The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

I wonder what I'm missing. To me... it's as forgettable as Quarantine. I instantly wanted to listen to Rebel Girl again (tho that's faded after two years). Kiss and Tell  banged immediately and still bops. 

ATLIL and this can get in the proverbial bin

9 minutes ago, Jan is lost on Lost said:

The lyrics are actually pretty good. 

Song grows, def better on spotify, not the greatest song ever. Bridge is pretty good.  Agreed last chorus is best.

Paper Thin is so good though, shocked at Tom's batting average right now.  RG>K&T>Paper Thin>Euphoria>ATLIL

How did you miss paper thin? It was heavily advertised last fall 

9 minutes ago, Jan is lost on Lost said:

The lyrics are actually pretty good. 

Song grows, def better on spotify, not the greatest song ever. Bridge is pretty good.  Agreed last chorus is best.

Paper Thin is so good though, shocked at Tom's batting average right now.  RG>K&T>Paper Thin>Euphoria>ATLIL

How did you miss paper thin? It was heavily advertised last fall 

19 minutes ago, wannabe corn dog said:

i think its still better than the majority of older non-single ava songs and feldmann era blink songs. 

This. Just sort of sits in the middle. At the end of the day, it's more interesting than anything they peddle on California Deluxe because it's Tom's weird poetry writing and not Feldmann, but it's just okay sonically.

i got curious. i'm watching the video now. the song is a complete meh-train. Tom's thin vocals are atrocious (what's new?) and he can't carry a song like this with whatever vigor he's trying to harness. it ultimately dead in the water there. seeing as there is little to no actual melody and just coasts on production that aim to stimulate but rather assaults the ears, it doesn't actually ruin it as there's nothing really wasted.

the actual video does replicate that energy with lots of lighting and quick cuts that half haphazardly tells a story of some model who kills her man and rides off with a dude on a motorcycle. so I guess it's under the skin but set in L.A.? also tom please take off that stupid hat.

still better than current blink songs and somehow less embarrassing. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, _Bagel said:

I wonder what I'm missing. To me... it's as forgettable as Quarantine. I instantly wanted to listen to Rebel Girl again (tho that's faded after two years). Kiss and Tell  banged immediately and still bops. 

ATLIL and this can get in the proverbial bin

It's just different, it might grow a bit once you drop out any hype.  It's definitely a if it comes on it comes on for me though

• Like 1

First thought was why Tom would sing it this high - it's going to be funny live

Secondly, it was fun - while it's not the kind of thing I would choose to listen to I'll always keep coming back to blink-related stuff for interest sake and I like that Ilan has helped Angels progress and explore different ideas and chord progressions.

• Like 2

The empire club is livid, they paid $90 for the membership, had to add 200 more dollars to get into the venue early for merch and to watch the soundcheck, but they can't meet the band and many of them weren't even able to get the tickets on the pre-sale because there weren't many tickets available for the club. 

• Haha 4
  • Wow 2

25 minutes ago, Elisa said:

The empire club is livid, they paid $90 for the membership, had to add 200 more dollars to get into the venue early for merch and to watch the soundcheck, but they can't meet the band and many of them weren't even able to get the tickets on the pre-sale because there weren't many tickets available for the club. 

Tom is such a fucking scammer.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Elisa said:

The club will fail.

Tom never sticks with the same idea for that long. Gets bored and moves on to the next project..... this time he's scamming people out of money and hoping it funds his next project. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Elisa said:

175 for a concert ticket, not a festival - a damn concert.  People are just stupid. There’s nothing more to say about that