The Tom Delonge Thread

Meltdown Tracker

42 minutes ago, bojangles said:

Was it discussed yet that Tom wrote “yead” in the lyrics for this song. Fucking brilliant 

And why is that brilliant? Jesus Christ , Tom bots at it again, like I’ve said before. Tom farts and they go “omg it’s the best thing I’ve ever heard, he’s a fucking pioneer!”

• Haha 1
  • Crab 1

Lol Ghent having a meltdown over having another person helping write ONE song, the fuck. 

Tom was one of the main reasons for Blink being the amazing band we all love. Their material since his departure is clearly a step below. No need to have such a hate boner for him years after the drama has subsided, that type of grudge can't be healthy 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Shit Poster said:

Lol Ghent having a meltdown over having another person helping write ONE song, the fuck. 

Aaron has been listed as co-writer on every song on this album not just this one.

I think your hate boner for Ghent is having you misinterpret his “meltdown” as well.

13 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

Aaron has been listed as co-writer on every song on this album not just this one.

I think your hate boner for Ghent is having you misinterpret his “meltdown” as well.

Nah, he hates on Tom every chance he gets and it's just weird at this point. 

If you don't see a difference between having a few (or dozens?) of people write 3 albums vs. what Tom is doing, then you can't really see nuance. 

1 minute ago, Shit Poster said:

If you don't see a difference between having a few (or dozens?) of people write 3 albums vs. what Tom is doing, then you can't really see nuance. 

3 albums? Where you getting that number from? Seems like you’re biased as well and don’t know what you’re talking about. You should just stick to playing Rock Band, you have no chance on a real drum set 

2 minutes ago, FAPLORD said:

3 albums? Where you getting that number from? Seems like you’re biased as well and don’t know what you’re talking about. You should just stick to playing Rock Band, you have no chance on a real drum set 

California, Deluxe, and NINE. NINE had a lot of songwriters (weren't there like 7 on one song?), and I know California did too (Patrick Stump helped write Sober, right? And I recall the title track also was written by someone else). 

#triggered

Just now, Shit Poster said:

Ghent’s not hating on Tom here though lol. He’s giving shit to the people who give blink shit for having their producer listed as songwriter (feldy and Cali) but don’t give a fuck when Tom does the same thing. This was painfully obvious to see dude lol.

4 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

Ghent’s not hating on Tom here though lol. He’s giving shit to the people who give blink shit for having their producer listed as songwriter (feldy and Cali) but don’t give a fuck when Tom does the same thing. This was painfully obvious to see dude lol.

Like I said, the two situations still aren't really that comparable. To make an analogy that fits with the thread topic, it would be like saying someone that does cocaine once a month has just as big of an issue as someone who does it every day. It's a lazy "gotcha" claim.

20 minutes ago, Shit Poster said:

California, Deluxe, and NINE. NINE had a lot of songwriters (weren't there like 7 on one song?), and I know California did too (Patrick Stump helped write Sober, right? And I recall the title track also was written by someone else). 

#triggered

Triggered? As far as I’m concerned, California and deluxe is one album. And they wrote with Feldman not a team of writers as you discussed on those songs. So yup, that leaves you with 1 album of multi writers. Good try tho! Living up to your name 

3 minutes ago, FAPLORD said:

Triggered? As far as I’m concerned, California and deluxe is one album. And they wrote with Feldman not a team of writers as you discussed on those songs. So yup, that leaves you with 1 album of multi writers. Good try tho! Living up to your name 

The distinction between California/Deluxe being one/two albums is meaningless. It's still the quantity of songs that matters.

I just provided examples of songs on California that involved outside writers and you did nothing to rebut that and then claimed victory. Lol 

Just now, Shit Poster said:

The distinction between California/Deluxe being one/two albums is meaningless. It's still the quantity of songs that matters.

I just provided examples of songs on California that involved outside writers and you did nothing to rebut that and then claimed victory. Lol 

I didn’t see you list those songs. Either way I don’t care because I think it’s lame as fuck on both parts (mark and Tom) using tons of writers. And I gotta say NINE is obviously the worst offender. Does that make you happy?