies that get stuck in your head. euphoria barely even has a chorus.

All that proves is that Tom needs to be working with a modern, non-henchman producer. Besides the EDM crap, yeah that is good. But it's only good because he's not allowed to do what he wants lol.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Feldmann producing Mark Tom and Travis would result in some good shit. Tom would cancel out some of the excessive Feldmann influence.

And Feldman would probably cancel out some of the weak ass shit Tom comes up with and force him to put his balls back in his nut sack. I actually really like the idea 

• Like 2