The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

43 minutes ago, wannabe corn dog said:

unpopular opinion - tom sounds "good" in these videos. i think the sinus surgery helped him breathe more. i didn't think he'd be able to sing this song at all. the live mix recorded through an iphone or whatever makes it sound way worse than it probably is. 

also, timebomb has a ghost on the dance floor sound to me. i like it.

That’s going to be the popular opinion amongst your fellow Tom Bots. To anyone with an unbiased ear he still sounds like trash 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, FAPLORD said:

That’s going to be the popular opinion amongst your fellow Tom Bots. To anyone with an unbiased ear he still sounds like trash 

No ones saying he sounds amazing, but compared to most of his live performances of the last like, 12 years or so, it's on the up. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, twentytwenty said:

Musically, they have never sounded this good live. It's kinda crazy how much of a lift they got with Ilan and Matt.

But yeah, Tom is clearly no Katy Perry, even if he believe as much himself judging on how they built the stage for this tour.

Lol as if Katy Perry is the example for good live singing. 

also, sounds like AvA is using multiple back tracks. Lame!

34 minutes ago, FAPLORD said:

Lol as if Katy Perry is the example for good live singing. 

also, sounds like AvA is using multiple back tracks. Lame!

Blink play along to full backing tracks all the time now. 

23 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

AVA using backing tracks makes sense to me. With that kind of music, you kind of need it. For blink I can’t stand it.

I agree. Though, there's different scenarios where I approve of backing tracks and not, backing vocals as an example is a thing that's a big no no for me, that's why it's so great that Matt is in the band now, and Ilan of course.

i just watched a video of the war from last night and honestly this is the best tom is capable of singing at his age. 

would i like him to sound as if he was 22 years old? yes. but he's not going to and i'm willing to accept it because he does sound better than both mark and skiba (when not performing with trio) right now. 

• Like 1