Jump to content
 

The Tom Delonge Thread


Shit Poster
 Share

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, daveyjones said:

my impression, just from hearing mark talk about it on the discord, is that their friendship is in the best state it's been in 20 years. he talks to tom, literally, every day.

That’s awesome news. Even if blink is never able to reform with Tom I’d be happy if they could coexist in a friendly state. Unusual as it is, their friendship was what hooked a lot of us to the band. It was nice to hear them talk somewhat casually again. Tom pushed it a little far at points, but it felt natural.

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Ghent said:

That’s awesome news. Even if blink is never able to reform with Tom I’d be happy if they could coexist in a friendly state. Unusual as it is, their friendship was what hooked a lot of us to the band. It was nice to hear them talk somewhat casually again. Tom pushed it a little far at points, but it felt natural.

Absolutely agree!

16 hours ago, daveyjones said:

my impression, just from hearing mark talk about it on the discord, is that their friendship is in the best state it's been in 20 years. he talks to tom, literally, every day.

This is awesome

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, theedge00 said:

Nice interview! Is this the first time we’ve heard them talk together (in GOOD spirits) since Untitled?

there are flashes of this through the years. though the reunion era felt stifled in terms of their public communication, there‘s a few interviews that come to mind where they appear more buoyant… KROQ christmas, the australian phone-call interview where they put to rest the blinkumentary, and this hilarious canadian radio Q&A from ‘09:

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, boxelder said:

there are flashes of this through the years. though the reunion era felt stifled in terms of their public communication, there‘s a few interviews that come to mind where they appear more buoyant… KROQ christmas, the australian phone-call interview where they put to rest the blinkumentary, and this hilarious canadian radio Q&A from ‘09:

 

Aah right, thanks for sharing  :) However,  this one felt a bit different for some reason! More genuine or something…

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Warmed the soul listening to that. All of the awkwardness and resentments that were so evident during the reunion era have washed away to a much nicer dynamic between old friends.
 

Even if Tom doesn’t go back to Blink (I think he will do *something* eventually, as long as Mark gets and stays healthy 🤞), this is so much nicer than even 5 years ago when there would be weird energy in interviews when Tom was mentioned. 
 

Now, can we get Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks to make up? 😂

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, twentytwenty said:

I for one like their radio format. I listen to Apple Music Country Radio daily and love it

Dude I love you but this made me throw up in my mouth. 

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Kay said:

Dude I love you but this made me throw up in my mouth. 

It’s great. It’s artists that’s the hosts and you get bunch of fun stories and stuff between songs and stuff. It’s one of the things that puts them ahead of Spotify imo. That, and the lossless audio 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, twentytwenty said:

It’s great. It’s artists that’s the hosts and you get bunch of fun stories and stuff between songs and stuff. It’s one of the things that puts them ahead of Spotify imo. That, and the lossless audio 

I was commenting more on the country music aspect. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...