The Tom Delonge Thread

Shit Poster

19 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Pretty crazy that AVA's first single is still the best song the band has put out. It's the only song that has been even somewhat worthy of putting blink through all the shit that it did IMO.

Are you talking about Adventure or Rebel Girl?  I agree on the latter, but Adventure drags man.  Definitely not worth the breakup for that song.

Secret Crowds, Voyager, It Hurts, Mercenaries, Teenagers & Rituals are better too.

10 minutes ago, _Bagels whipped cream said:

Are you talking about Adventure or Rebel Girl?  I agree on the latter, but Adventure drags man.  Definitely not worth the breakup for that song.

Secret Crowds, Voyager, It Hurts, Mercenaries, Teenagers & Rituals are better too.

Rebel Girl is an embarrassment lol

• Like 3
  • Crab 1

I liked a lot of AVA's first and second albums, they're pretty good.  It astonishes me that anyone could get any enjoyment out of any album they've released since, outside of the one or two decent songs per record.  This song is like a carbon copy of 'dry your eyes'.  Much like the last single, this stinks.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Lmao, good one. The shoe fits my little Tombot

No need to be such a negative hater. Have a bit more respect for the genius founder of Blink responsible for most of their greatest hits. Sounds like YoU'rE nOt A rEaL fAn.

55 minutes ago, FAPLORD said:

It's basically the same notes if I recall correctly. I don't know, I never listened to that shit song. I just remember hearing it briefly and also seeing a bunch of people accuse him of ripping off Anthem Pt. 2 with it. Take it how ya want it. 

I know how you wanna take it! You slut!

• Love 1

On the live Tom explained he had 13 songs. 3 weren’t finished so they’ll come out on a deluxe at a later date likely with the movie like they did with love. How he didn’t have 13 finished after three and a half years idk. But it kind of sounded like the label forced his hand to turn in what he had.

41 minutes ago, NotNow said:

On the live Tom explained he had 13 songs. 3 weren’t finished so they’ll come out on a deluxe at a later date likely with the movie like they did with love. How he didn’t have 13 finished after three and a half years idk. But it kind of sounded like the label forced his hand to turn in what he had.

Well yea, Tom signed a contract with them. They can't just let him renege on his contract and never release music, which is what would happen if they didn't "force his hand." 

• Like 1

you have to join the $50 tier if you want to get the presale to the shows and that's a dick move. it's interesting to see a lot of people moving to a higher tier today because they want the presale, there are so many things wrong with this empire club

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, FAPLORD said:

Well yea, Tom signed a contract with them. They can't just let him renege on his contract and never release music, which is what would happen if they didn't "force his hand." 

Yea that was implicitly understood, were all aware of how a label works.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, _Bagels whipped cream said:

lol Rebel Girl sucks and Tom isn't even playing guitar on it 

7 minutes ago, Elisa said:

there are so many things wrong with this empire club

or he could just ditch it, start a discord server and hang out on twitch and give all the money to charity.

delonge is a snake oil salesman. he's been one since the first preview drop of "the adventure."

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Crab 1

4 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

or he could just ditch it, start a discord server and hang out on twitch and give all the money to charity.

delonge is a snake oil salesman. he's been one since the first preview drop of "the adventure."

Exactly. His M.O. is to overpromise and underdeliver. 

• Like 2